Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Players do carry some responsibility. So does the former coach who many of you were all over. Brooks stated it during his interview the other day. We've a new coaching team, a style which better matches the skillsets of the players in the squad, a few tough experienced forwards which provides the framework for younger players to be introduced into the team. I'm looking forward to the new year.
If the style better matches the existing skill sets then why the daily 200 passes? Muscle reflex? Why is Laurie or Staines not FB material? Why is JO not a 13?
Nope, the style is not negotiable. If the skill sets don’t already exist you pick them up or move on. It’s a tougher approach than Madge had.

If the style better matches the existing skill sets then why the daily 200 passes? Muscle reflex? Why is Laurie or Staines not FB material? Why is JO not a 13?
Nope, the style is not negotiable. If the skill sets don’t already exist you pick them up or move on. It’s a tougher approach than Madge had.
1. Practice. Why did Puskas place the ball on the goal line, put his foot under the ball and repeatedly bounce it off the underside of the goal posts? First touch and ball control. Even the best require practice.

2. Sheens has commented that Laurie and Staines practice at 5/8 and wing respectively as well as fullback. I always believed an NRL player should be able to play at least two positions.

3. Ofahengaue is a prop and always has been. Just because Maguire played him at 13 does not mean he possesses the skillset to play that position. This is especially true if you are looking for you No 13 to play the link role. Marshall has commented on this already.

If there is a meeting today, good or bad, I just don’t think we hear anything on here today 🤷‍♂️

1. Practice. Why did Puskas place the ball on the goal line, put his foot under the ball and repeatedly bounce it off the underside of the goal posts? First touch and ball control. Even the best require practice.

2. Sheens has commented that Laurie and Staines practice at 5/8 and wing respectively as well as fullback. I always believed an NRL player should be able to play at least two positions.

3. Ofahengaue is a prop and always has been. Just because Maguire played him at 13 does not mean he possesses the skillset to play that position. This is especially true if you are looking for you No 13 to play the link role. Marshall has commented on this already.
Was there ever going to be any other style of play? I’m definitely not saying I disagree with it, in fact I love the approach...the opposition can’t score if they don’t have the ball, if you have the ball you should be looking at scoring opportunities etc, it’s an old Don Bradman approach. Just saying spare us the bullshit about playing a style which suits the players skill sets. Players who don’t have them will be weeded out and those who do will get better at them. Simple.

I think the grubber for repeat sets has dropped off since the 7 tackle sets were introduced. The cross field bomb or simply playing out the set in good position seems to be favoured by teams as more options with less risk.
Which is ridiculous. It's not that hard to do it especially if you train non stop. Defences have got better of course but if you just play it out and get tackled then you are not going to win a premiership.

I
Could be a case of Moses coming to us with his final terms and whether or not we choose to accept it.
think the club would match it provided it isn't anything completely outlandish....for two reasons....

Firstly he would lift our squad to a top 8 squad. As much as I hate to say it he's a great player.
Secondly, the Tigers would loooove to stick it up the Slimeys and this would be a big big loss for them....

If we did get B*tch Moses for 2024 and he had to play out 2023 at the Parrasites, can you imagine the crap he would cop off those Parrasite supporters.

Considering how he played the mental health card before he left us, I would image having to play out 2023 over there under those conditions would surely see him in a padded cell before the season was over.

Was there ever going to be any other style of play? I’m definitely not saying I disagree with it, in fact I love the approach...the opposition can’t score if they don’t have the ball, if you have the ball you should be looking at scoring opportunities etc, it’s an old Don Bradman approach. Just saying spare us the bullshit about playing a style which suits the players skill sets. Players who don’t have them will be weeded out and those who do will get better at them. Simple.
Most of the players who do not fit imo have been weeded out of the roster.

Flanagan for all his faults, did review the skillsets of his players at the Sharks and formulated a style and game plan to match. This is the opposite of the one sized fits all approach which we are all too familiar with at WTs.

Sheens was always known for his game plans and yes offensive approach - you get 6 or 7 opportunities to score in a game and you must convert 3 or 4 to win a game.

Brooks has had a change of heart after discussions with Marshall in that interview posted on the other thread. He also cheekily mentioned five hit-ups and a kick (not a bomb). So, the change is very real, real enough to have one of our players change his mind about his future. I don't believe it to be bullshit at all..

Latest posts

Back