Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

FWIW, one of the conditions of Moses was the Tigers re-sign Brooks to at least 3+ years
This is what irks me, we need a quality half but we have coaches who are paid to worry about that, if players could demand whatever they wanted clubs wouldn't get anywhere it would be club med. If Brooks wants 3 plus years let him earn it. I couldn't imagine any of the Broncos in the 90s demanding something like this from Bennett I reckon they'd be out the door.

Like a few on here have said, wether he comes or not I’m not really fussed anymore… just can’t wait for the season to start so ppl can cheer or complain about something that actually has happened instead of arguing over what ppl think or read from dodgey journos and thereafter believe it as truth because it’s been repeated so often.
Bring on the season already!!

Folks in all honesty .. if we .. and I'll say that's a big IF we get MM .. do we play him at 7 or 6 .. ??

Personally .. I'd play Brooks at 7 .. why because he aint a running .. playmaking 5/8 .. and I'd play MM at 6 .. he's a better player running with the ball in hand .. at 5/8 you have more time to run with the ball .. and he's better at setting up other players running onto the ball around him than Brooks .. I think he reads the play better than Brooks as well.

Your thoughts .. ??
We already tried that ... Brooks has since proven he's not a halfback and Moses has proven that he is.

call BS on that if he said he wanted AD plenty on here would not have an issue...
Players like to k ow who they are going to play with all the time nothing new
I would feel the same Douhi hasn't done anything to earn his 3 plus year deal either. The players play, its a culture thing, let them start making demands we will go nowhere quickly. Sure Moses wants to know who his partner in the halves will be even consult with him of the signing of a future halves partner to get his opinion I'm fine with that, but to expressly state a condition of signing is we must give Brooks 3 plus years doesn't sit well with me. Don't care who the player is Moses is potentially signing to play for the Tigers, the Tigers pay him, he plays with whoever the coaches deem worthy of wearing our jursey after they earn it.

Just off topic, if you're up for entertainment, switch to the Robodet RC and watch Alan Tudge.
that is some bizzare viewing there that you are watching bro .. Alan Tudge a man of many morals, highly religious .. comes to Canberra as a politician .. but runs around the Canberra pubs and clubs thinking his teenager again .. and has an affair with his former advisor .. to which the federal Government (us the tax payers) not Alan Tudge .. is forced to pay $650,000 for her liaison with the member .. !!

Isaac Moses getting his claws into the club. Before you know it he’s got enough players in your club that he controls you. Very dangerous. If we get M Moses and Brooks is re-signed we should avoid any more Isaac Moses managed players so he can’t pull the rug out from underneath us.
Just like in 2013

Last edited:
Good chance of RTS to chooks???
How do they already have three of the best fullbacks in the NRL and want to add another. It has already been too obvious that they're rorting the cap, but if they get RTS then its beyond belief with what the chooks are doing 🥵
After a backline made up entirely of representative fullbacks by the look of it.

Isn't this a signings & rumours thread? why are we having yet another Brooks debate... growing quite tiresome tbh. Brooks should be treated like any other player & should be able to earn his contract extension not have Moses decide it for him. Same as AD or any other player in the squad... A contract is earned not handed on the back of another players say so.
1675300812902.png

Brooks is one of his best mates. Moses was never going to come here at the expense of a mate, it was always only a possibility if it meant they played together. That has been well lnown since all this saga started. So I think he is entitled to make sure his mate wasn't getting shafted for him.
Didnt give 2 hoots when he dumped his 'best mate' to go to Parra

Back