Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

These kids aren’t ready for week to week first grade yet and these mature players we are buying arnt up to 27 rounds of nrl any more it’s the perfect match. Were not gonna have the same starting 17 all year around. People get injured every year these kids will get a go at some point don’t worry about that

Klemmer with both Bateman and Brown are the forwards Sheens are reportedly looking at or already have signed..... anyone see any similarities all tough workhorses with experience for our young crop with a lot of mongrel - you can tell they’re trying to change the culture and I for one love it

Put the trust in Sheens... he knows this game inside and out

You'd think brown would put Woods rumour to bed too.

Really dont see what Brown brings to the roster tbh...weve now got plenty of experience...he doesnt have ball playing skills...plus he;s pretty bustedgotta figure we'd be better off with one of Offa or the young guns at 13,and using the spot for someone who can make a difference?

For me ad needs to do what is best for the team. He missed most of the year with a busted knee the club stuck by him. I don’t recall him once comming out and backing the club saying there is good times ahead and I’m looking forward to repaying them for backing me. all you hear is him demanding to play 5/8 and asking a ridiculous price of $800 000 a year after playing 7 or so games this year and missing no joke 20 tackles that led to try’s. I’m a fan of him and think he can be a great 5/8 and he has a lot of potential but I just wish he would vocally back this club and say I’ll play where ever Is best for the team.
To add to your post, Shawn Blore did his ACL then basically apologised to the fans. Asked them to stick with him. What a stand-up guy.

1669454776722.png
1669454880156.png

Really dont see what Brown brings to the roster tbh...weve now got plenty of experience...he doesnt have ball playing skills...plus he;s pretty bustedgotta figure we'd be better off with one of Offa or the young guns at 13,and using the spot for someone who can make a difference?
Yeah not sure either. Technically we don't have a lock. Can understand him playing first half a year and bring a young player through after that.

A 1 year deal would work.

Disagree to be honest, I think he brings aggression and experience.
I think Klemmer is a better example of both of those but Brown will still offer something to the younger guys if he comes, I think.

He played 20 out of a possible 28 games this season so I don't think he's busted.

And I reckon he's actually a very good ball-player, he was almost playing as a third half if you watched him for Italy at the World Cup.

Played Origin only a couple years ago too.

I don't think he was becoming predictable, we "beat" the Cowboys and Broncos, then he was injured. That's when we became predictable.

The switch to the ball distributing lock role for those games is what halted the predictability.

Liked Hastings in that role, though it seems that him being nullified withi a month and nullifying the team in the halfback role weren't the only reasons that he was let go.

Hope that he can get past the area/s of his personality that hold him back.

The switch to the ball distributing lock role for those games is what halted the predictability.

Liked Hastings in that role, though it seems that him being nullified withi a month and nullifying the team in the halfback role weren't the only reasons that he was let go.

Hope that he can get past the area/s of his personality that hold him back.
Yep Hastings was good at lock, but I think some fans are forgetting he did play quite a few games at halfback and we were dreadful. Except for the two wins by 1 point, teams were on to him and shut down everything he did.

I don't mind the Brown signing-
Just hope his body is up to it.

There was whispers he's cooked.

8 Klemmer
9 Api
10 Offa
11 Bateman
12 Papalii
13 Brown

14 Blore
15 Pole
16 Twal
17 Utoikamanu

Talau, Marama- up next.
Basically a whole new pack but has a slight smell of dads army about it. They'll get us into games this year but doubt if we have the points in us to capitalise.

Basically a whole new pack but has a slight smell of dads army about it. They'll get us into games this year but doubt if we have the points in us to capitalise.
Pretty youthful, besides Klem and Brown .. being 28 and 29.

We got good players in the wings waiting for their chance.

Talau, Matamua, Kautoga and the likes.

This is very Sheens - like, 05 formula.
Surrounding the talented kids around some experienced workers.

I don't mind the Brown signing-
Just hope his body is up to it.

There was whispers he's cooked.

8 Klemmer
9 Api
10 Offa
11 Bateman
12 Papalii
13 Brown

14 Blore
15 Pole
16 Twal
17 Utoikamanu

Talau, Marama- up next.

Not real keen on Brown, rather really hoping that Sheens and the assistant boy's high opinions and expectations of Talau and Blore prove fruitful.

WT need at least one of them to contribute at a decent level to succeed.

Not real keen on Brown, rather really hoping that Sheens and the assistant boy's high opinions and expectations of Talau and Blore prove fruitful.

WT need at least one of them to contribute at a decent level to succeed.
These guys are coming back from long term injuries and are injury prone.

We need experienced depth,
Can't rely on the kids.

He rarely ran the ball. Off the dummy half he would run to the line turn to outside and either out the back or back into the front rower running on. When he ran it was slow. His short kicking game was pretty good but his long game wasn't.

To be fair Brooks and Douhie went doing much.

I don't know. I just don't find and of our halves very exciting.
Which is totally sad because our halves usually are heart attack makers.

I swear I watched Benji games where we lost 18-0. But it was us almost scoring a try and dropping the ball, the opposite team scoring a try, then we take possession and almost score. Fumble, then they almost score but we scramble defence.

Latest posts

Back