Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I don't see how people still fail to see where our team is at. We are an undesirable club to go to. We're a joke. Many of our players are terrible. If we offer players from other clubs the same amount that their current clubs are offering they will not join us. We either have to overpay players, or rely on teenagers. They are our only options.
Yes that's the cold facts of the matter . We offer aging players overs to enjoy the last couple of years before retirement . Many players leaving in last year
Mikhalae, Leulua ,Kelma ,Garner , Liddle ,Madden , Musgrove ,maybe NuBrown
Brooks ,Tamou(ret) Roberts (ret) ,
We fantasise about Moses , Dylan Brown , Bateman ,
But wait we have an array of promising 17/18 year olds coming thru ?
I'm struggling to come up with a starting 17 of quality 1ST graders
Recruitment is a major problem .I would love to see it admitted to and dramatic steps taken to make us a desirable location

Lol - pretty small sample - we only won 4 games. But i can play your game - we lost 8 games with Hastings at 7 and only 7 games with Brooks at seven. Add to that we won 2 games with Brooks at 6 and only 1 game with Douehi at 6. Really all that proves is that all 3 of our halves are pretty shit.
when all 3 played together I think once was the cowboys game and we shoukd have won

8 Klemmer
9 Api
10 Twal
11 Papallii
12 Blore
13 Hastings

14 Joffa
15 Pole
16 Stefano
17 Talau x Koautoga x Seyfarth?

Pending any signings?
Tyson Frizell ? I think he has a player option in 2023
We buy Klemmer
Maybe Brooks then gets released for 2023 in a deal with Tyson Frizell

10. Klemmer
9. Api
8. Stef
11. Papali
12. Frizell
13 Joffa
7. Hastings
6. Douhie

Low remark. Pull your head in.

Don't be so sensitive. No one is having a go at Doueihi because he is Lebanese. That is walking around with a chip on your shoulder.

it was a joke and I didn't start it. Whoever started the comments about being against the Lebanese did.

Disgraceful from you Earl. Hang your head in shame. Reported for racism.

Mate- you are reacting pretty harshly for no reason. That was not my intention at all. If I've offended someone I suggest you look at yourself. I didn't bring up the Lebanese point. I assume anyone making out that is why Doueihi cops some criticism is using racism as an excuse.

I have consistently called Doueihi the player most likely or our best player.

Doubtful - As we'd have a superior half.
Hastings and Doueihi have done nothing to show they're superior to Brooks.
Hastings get swallowed by defence so quickly he can barely get to his kick...
He'll need to stand way deeper than he does, And have better forwards...

Anyhow, No one has mentioned out all all 4 potential halves - Which ones actually want to stay past the current contract?
All of them... if you put them on Brooks' money.

• Haha
Reactions: 851
They sacked the coach and the head of recruitment - that's a decent start
Is that the coach who pulled off our only 2 great recruits in the last 12 months ?
I was thinking more along the lines of removing all division within the club
So that its One club with One name in top 3 grades . Maybe a token but it makes a statement that this is a new era . The current set up ain't working !

They might mean are going to pay him 900k which is pretty funny in itself.

It's still just rumors but I hope it's true. I think Hastings is our best 7 and Brooks and AD are on par for the 6 spot.

I'd love to not read the Brooks bashing on here other than when we play Newcastle.

I'm fine with picking up Klemmer and Brooks going but the dollars matter. I dispute that this is a good deal for us. I think it's a bad trade.

Klemmer on 800k next year but then 500k for 2 years.

Brooks can go at full freight but I'd chuck some money in next season assuming we are below the cap.

I reckon we are overpaying Klemmer but at a better deal I'd love him here.

I don't care who goes out of Doueihi and Brooks or even if both of them go. I'm not sold on Hastings at 13 either.
Hastings at halfback could work if you had a decent fast 5/8th. Brooks and Douhie arnt it for mine. Not sure what to do with Douhie.talented but got some issues to work out still.

Someone at the club needs to make the tough call now. I don't care if any of the spine leave to be honest but make deals in our favour

Hastings at halfback could work if you had a decent fast 5/8th. Brooks and Douhie arnt it for mine. Not sure what to do with Douhie.talented but got some issues to work out still.

Someone at the club needs to make the tough call now. I don't care if any of the spine leave to be honest but make deals in our favour

I don't know why Hastings gets written off as the halfback when the other two (3 if you include Laurie) haven't done much at all.

I think Hastings can work with either of those players. If we had a pack that smashed teams every so often I think Hastings at 7 can work.

Latest posts

Back