Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Parramatta still have every chance of being there at the pointy end this season. They have lost Papali'i and Mahoney of note. If they correct for those losses (difficult, no doubt), they still have the forward pack, the halves and a squad at large to trouble most of the competition on their day. Hodgson has every chance of substituting for Mahoney, with Ice being the more difficult edge threat to replace.

Whilst I agree they're on the slide, I think this year they can still be thereabouts, particularly if they play to their strengths once more.

...... in my opinion.
yep easier to maintain a level of competitiveness than to climb out of a 10year finals drought.

If we get Moses I'm not worried about Laurie or our fullback position

Laurie can play and has that natural talent to exceed in this league - the thing with him he doesn't seem the player to lift a team on his own and that's okay we aren't paying him big $ to do that

However, he may be the type of player to flourish under a new attacking approach with Sheens/Benji playing behind our pack with Api, Moses and Brooks taking the reigns

Still think we need a strike centre though, but we do have some prospects in that position - the idea of Staines taking his spot confuses me a little

Parramatta still have every chance of being there at the pointy end this season. They have lost Papali'i and Mahoney of note. If they correct for those losses (difficult, no doubt), they still have the forward pack, the halves and a squad at large to trouble most of the competition on their day. Hodgson has every chance of substituting for Mahoney, with Ice being the more difficult edge threat to replace.

Whilst I agree they're on the slide, I think this year they can still be thereabouts, particularly if they play to their strengths once more.

...... in my opinion.
Yeah but I was just going off my entrenched bias against Parramatta rather than reasoned analysis.

heard nothing since last Tuesday, no feedback after Thursday meeting. Confidence levels still high he will be a tiger
Saw Dylan Brown on FOX just now saying he was confident Moses would stay at Parra

How about we get Moses here for 2024 before speculating for a 2023 swap.
On Joffa, we are fortunate to retain him as a Tiger after the crap he has been through with Brisbane and us over the last few years. I predict he'll be playing for QLD again this year

...... in my opinion.

How about we get Moses here for 2024 before speculating for a 2023 swap.
On Joffa, we are fortunate to retain him as a Tiger after the crap he has been through with Brisbane and us over the last few years. I predict he'll be playing for QLD again this year
That would be a shame because it means I will have to boo him.

I agree that he's not coming this year. But completely disagree Parra has any chance of going all the way, they are done for the next 5 years now. We are rising right as they are fading.
Theyl still be top 6 so will have a chance. A chance that Parra knows only if Mitchell is there

Have you heard whether a meeting did actually take place on Thursday at the least?
Not sure mate I am catching up for a beer with the player manager this Thursday so can ask but he may not know. He didn't know about thursday meeting when I spoke to him last Tuesday all he told me was our deal was 300k more than Parramatta.

Not sure mate I am catching up for a beer with the player manager this Thursday so can ask but he may not know. He didn't know about thursday meeting when I spoke to him last Tuesday all he told me was our deal was 300k more than Parramatta.
Ahh ok, keep us posted, as you always do.

To be fair too both clubs this is bullshit , he has all the offers with his manager , so is he just grandstanding now because if we are $300,000 more than slimmmy eels and a extra year what the hell is he waiting for , or he just trying to squeeze that extra year out of the eels .

Latest posts

Staff online

Back