Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Back when the big 3 first left they were all going to the dogs but des didn't rate Mitch and the deal fell through. Wonder if that’s still in his mind.

Reactions: 851
He is far better then AD, in every way. Faster,harder, smarter, and can tackle and pass. The spiral bomb is about as effective as a firecracker in Afghanistan.
His defence is weak. Made Capewell look like a star in origin. He has pace but his passing game is average and he's dumb as a box of hammers

That's how it was portrayed in the media at the time.
Eels low balled him upfront, Bulldogs didn't & put in a nice sweetener as well upfront.
He told the Eels, they then rushed back quickly with another offer and he signed with Bulldogs.
Eels stuffed up.

People need to remember Hookers don't get a huge price tag on them, we got Api for a steal considering the prices players are potentially getting 24 onwards.

Good faith is always the best approach, including with the Koroisau situation.

Expect that if no particular clause exists, WT will still act in good faith by sweetening it somewhat, as successful partnerships are based on good faith.

That's how it was portrayed in the media at the time.
Eels low balled him upfront, Bulldogs didn't & put in a nice sweetener as well upfront.
He told the Eels, they then rushed back quickly with another offer and he signed with Bulldogs.
Eels stuffed up.

People need to remember Hookers don't get a huge price tag on them, we got Api for a steal considering the prices players are potentially getting 24 onwards.
I think Dogs got a good deal. 450 was way unders and is the parra way. Mahoneys strength was JMK's weakness, which was fast good ball from dummy half. Mahoneys hooker speed allows players like Moses to use their natural ability with some room. Add a rolling forward pack and itll make weak teams look like swiss cheese. Id value Mahoney 650k, now that we know there is a good cap increase, 700k.

Gould is quoted as saying he never underpays a player.
Seems to buy good faith in players and makes them want to be under him. Tigers and eels are always looking for that sneaky deal.
We do two things, undercut, or go way over.
Leb, I have another leb mate who says same thing about Moses.

So what you are saying is we are $200k/$250k above dogs per annum? And he still hasn’t signed with us?

If that’s correct we’re done.

LM &Munster 2.0

Leb, I have another leb mate who says same thing about Moses.

So what you are saying is we are $200k/$250k above dogs per annum? And he still hasn’t signed with us?

If that’s correct we’re done.

LM &Munster 2.0
Let’s be real we were never a chance of getting munster 😂

That isnt how I remember it.

I remenber there was a scandal that eels undercut him and offered him 400 or 450. Then came back at 500 whereas the dogs came in with a no BS up front offer. I distinctly recall journalists reporting that that why Mhoney was impressed, dogs went stright for the jugular.
Eels offer was 3 yrs at $450Dogs was 4 yrs at $650
Also Burton offered a upgraded 4 yr for $3.7m

Back