Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Did we only sign Staines for one year ? If so, any idea as to why ?
Could be to help Penrith and their cap so he has an option to go back if tigers don't give him what he wants....,or tigers want depth at fullback without paying big dollars so if someone the RTS becomes avail we are able to chase him.
OR it could be a combination of all the above or none of it.
Did that answer your question? 🤣🤪

Sheens got the name shifty for a reason. Reading that article you would think the club has had a informal chat with Moses and nothing much else.

I still think the Moses things is very long odds, but when Sheens plays things down, you never know
Exactly the way I'm thinking, nothing like a signing against all odds senerio to get the the juices flowing

Can't think who it was but someone said successful sides have 17 top players and the rest are on less money.
With Staines, he's not a world beater and atm neither is Laurie so it doesn't make sense tying up Staines on good money for a longer term.
If a better player comes along we get rid of both Laurie and Staines.
I still have high hopes for Daino though.

I sadly agree.

Api will be quality, at least for his first year.

I am really looking forward to Robbie Farah working with Api Koroisau and I reckon Robbie will have a few tricks up his sleeve and might add a slight playmaking dimension to Api. The difference being API will play a solid hooker and give good ball to the halves.

Which is why I totally agree with you, Hastings + API means we will have a spine working together. Brooks + Api means Brooks is going to get the best ball delivery of his career....

?? Brooks time to perform. ok that was five years ago but you better deliver now.

While on Newcastle, I kinda disagree. 6 months ago they may have traded Klemmer without a swap. Now I could see them holding out. IMHO Hastings was far too big a prize, we could have offloaded AD.
I’m a Hastings fan, but just thinking the JH to newcastle may have been a Sheens manoeuvre to block Brooks option ??
Just a thought

Nathan Brown won't be joining the WT.
Good. I don’t see him in the starting side. It would be 20mins off the bench. I’d prefer Pole, Kautoga, Ma'anaima getting more NRL game time this year. Then there’s Saukuru, Tumeth, Fainu ect who would love to be given a chance if they prove themselves at SC level playing next to experience NRL players like Klemmer, Bateman, J’Offa, Papali’i & Api.
We also have Twal, Blore, Steph. I can’t see why we’d need Brown when the backs are needing fixing.
If it was for lock, I’d prefer J’Offa, Papal'li or Bateman over Brown.

Last edited:
Nathan Brown won't be joining the WT.

Smart choice i think we can promote from within seeing as we've added much needed experience already. Papal'li wanted to move to the middle Joffa can play there then theres the kid coming through we can blood him throughout the year.
Even Sheens mentioned Bateman but i'd rather him on the edge personally.

Latest posts

Back