Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Anyone think AD may shop himself to Roosters, opening up a play for Moses to slot in?
Brooks 》6
Moses 》7

We still get N Brown at 13

Lots of RTS talk

Anyone worried about his past history ...didn't he leave the Roosters early to join the Warriors ...left the Warriors early to join RU ...and now would be leaving RU early to join an NRL club ...
At almost 30, he won't be doing it too many more times. Needs a good contract to finish off his career so he needs to sort something reasonably long term in the next year or so I would imagine.

He does seem to be a very decent sort of a guy on the surface at least. Would love to get him but it all comes down to contact value and length which is always a very delicate line when it gets towards the end of a player's career.

Anyone think AD may shop himself to Roosters, opening up a play for Moses to slot in?
Brooks 》6
Moses 》7

We still get N Brown at 13
If and it is a very big if the Tigers sign Moses then AD would be a target for the Eels as they could move Dylan Brown to half rather than slot in the coach's son. The Tigers may also then look to get Moses in 2023 by releasing AD and someone like Simpkin to the Eels given the age of Hodgson and his recent horror run of injuries. But extremely doubtful that the Eels would release Moses early as they wouldn't even let big Stef come to the Tigers a year early.

Why would the Roosters buy him ? And where would the play him,?
Too much time on my hands haha re thinking...
Heard Laurie was training at 5/8 & Douiehie could be a chance to play centre, to which he's made public he doesn't want to play that position.
If Keary medically retired, then maybe for 24, a 3 way move between AD, Moses and Keary.
I'm dreaming i know.

I hope recruitment has been talking to Blake Taafe? I doubt he makes the 17 at bunnies but he would be a starter every week here at FB. Did a great job while Latrell was off. So good that Latrell must have thought he was a threat to rule himself out of blues camp?
Would be very good pick up for any team.

With Sheens talking about not extending contracts to the new year or later, we all assume that it's to gauge player performances. No doubt that is part of the reasoning,BUT it could also mean they have other players they are talking to, in these positions, either now or next year, for 2024. I'm sure this is a continuing process. Even if the players play well, they may still go for someone better.

Well one things for sure, we will be signing a halfback sometime in the next couple of months. No team goes into the season with only one halfback in the top 30, especially with no halves as development players.
If Brooks does his knee we literally have no one remotely capable of organising a side. As a bare minimum we'll sign a jock madden type youngster with potential.
Our NSW cup squad doesn't even have a halfback remotely capable of stepping up, Kade Hill needs to put on another 10kgs before he'd have a chance. We will sign a halfback, sadly the one I'd have taken, Pezet, just re-signed with Melbourne
I think Will Smith is our ‘in case of emergency break glass’ not many teams have a genuine first grader as back up HB.

Yep exactly, and this is a big part of the reason we should go for RTS, he comes with no former Tigers baggage. Ted would see it as a step backwards and be dirty.
And I would really love to sit back and watch the Ted and Nick divorce play out.
Teddy is absolutely world class and some would say the best in the world, bit silly to let bitterness get in the way of logic. If we were a remote chance we should pursue it.

It would be negligent not to go hard after RTS, he was close to, if not the best player in the game when he left. Being hidden at the warriors left him criminally underrated. in terms of output he deserves more $$ than MM

While he would be an improvement on some players in the top 30, I think Brown is unnecessary so it really depends on what we are paying.

I can live with Brown as our lock. He adds to a really intimidating forward pack. If we’re winning the middle most weeks we probably don’t need the best backline to play finals footy. Hopefully 2 years max.

Members online

No members online now.
Back