Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

So u want a 1/2 back and a fullback , please explain to everyone on this forum how we get them into our salary cap. We needed to overhaul our crap forward pack , which we have down , yes them may have given them a year longer than must would have liked, but when ur at the bottom on the tree u 1/2 to go big , so u can’t replace everything at once, so be patient, next year the backs get a overhaul
We still desperately need a halfback. We have two 5/8ths in AD and Brooks but no one in the squad who can play 7 and direct the team

We came dead set last this year, so our bargaining position was on the floor. Player management know they can get premium dollars and long contracts when dealing with the Tigers.

So we either sign nobody and continue to be a cellar team or we sign these sorts of players for over the odds and a extra two years and have a chance to actually improve…..to me it’s a no brainer
We had no bargaining power when the big 3 left and we signed Mautalino, packer and Reynolds’s for 4 year deals and look how they turned out.

I didn’t say I didn’t like Klemmer and Bateman.

I said I didn’t like the 4th year we gave them and asking price.

I don’t think we had to, even if we came dead last… I think we could’ve gotten them for 3 yrs if we were better negotiators.

Just my opinion.

But I understand your position.

Rip you to pieces now mate.

Klemmar made 150m per game and tackled at around 95%. Thats good in any books. He rarely gets injured. Hel be fine for 3 years.

Bateman no matter his form is rep starting 2nd rower.

Hardly atrocious considering the salary cap has gone up by so much. It ended up being good business whilst also making the Tigers a destination club now due to a great pack.
Only said I didn’t rate the 4th year we gave them at full asking price … think we could’ve done it for 3 yrs.

Just my opinion.

Appreciate you ripping me to pieces!

Love fans with die hard passion.

Klemmer and Bateman for 4 yrs at full asking price is a reflection of our negotiation skills. Atrocious.

Both good for 2 plus an option for third.

When we sign a decent half or fullback I’ll be more complimentary.

Till then we’re a bottom 4 team.

And yes I was a Hastings fan at half. Everyone who couldn’t see that he was our best half is delusional and will probably be the first to pile on sheens, brooks and Pascoe when we’re struggling next year.

Hope you can all rip me to pieces next year if we’re winning.
Weird question, are we not a bottom 4 team with brooks and pascoe on board? Like we have been for the last umpteen years? or did they magically become legends whats the go?

So u want a 1/2 back and a fullback , please explain to everyone on this forum how we get them into our salary cap. We needed to overhaul our crap forward pack , which we have down , yes them may have given them a year longer than must would have liked, but when ur at the bottom on the tree u 1/2 to go big , so u can’t replace everything at once, so be patient, next year the backs get a overhaul
I agree with you on taking it bit by bit.

I said fullback OR half.

I thought we could’ve kept Hastings if Sheens wanted to.

If Sheens or the club was smarter - why not just tell Jackson that he will start at lock and if the team is not gelling with brooks at half he will swap them and play like at 5/8.

We could’ve kept the option of Jackson. I think if the club wanted him they would’ve shown him more love.

And I don’t think we had to trade anyone for Klemmer bc he was always gonna come.

We could’ve kept luke and Jackson and chosen who was best after a few games.

With Api and Hastings I honestly beloved we were top 8.

With Api and Brooks I think we’re bottom 4.

Just my opinion.

Weird question, are we not a bottom 4 team with brooks and pascoe on board? Like we have been for the last umpteen years? or did they magically become legends whats the go?
Massive bottom 4. Unless they sign Moses or another gun to help brooks.

Meh. Some people could win the lotto and still be unhappy their numbers didn’t fall numerically. While they sip from the half empty glass of Dom.
I have high standards for the club.

Think we take 2 steps forward and three back.

I don’t drink champagne either but half a glass of Dom doesn’t sound too bad.

From that video highlights package, Welsby looks out of the box. Call me irresponsible but I'd roll the dice with him even if he costs us big bickies. He's 21, very fast, can pass, can tackle and has a bit of aggression in him. Plus he's only 21. I'd much rather invest in him than Moses.
Both!!

I agree with you on taking it bit by bit.

I said fullback OR half.

I thought we could’ve kept Hastings if Sheens wanted to.

If Sheens or the club was smarter - why not just tell Jackson that he will start at lock and if the team is not gelling with brooks at half he will swap them and play like at 5/8.

We could’ve kept the option of Jackson. I think if the club wanted him they would’ve shown him more love.

And I don’t think we had to trade anyone for Klemmer bc he was always gonna come.

We could’ve kept luke and Jackson and chosen who was best after a few games.

With Api and Hastings I honestly beloved we were top 8.

With Api and Brooks I think we’re bottom 4.

Just my opinion.
why does api and hastings get us into 8? Jesus christ mate, not a fan of api and brooks either. But bloody hell if sheens wanted to? Sheens just knocked out the best recruitment we've seen in years, i aint gonna try question that man thats for sure....
I really dont get fans that lose their brains over a player after one or two good games, and then talk about other players who have been horrible for years. Like jesus where your brain at lol

why does api and hastings get us into 8? Jesus christ mate, not a fan of api and brooks either. But bloody hell if sheens wanted to? Sheens just knocked out the best recruitment we've seen in years, i aint gonna try question that man thats for sure....
I really dont get fans that lose their brains over a player after one or two good games, and then talk about other players who have been horrible for years. Like jesus where your brain at lol
Jackson is a good player - just my opinion.

I think Api, Hastings, Brooks - get us into 8.

We need a controller. A voice on the field. Someone who is a leader.

With our new forward pack and those three players I think we’re top 8.

Again I appreciate your opinion - we’ll just have to see how it plays out next year. None of us know. We’re just going off our opinions.

Again I appreciate your opinion - we’ll just have to see how it plays out next year. None of us know. We’re just going off our opinions.
Thats all fine man, but stop saying you appreciate peoples opinions when you stay stuff like

"If Sheens or the club was smarter - why not just tell Jackson that he will start at lock and if the team is not gelling with brooks at half he will swap them and play like at 5/8.

We could’ve kept luke and Jackson and chosen who was best after a few games."

Your hiding behind moronic comments and hoping you come off good jesus christ....."just my opinion" I've never been more pissed off at someone pretending to be a fan than when ive read your posts

Thats all fine man, but stop saying you appreciate peoples opinions when you stay stuff like

"If Sheens or the club was smarter - why not just tell Jackson that he will start at lock and if the team is not gelling with brooks at half he will swap them and play like at 5/8.

We could’ve kept luke and Jackson and chosen who was best after a few games."

Your hiding behind moronic comments and hoping you come off good jesus christ....."just my opinion" I've never been more pissed off at someone pretending to be a fan than when ive read your posts
Not sure how they’re moronic when they’re qualified as opinions - which everyone’s comments are by the way.

I only state “opinion” bc people get personal on here like you have.

And I appreciate peoples opinions bc they want the best for the club but might have a different thought to me. It’s not personal.

You can annoyed all you like I can’t control that.

You should direct that at management.

Not sure how they’re moronic when they’re qualified as opinions - which everyone’s comments are by the way.

I only state “opinion” bc people get personal on here like you have.

And I appreciate peoples opinions bc they want the best for the club but might have a different thought to me. It’s not personal.

You can annoyed all you like I can’t control that.

You should direct that at management.
Yea I'm super annoyed, think your annoying, but that's my "opinion" so its fine right, judging off your logic?
my absolute qualified opinion

Brooks hasnt got us anywhere, hastings wouldn't have, api might get close but isnt gonna be a controller or voice on the floor without 20 other dudes chipping in.
Hastings had like 2 moments of fame, in the worst team in the comp, the team that ended up getting the wooden spoon. Even there he wasn't an immediate pick for half back, i don't get what im missing here.

Wanna be a fan and love the club, get over hastings

Latest posts

Back