Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

MITCHELL WATCH DAY 266
LOG NUMBER 189

The days are getting longer there is nothing on the horizon infighting has started just who is the best halfback going forward who can lead

Counting the days to season proper is getting hard people are dropping like fly's just what will we do when all hope is lost or if he signs elsewhere there is talk of mutiny

MITCHELL WATCH DAY 266
LOG NUMBER 189

The days are getting longer there is nothing on the horizon infighting has started just who is the best halfback going forward who can lead

Counting the days to season proper is getting hard people are dropping like fly's just what will we do when all hope is lost or if he signs elsewhere there is talk of mutiny
Odessa, with the nitpicking, etc going on now is any example of the future, when the comp starts. the Forum will be as ugly as the war in the Ukraine.

I left the trial just before the last quarter and returned 5 mins into the Jersey Flegg game. Maybe I missed him but I didn't see Him there. As I said hopefully I'm wrong and miss heard the info because I really rate the kid as a player.
@BinChicken do you have any intel from the Jersey Flegg trial? Any standouts?

I wonder how valuable Parramatta see him also.
I mean there are times where it looks like he keeps Dylan Brown quiet and maybe they might be happier having a half that can let Brown play more of the field.
Make no mistake, parra want him.

They can't match our offer without under the table payments

No idea how you can play the mental health card when it doesn't effect you who you play for in the same city. If he went to Qld or interstate then sure. But saying mental health is rubbish and is disrespectful to people who are having mental issues.

He can mow the lawn.

They should have prioritised Moses
over Brown. Parra really dropped the
ball on this one by giving us a sniff

It would be disappointing as KK has immense attacking ability (big, powerful, ball skills, even short kicking) but we do have a plethora of experienced backrowers & ones coming through even younger than Tumeth & Mansfield (possibly Galvin & Solo Saukuru move to backrow) not forgetting the potential of Tommy Talau to move there.

If he wants an early exit, simple exchange with Bulldogs dev player in 5/8 Joseph O'Neill (ex Westfields who Wayne Lambkin would know well) would do nicely.
Creedance Tioa or Joash Papaili.
Cant see either playing fullback now that they recruited Stephen Critchton.

So he'll torpedo his client (also his nephew,) getting an extra $300K a season over 4 years (of which he would get his pound of flesh in commission,) because another client doesn't get a deal at the same time.
Ultimately Mitchell has the final say, like it or not Brooks is the big carrot being dangled in the end outcome

I'm amazed at some of the rhetoric aimed at Brooks. I'm actually entirely on the other side. I applaud his loyalty to stick by a club that has been an absolute shambles the past few years. Bad coaching, no quality players, and crappy facilities. etc.

I can see the quality player he is. The club needs to take responsibility for the completely different trajectories of his and mitches career. Sheens can see the quality, Benji can, and that should be all we need.

In my opinion, we owe it to him to give him a decent side. Not the other way around. I'm chuffed he'll extend along with Mitch. I can almost smell the finals!

In my opinion, we owe it to him to give him a decent side. Not the other way around. I'm chuffed he'll extend along with Mitch. I can almost smell the finals!

I have a massive problem with giving him that contract on the basis of Mitchell Moses signing with the club rather than his own performances.

It boggles my brain how bad that sounds.

If he was getting a contract due to earning that contract so be it.

Long-time lurker first-time poster.

I don't normally get goss but I got some juice I thought I'd share.

kitione kautoga won't be at the club in 2024 and if he gets his way he'll be out the door this year. Hope I'm wrong because I rate this kid big time.

Eels made another offer for Moses but it's still less than ours. Everything the Pom mentioned is 100% spot on. The club is confident and his manager and brother are pushing for him to take the Tigers offer.

Two kids you'll be hearing more of over the years are Michael Nassar and Lachlan Galvin. The club has big wraps on both players.
Welcome, great name

Fingers crossed 🤞

Does anyone know much about Luke keppie? A bloke from my works son is good mates with him he reckons he’s a real talent. But I wasn’t sure if it was sort of just like it’s someone I know so I’ll make them sound better then they are type thing

I'm amazed at some of the rhetoric aimed at Brooks. I'm actually entirely on the other side. I applaud his loyalty to stick by a club that has been an absolute shambles the past few years. Bad coaching, no quality players, and crappy facilities. etc.

I can see the quality player he is. The club needs to take responsibility for the completely different trajectories of his and mitches career. Sheens can see the quality, Benji can, and that should be all we need.

We owe it to him?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Now I've heard everything.🙄

Depends on what I Moses is demanding on behalf of Brooks . Yep he has had to endure some rubbish years but he hasn't done it for nothing. He himself quoted that he was going to be "selfish" with his next contract and under the circumstances he is no better place than to do that - not based his performances ike most - but that of his best mate.

No idea how you can play the mental health card when it doesn't effect you who you play for in the same city. If he went to Qld or interstate then sure. But saying mental health is rubbish and is disrespectful to people who are having mental issues.

He can mow the lawn.
The players should be careful doing that, a club might call their bluff and sideline them until they're satisfied of their stable mental state after sending the players to numerous psychiatrists and psychologists over a period of time for their mental well being.

Latest posts

Back