Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Can't be bothered finding that out. Feel free if you have the time.

You said Benji didn't attract players when he was playing here. That is not true. Whether the players he attracted were a success is irrelevant as he didn't sign them.
Well it is relevant if they were crap and probably told what to say once they had signed

I found 4 ........the rest weren't worth talking about and or bring back painful memories

Price.

400k and I would sign him no questions.
1.2 Million and I would not touch him. Particularly after we did this:

WHY? When the players best form is 9 tries for Parra as a winger/fullback in 2017...

That said, the Stains signing is a great one. We have a good back line on paper in Nofo, Ken M, Staines, Laurie and Naden.

David Fifita makes sense, but at what price? 800k and I am listening, 1.2 Million and it's a NO. Likewise TPJ would be a good option.

heck even Andrew Fifita IMHO (for a min contract of 120k) makes sense. You get a rep forward who can up the game of Papalii, Stefano and others. Yes it's bench depth but our forward and second row stock looks particularly bad.... so we sign a crap winger in Will Smith???

( I can say all the above, because whatever I say is not as bad as us signing Will Smith. Why WT Why?)
Not in the top 30.

Just to create depth and be a mentor for the young kids coming through in reserve grade.

Good signing.

Fantastic signing.....
Where are the signings on $1000 a week with 100 games under their belt that can fill
9-10 Positions on the feild.

And he isn't busted up like JTJ was either.
It was a good pickup, thinking outside the box and isn't top 30 contracted as well.

Price.

400k and I would sign him no questions.
1.2 Million and I would not touch him. Particularly after we did this:

WHY? When the players best form is 9 tries for Parra as a winger/fullback in 2017...

That said, the Stains signing is a great one. We have a good back line on paper in Nofo, Ken M, Staines, Laurie and Naden.

David Fifita makes sense, but at what price? 800k and I am listening, 1.2 Million and it's a NO. Likewise TPJ would be a good option.

heck even Andrew Fifita IMHO (for a min contract of 120k) makes sense. You get a rep forward who can up the game of Papalii, Stefano and others. Yes it's bench depth but our forward and second row stock looks particularly bad.... so we sign a crap winger in Will Smith???

( I can say all the above, because whatever I say is not as bad as us signing Will Smith. Why WT Why?)
Will smith is a champion of state cup. There are many like him that are good state cup players that can't quite make NRL level fulltime but provide cover when needed.

Looking at coverage

Fullback: Staines, Laurie, AD, Smith To'a

Wingers: Nofo, Kenny, Naden, Kepoa, Smith

Centres: Naden, Kepoa, AD, Tupou, Talau, To'a

5/8: AD, Brooks, Laurie, Hastings, Smith

Lock: Hastings, Offa, Simpkins, Talau, Paps, Bateman ??, Smith

Half: Brooks, Hastings, AD, Smith

In any position he is back up at best at only if we have multiple injuries. Purchased as a mentor role in state cup for the youngins.

I just don't think NRL players in general have that kind of recruitment pull, i don't see it like the NBA where players are like i signed with the Lakers to play with Lebron for example.
Benji being appointed coach has been meant the Tigers get a look in where they previously wouldn't with the elite Rugby Players in NZ. You won't see it in this recruiting cycle but wait until after the Rugby World Cup next year.

Benji being appointed coach has been meant the Tigers get a look in where they previously wouldn't with the elite Rugby Players in NZ. You won't see it in this recruiting cycle but wait until after the Rugby World Cup next year.
Exactly right, all the players now and coming through have all grown up idolising benji
Same as Latrell coming out in an interview when the coaching dilemma was sorted and said he’d love to play under benji as coach
They all look up to him

Exactly right, all the players now and coming through have all grown up idolising benji
Same as Latrell coming out in an interview when the coaching dilemma was sorted and said he’d love to play under benji as coach
They all look up to him
The other side of the coin is that Benji has not done anything to earn respect as a coach yet. They may idolise him, but do they want to be coached by him?

He needs to earn his stripes and get some results first...then, the rest will come.

What a shock
They could both sign with Newcastle for 24...We're in November..I don't know,maybe
Hoopers just get the story moving faster.
Has Bateman who isn't currently contracted to us,come out publicly and say he doesn't get
along with hastings?

They could both sign with Newcastle for 24...We're in November..I don't know,maybe
Hoopers just get the story moving faster.
Has Bateman who isn't currently contracted to us,come out publicly and say he doesn't get
along with hastings?

Will have to make a call on Moses or whoever we are chasing.

Latest posts

Members online

Back