Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It's a tough one. When he is on I think he is one of the best runners of the footy we have in relation to making a bust. I think because he is a big guy if he fixes his defense he can be a good defender.

He was recently considered for the captaincy role and one of our leaders.

We'll see what happens this year.
The goalposts may have moved now that Maguire has gone. In my mind, Marshall wants certain attributes in the 6 and 7 to play his style of game. Speed off the mark, ball playing, short kicking for repeat sets, defence are a few I believe would be mandatory. That is just my view but as for leadership, I think that ship has sailed.

Love having Klemmer but can’t understand why we would give Newcastle a halfback for basically nothing.

For some reason Hastings wasn't rated. I assume because he is a little slow and the coaching staff saw him as a lock. It could be because he is a difficult personality and not that good a player.

So that’s the Klemmer/Hastings player swap? How much did they get Hastings for then?
Klemmer was on the outer at Newcastle and I reckon we could have got him anyway.
Also seems pretty obvious now they didn’t want Brooks at anywhere near full freight and we wouldn’t kick in.
Love having Klemmer but can’t understand why we would give Newcastle a halfback for basically nothing.
I believe you've answered your own question.

Fyi

Moses on a 5 yr deal is better than klemmer and Bateman on 4 yr deals. Even at 1.4M. That’s the price you pay for losing him in the first place.

Gus has done an amazing job with the dogs to date (in 12 months!!) and all this “they’ll lose players and he’s messed up their cap” is absolute one sided WT mediocrity. He has signed who’s he’s wanted (bar MM) and hasn’t lost a player to date. And he transformed panthers by securing funding from Packer. Wish Pascoe and Lee had thought of bringing him in before Dogs did… but losers don’t win.

Also we need two more marquee players in the backs to be a top 8 eight contender - at least one in halves.
I get ur anger , but how can u bag the club , sheens has done a great job so far to rebuild a useless forward pack , but u can’t buy everyone in one season, we will shed more dead wood next year and hopefully bring in some class backs , so support the club while they continue to rebuild and if it fails then u can unload on them .

I get ur anger , but how can u bag the club , sheens has done a great job so far to rebuild a useless forward pack , but u can’t buy everyone in one season, we will shed more dead wood next year and hopefully bring in some class backs , so support the club while they continue to rebuild and if it fails then u can unload on them .
We could find a few backs from the lower grades. There is a lot of talent and one or two just need to work hard and impress the coaching team. I am optimistic we have solutions in our own backyard for our backs.

⁰0
So that’s the Klemmer/Hastings player swap? How much did they get Hastings for then?
Klemmer was on the outer at Newcastle and I reckon we could have got him anyway.
Also seems pretty obvious now they didn’t want Brooks at anywhere near full freight and we wouldn’t kick in.
Oh gosh, back here again

He's a troll bulldog fan.

Fyi

Moses on a 5 yr deal is better than klemmer and Bateman on 4 yr deals. Even at 1.4M. That’s the price you pay for losing him in the first place.

Gus has done an amazing job with the dogs to date (in 12 months!!) and all this “they’ll lose players and he’s messed up their cap” is absolute one sided WT mediocrity. He has signed who’s he’s wanted (bar MM) and hasn’t lost a player to date. And he transformed panthers by securing funding from Packer. Wish Pascoe and Lee had thought of bringing him in before Dogs did… but losers don’t win.

Also we need two more marquee players in the backs to be a top 8 eight contender - at least one in halves.
Article in DT suggests otherwise. Dogs had to go cap in hand to Leagues club for a $6mil handout. Its not so much the cap thats the problem its the ancillary spending that has gone through the roof since Gus arrived. Only Sydney NRL club that is still heavily dependent on pokies revenue from their leagues club.

Where does it say that? - Just another assumption with no factual evidence.

Milford has played in a grand final and lead teams into the finals. Yes he has issues and he is clearly no DCE/Cleary/Townsend/Hugues/etc.

Still, with Milford he has realised something in his career. Wayne Bennett will get the most out of him, as he does with many players.

I honestly thought the criticism would be around the JMK hooker or Sean O'Sullivan who is fairly unproven. Not saying it's a great spine, but it's one that can get the job done behind their pack.

I suspect Wayne is looking at the whole Moses drama and will make an offer to AD. (not a good one, but a fair one.).
Gee whiz crazycat, that is out of left field.

Latest posts

Back