Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Brooks is gone, best thing for him and the club, you have to give it to him, the other 3 left and he stayed, at least he showed loyalty, it just hasn't worked our behind an under performing Team. Hasting is the one they need to keep, when he was at 7 he was the only one constantly talking and directing the Team, he would be a massive loss.
I'm sure good money had some part to play in Brooks loyalty.

The comments are not about Brooks going, it,s about AD ,bought as a FB,and was hopless, tried at centre, and was hopless, tried at 1/2 played 50% average and 50% terrible. Hastings has talent , but too slow for a half. You really think we can get anywhere near the top 8 with this pairing?
Time will tell !
My opinion... is we'll get further with that pairing than any other option including Brooks

I remember him touching the ball multiple times when he played 7 and not setting much up at all. It would have been preferable for the team for him to touch the ball less. I guess Sheens sees it this way as well.

Haha righto mate, let's have a look:

Jacko plays 11 games at half:

3 wins
0 tries
176 team points scored
6 forced dropouts
6 try assists
2 linebreaks
21 tackle breaks
1410 running metres
303 PCM
5 offloads
178 tackles
20 missed tackles (90% tackle efficiency)

Brooks in 17 games (7 at half, 10 at 5/8)

2 wins (0 @ half, 2 @ 5/8)
2 tries (0 @ half, 2 @ 5/8)
226 team points scored (84 @ half, 142 @ 5/8)
7 forced dropouts (1 @ half, 6 @ 5/8)
10 try assists (3 @ half, 7 @ 5/8)
3 linebreaks (1 @ half, 2 @ 5/8)
22 tackle breaks (7 @ half, 15 @ 5/8)
1258 running metres (512 @ half, 746 @ 5/8)
236 PCM (96 @ half, 140 @ 5/8)
11 offloads (8 @ half, 3 @ 5/8)
402 tackles (157 @ half, 245 @ 5/8)
75 missed tackles (27 @ half 85% TE, 48 @ 5/8 83% TE) 84% overall tackle efficiency

Looks to me that Hastings is a far more effective halfback that Brooks, and Brooks best football is at 5/8 which is what has long been said by many. You can pro-rata all his halfback stats to get the 11 game average for him and Hastings still outperforms him, sans offloads.

I know you're going through the stages of grief about Brooks potentially going, but the team is a better attacking outfit with Jacko at half. The results and stats this season say that.

3 wins
0 tries
176 team points scored
6 forced dropouts
6 try assists
2 linebreaks
21 tackle breaks
1410 running metres
303 PCM
5 offloads
178 tackles

75 missed tackles (27 @ half 85% TE, 48 @ 5/8 83% TE) 84% overall tackle efficiency

Looks to me that Hastings is a far more effective halfback that Brooks, and Brooks best football is at 5/8 which is what has long been said by many. You can pro-rata all his halfback stats to get the 11 game average for him and Hastings still outperforms him, sans offloads.

The team is a better attacking outfit with Jacko at half. The results and stats this season say that.
All the stats in the world won't change the fact that Sheens believes he is a 13. It is a fact.

All the stats in the world won't change the fact the fact Sheens believes he is a 13. It is a fact.

That's fine he's the coach and his livelihood rides and dies on his opinion, you think Brooks is a 7 because he's fast lol. He's not even the most effective half at the club.

Whatever helps you get through this tumultuous time mate...

The only times we looked good last season were with Hastings in the line-up. I cannot for the life or me understand why we wouldn't re-sign him. He's great at 7 or 13. I'd prefer 7 because it's harder to find a class 7 than it is to get a good 13.

Deadset we went like 2-17 with Brooks in the team.
Brooks season was atrocious no doubt and he definitely needs to go but i'm getting a little bit tired of people throwing Hastings up as the answer. His win record wasn't much better at 4 - 16. Douehi's win percentage was even worse than Brooks.

Reactions: Moh

3 wins
0 tries
176 team points scored
6 forced dropouts
6 try assists
2 linebreaks
21 tackle breaks
1410 running metres
303 PCM
5 offloads
178 tackles

I know you're going through the stages of grief about Brooks potentially going, but the team is a better attacking outfit with Jacko at half. The results and stats this season say that.
Brooks is an offloading machine when he wears the 7. That was my take-out.

Brooks season was atrocious no doubt and he definitely needs to go but i'm getting a little bit tired of people throwing Hastings up as the answer. His win record wasn't much better at 4 - 16. Douehi's win percentage was even worse than Brooks.
That's all true but don't forget, it's the team which finished last that we're talking about - no surprises there!

That's fine he's the coach and his livelihood rides and dies on his opinion, you think Brooks is a 7 because he's fast lol. He's not even the most effective half at the club.

Whatever helps you get through this tumultuous time mate...
This is about Hastings, not Brooks. You'll find Sheens and Marshall want pace in the halves for the style they want to play. I've already mentioned George Williams as a 7 option if Brooks goes.

This is about Hastings, not Brooks. You'll find Sheens and Marshall want pace in the halves for the style they want to play. I've already mentioned George Williams as a 7 option if Brooks goes.
That's the big clue right there - Sheens has said we'll be playing a whole different style in 2023.

That's all true but don't forget, it's the team which finished last that we're talking about - no surprises there!
Thats the point isn't it. People saying our terrible season was all on Brooks when the other 2 were just as bad and yet some on here seem to think Hastings and Douehi should be our 6 and 7. Lord help us if thats the halves pairing we trot out with next year.

Yeah....
I wonder when someone will make the correlation between getting the spoon and the players that lead there...
Hastings talks well and seems to know the game - Doesn't make him an accomplished NRL half.
Doueihi hasn't proven anything.... Does some things better than the other Halves,
Does others much worse... And has a long list of things he'd need rapid improvement on.
I wouldn't be spending more than 5-600 on anyone.

With Brooks leaving seemingly growing legs....
I don't know which way to go - Or which way they'll go....

The good teams are seemingly running with a 5 man attack - The spine + Lock...
I think Hastings worked well at 13, If he sees himself as an out and out 7...
We either play him there or he chases it elsewhere....
Weather he gets it or not will remain to be seen.

At the end of the day, We're so lacking is many other areas
- At this point (And has been the case for years) I think the Halves matter little,
And are the least of our problems.

Well if they want attacking footy from their halfback, Brooks won't feature in those plans.

Brooks touched the ball plenty this year too, he just did nothing with it at half.

Probably forced to give it to Seyfarth or another match winner....

Hastings isn't a 7...

Except when he displaced Brooks from the 7 and played 7 and did an outstanding job playing 7.

#Extend Brooks

😂

Outstanding?
You for real?

He was better - You reckon any top 8 teams are lining up for his signature after what we saw this year.... Doubtful.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back