Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Both would have to be for 2024 surely? If Parra wouldn't release Steph or Papalii there is no way they will let Moses go a year early. If we release Doehi now that puts a lot of pressure on Laurie to play 5/8, with only Will Smith waiting in the wings on a T&T contract. So I can see it happening, but not for 12 months.
I would think this is for 2024. Unless Moses starts tanking again.
Both Moses and AD have contracts for 2023 and are off contact in 2024.
Really couldn't see Parra releasing Moses. However, It would be hilarious if he did sign with the WTs for 2024 then there's talk about mental health issues.

The way I see 2023 as a possibility for Moses is this scenario.

Moses has committed to Tigers for 2024 & told Eels. Eels will want to do whatever it can to keep Dylan Brown otherwise face a crisis. Tigers negotiate to take Moses for 2023 and allow Eels to offer Brown a lot more for his existing '23 contract thus maintaining him. Maybe Tigers can offer a sweetener maybe in the form of AD or Jake Simpkin.

So Bateman's plane was going to LA not SYD... Ugh
So I am not one of those plane-spotting persons, nor do I stalk people on social media.

However it is conceivable to fly to Sydney via LA, if you plan a US stop-over. It's not as if it's out of the way, it's just not as time-efficient as flying East from London.

Unfortunately therefore his current location does not conclusively kill the possibility that he's still eventually going to end up in Australia.

The whole signing a year out is quite farcical. Wish it was changed to transfer windows. I would rather Moses sees his contract out; he would be front and centre of the Eels calendar and I wouldn't want Buzz being embarrassed again!

Funny thing mitch has an option his his favour for 24 too 😂

Well with Klemmer they've at least solved our lack of aggression if it's true
NOPE.

Even with Klemmer and Nathan Brown we have NOT solved our lack of Aggression.

That is exactly why we are in the mess we were in for 2022. Our culture needs to demand Aggression and pride. Russell Packer, Josh Reynolds, Robbie Roccow were known for their aggression. We clearly had some aggressive players and they mellowed.

We need to demand aggression in our club, training and culture. Else we will be mellowing Klemmer and Brown instead of having them help motivate us!

I just can't see moses agreeing to come back to the Tigers. After everything hes said and done over the years, i just can't see it happening. I hope im wrong.
I tend to agree but I think Moses is one of self centred types who says and does what he wants and has no regrets (or remorse) for things he has said and done in the past.

Yeah he's to slow for fullback, he's got a lot to improve at5/8 and to be honest I don't want him practicing in Nrl games. Go back to reserves and play that position to improve your game.

Centre is his position at the moment but his defence needs a lot of work. He gave up a few times last year. Fair dinkum he needs to take a good look at himself and work hard to get to where he thinks he already is at.
That's my biggest concern ....when the line is broken defensively he shows no desperation to get back and help ...

Either way eels r the biggest losers

They r either going to lose Moses, or Brown

Or both

And even if they keep one of them or both they r going to have to MASIVELY overpay inorder to equal what oyher clubs r offering

Yep alot of runs over a long time.
Hes on decent coin. How much would you pay for him? I imagine he's be 550-600k.
Would not like us to pay more than $400,000 for the next 2 years , with the club having a option for a 3rd year

Either way eels r the biggest losers

They r either going to lose Moses, or Brown

Or both

And even if they keep one of them or both they r going to have to MASIVELY overpay inorder to equal what oyher clubs r offering
Exactly. Even if we or the dogs don't get him, the Eels will have to overpay and out that with Gutho, Paulo and RCG and there cap will be massively overbalanced.

Stupid for letting them both come available at the same time.

Reactions: 851
NOPE.

Even with Klemmer and Nathan Brown we have NOT solved our lack of Aggression.

That is exactly why we are in the mess we were in for 2022. Our culture needs to demand Aggression and pride. Russell Packer, Josh Reynolds, Robbie Roccow were known for their aggression. We clearly had some aggressive players and they mellowed.

We need to demand aggression in our club, training and culture. Else we will be mellowing Klemmer and Brown instead of having them help motivate us!
All 3 that u mentioned, we’re on the sideline more than they were on the field , hard to have aggression when ur injured nearly all the time . And Roccow was not a high class signing , like KLEMMER or Bateman or even brown

Reactions: 851
Both would have to be for 2024 surely? If Parra wouldn't release Steph or Papalii there is no way they will let Moses go a year early. If we release Doehi now that puts a lot of pressure on Laurie to play 5/8, with only Will Smith waiting in the wings on a T&T contract. So I can see it happening, but not for 12 months.
Swap AD for Mose then Parramatta can offer Dylan Brown more to keep him

So I am not one of those plane-spotting persons, nor do I stalk people on social media.

However it is conceivable to fly to Sydney via LA, if you plan a US stop-over. It's not as if it's out of the way, it's just not as time-efficient as flying East from London.

Unfortunately therefore his current location does not conclusively kill the possibility that he's still eventually going to end up in Australia.
Currently Virgin air flight to London via LA (or reverse) is the cheapest listed airfare.

Latest posts

Back