Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Doesn't really affect us - our halves are sorted for 2023 as are the eels. Does affect how things might play out over the next 12 months.
Only issue is if we have potential money on hold for Moses we can't sign someone else who might pop up. At some stage we need to give him a deadline. We can't keep potentially 1.4 mill of our cap unused for Moses to sign for much of the season. We could miss out on Moses and any other potential halves.

Holding them back a bit not a bad thing in my opinion.

Regardless wad not the root cause with Brooks which is the 4 coaches that proceeded ruined his game in my opinion.
Agree. Another point is when kids fly through the lower grades they have no reason to develop. They coast along till they reach NRL level then struggle because they're development plateaued

Agree. Another point is when kids fly through the lower grades they have no reason to develop. They coast along till they reach NRL level then struggle because they're development plateaued
That is true and is one of the main reasons why young players who look good through juniors and junior rep sides don't make it at the top level

Isaac Moses played us like a fiddle when Moses, Tedesco and Sharon left, for more money. No one at the club was switched on enough to realise it at the time.
I think they were incompetent but at the same time Isaac had us by the nuts. As I recall we tried to hire his partner who was breaking away from Cove?
Who was our CEO at the time?
We certainly found in the aftermath we had limited access to the best players.
Sheens seems to have rebuilt the bridges?

Reactions: 851
Isaac Moses played us like a fiddle when Moses, Tedesco and Sharon left, for more money. No one at the club was switched on enough to realise it at the time.
They don't pay him the big bucks to not get the best deals - Moses, Bateman, and Brooks all in his crop he will be making sure that he is using every advantage to get what he wants at our expense if it comes down to that.

What’s happened to lodge is he signed for the roooters or is he still looking ?????
On another matter, just looking at your stats, very impressive.
642 posts and 2144 reactions, that's a high ratio. Obviously you're appealing to the masses, will need to monitor your input more closely.
Congrats.

I'm not sure it's that simple? If we are urging Brooks (among other players) to pitch an improved environment to Moses in the knowledge that he has declared his interest in reuniting with Brooks because he has played his best football with him, then isn't it on the club to show some proof of their intentions. If they were to walk away or show the slightest disinterest, then I'm suggesting this is what could be causing a delay? That and the issue of 23. Thats all I'm saying. I think Brooks and Moses still have the same manager, don't they?
Brooks played his best football under Ivan Cleary.

His worst football was the Moses + Brooks Partnership. Although 2022 may have disproven that. The word "turnstyle" was used frequently, and they were often compared to a swimming pool gate (unsure why, those gates usually wacked me in the Gonads and were hard to get through)

It seemed their personalities did not gel well together. They sucked and the biggest issue was defence, yet both have improved in this.

Nope.

The club was "switched on" to it at the time. The problem was the club wasn't switched on to it that the 3 players, Tedesco, Moses and Brooks had their contracts coming up at the same time. Sharon then wanted to "stay"* and signed with the same manager.

*whatever you make of that.

1, Clubs like ours ususally don't have the luxury to hold players back due to depth issues.
2. A young halfback introduced into a stronger side with strong forwards has a distinct advantage over those in weaker teams.

What’s happened to lodge is he signed for the roooters or is he still looking ?????
I wouldn't say no to Lodge at the right price.

I don't see why other clubs should get to sign him just because his shocking behaviour was at our club. IMHO it should be the other way around, the bad behaving player gets locked to a club, not allowed to break contracts and negotiate for more money.

Brooks played his best football under Ivan Cleary.

His worst football was the Moses + Brooks Partnership. Although 2022 may have disproven that. The word "turnstyle" was used frequently, and they were often compared to a swimming pool gate (unsure why, those gates usually wacked me in the Gonads and were hard to get through)

It seemed their personalities did not gel well together. They sucked and the biggest issue was defence, yet both have improved in this.
Maybe it was " a phase they were going through" coz traditionally they had been super together.
Ivan did bring out the best in Brooks, whether it was a personal project or the type of football we played.
I'm prepared to see if it works again playing Sheensball !

I wouldn't say no to Lodge at the right price.

I don't see why other clubs should get to sign him just because his shocking behaviour was at our club. IMHO it should be the other way around, the bad behaving player gets locked to a club, not allowed to break contracts and negotiate for more money.
Don't we have enough forwards now ? Doubt he would be on our radar.

Latest posts

Back