Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

If Pole loses his spot because of a Woods signing I'd be pissed.

I don't get the Woods signing. We have Klemmer, Pole, Joe O, Matamua, Stef, Twal, Blore & Seyfarth all looking for a spot in the middle for us.

I would prefer Seyfarth over Woods.

You could even add Asitasi James, Ma’anaima and Sione Fainu to the list.

We have Brooks in the halves who has struggled to make a positive impact his whole time in first grade plus two guys in Doueihi and Laurie who could have very limited first grade careers.

Surely we could use the spot for another player in a different position.

The only argument for getting him back to me is that props do get injured a lot. It's a tough position.

Unpopular opinion...

Don't mind the Woods signing.
He's depth and will likely play cup.
Get a call up when needed.

Sheens likes an experienced forward as depth- ala Ray Cashmere.

Woodsy will do a job when needed.
Don't care if he's fat and slow or yas don't like him.
Won't cost much and I truly think he'll be good to have around the club.
As long as doesn't get out ahead of the top 5 front rowers then I don't mind.

Klemmar, Stefano and Pole are definately. Twal in if Offa plays lock.

Rather Offa play front row off the bench though. Him and Pole.

Unpopular opinion...

Don't mind the Woods signing.
He's depth and will likely play cup.
Get a call up when needed.

Sheens likes an experienced forward as depth- ala Ray Cashmere.

Woodsy will do a job when needed.
Don't care if he's fat and slow or yas don't like him.
Won't cost much and I truly think he'll be good to have around the club.
couldn't have put it better myself. the bloke loves the club and clearly played with passion and drive that he lost the second he walked out. bring him back and I guarantee you he will show more in a handful of games here at WT than what he has away from the club in the past 5 years.

he's certainly not worthy of a spot in our first choice 17 but he'll get his hands dirty if/when he gets a call up.

Man I forgot that he actually was a good player once upon a time.

He was so good at times. He carried us and that was when we had Tedesco.

He also screwed us over when he was captain and left while trying to sign up other Tigers players to the Dogs. His slow play the balls and poor defense became more of an issue as well post leaving us.

He was so good at times. He carried us and that was when we had Tedesco.

He also screwed us over when he was captain and left while trying to sign up other Tigers players to the Dogs. His slow play the balls and poor defense became more of an issue as well post leaving us.
What could make a player turn on his club like that?

The supposed Woods signing only makes sense if for instance sake Twal is expected to still struggle with ongoing head knock issues. Or we are shipping out someone else, otherwise we are blocking guys like Pole which for a development club is an issue.

if its a mentor role for all the young Dev props and back up for the NRL side that sounds good. If it stops a young prop progressing through..it would be a step backwards.

Back