Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yep exactly, and this is a big part of the reason we should go for RTS, he comes with no former Tigers baggage. Ted would see it as a step backwards and be dirty.
And I would really love to sit back and watch the Ted and Nick divorce play out.
Teddy is absolutely world class and some would say the best in the world, bit silly to let bitterness get in the way of logic. If we were a remote chance we should pursue it.

It would be negligent not to go hard after RTS, he was close to, if not the best player in the game when he left. Being hidden at the warriors left him criminally underrated. in terms of output he deserves more $$ than MM

While he would be an improvement on some players in the top 30, I think Brown is unnecessary so it really depends on what we are paying.

I can live with Brown as our lock. He adds to a really intimidating forward pack. If we’re winning the middle most weeks we probably don’t need the best backline to play finals footy. Hopefully 2 years max.

I can live with Brown as our lock. He adds to a really intimidating forward pack. If we’re winning the middle most weeks we probably don’t need the best backline to play finals footy. Hopefully 2 years max.
I really believe Baggers that the team needs to be a well balanced side.
If we get Brown and ignore our backs then the opposition will prepare for this and burn us elsewhere.
The top teams have marquee forwads as well as backs....if we were to sign RTS or similar, we would have a serious chance of a title.
Apart from AD, all our backs are stock std, nothing special.

I really believe Baggers that the team needs to be a well balanced side.
If we get Brown and ignore our backs then the opposition will prepare for this and burn us elsewhere.
The top teams have marquee forwads as well as backs....if we were to sign RTS or similar, we would have a serious chance of a title.
Apart from AD, all our backs are stock std, nothing special.
If you look at it man for man Cobar up against say the Roosters or Penrith, we still lose every time. If we can build a forward pack that can compete with those top sides, maybe a few of our unheralded backs pop up and surprise us. We signed Naden and To’a long term, Noffa is long term. You can’t just carry them as dead wood. They need to lift. Mind you if we could get an elite fullback I’d be all for it, can’t see it happening though..

I’m sure it’s been raised here before re his pottential Return. Some knowledgeable posters have said it very firmly, it will never happen.
Probably right but wouldn't it be good if it did. An older Teddy with a hot young gun in Sua'ali openly after his fullback job (and money)-someone the Chooks are likely going to have some difficulty retaining if all the talk of an upcoming huge Rugby approach are true-might just be interested in coming home to finish his career.

Klemmer and Bateman both bought in for go forward but also the nasty stuff if needed , Blore will add to this , we were push over light weights last year with Joffa the only one to have a crack and also Pole when he ripped in , no more push over tigers. Or soft tigers , opposition teams are going to think about us when we play them in a very different way , we will have loads of punch with Klemmer , Steph , Bateman , Blore , Pappi , Pole all good go forward players with a hard edge , Brown not really required but a solid back up with Twal , still would love one more back

Klemmer and Bateman both bought in for go forward but also the nasty stuff if needed , Blore will add to this , we were push over light weights last year with Joffa the only one to have a crack and also Pole when he ripped in , no more push over tigers. Or soft tigers , opposition teams are going to think about us when we play them in a very different way , we will have loads of punch with Klemmer , Steph , Bateman , Blore , Pappi , Pole all good go forward players with a hard edge , Brown not really required but a solid back up with Twal , still would love one more back
Someone posted an article of an interview with Sheens where it was suggested Brown would not be recruited by WTs.

Zero tackle are reporting that the tigers still have 2 roster spots to fill after signing Bateman and that it's looking more likely that Nathan Brown will be joining for 23 to free up more money for Moses and Taupau.
Nathan Brown is superfluous to our needs. Our new forward pack is bulging with class and talent. What Wests Tigers need is a decent back to add some class to our flimsy backline.

Nathan Brown is superfluous to our needs. Our new forward pack is bulging with class and talent. What Wests Tigers need is a decent back to add some class to our flimsy backline.
I can only think they want some short term experience in the pigs.
The backs will be sorted as well.

I'm not sure how you can tell how our backline is going to go yet with such a significant change in the forwards.
Even the biggest Brooks critics would have to admit that last year out pack were completely out muscled and dominated in most games other than a couple of tough stand up performances that we couldn't maintain. Add a list of injuries, players released, and then season was written off - no incentive no chance.
So much rests on the back of this forward pack and if they deliver the backs may yet surprise a few.

I
Too much time on my hands haha re thinking...
Heard Laurie was training at 5/8 & Douiehie could be a chance to play centre, to which he's made public he doesn't want to play that position.
If Keary medically retired, then maybe for 24, a 3 way move between AD, Moses and Keary.
I'm dreaming i know.
think Laurie would be getting that chance until brooks and Douhie return to training in the new year

Latest posts

Back