Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Tigers sign young Bulldogs halfback​

Iverson will join the club effective immediately.​

The Wests Tigers have made a new signing, bringing in talented halfback Iverson Matai from the Canterbury Bulldogs.

A member of the Bulldogs Academy, Matai was granted an NRL Development contract with the Dogs whilst playing in their SG Ball side.

A promising halfback, Matai was awarded the Sydney East Blue in 2021 for excellence, leadership and values in the sport of rugby league during his last year at Endeavour Sports High Score.

The award is considered the highest individual sporting honour in the Sydney East region.

A cool head with the ball in his hands, Matai has shown his poised kicking game and great passing ability throughout the SG Ball competition.

Although they have been no official word on him joining the Tigers, he has been named on the interchange for the Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg team this weekend.

Competing against the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Mascot Oval on Saturday, Tigers fans will get their first look at what may be the club's future halfback.
“Saucin Saucin “

Is this the same guy who left the tigers over 10 year ago and was sacked by manly cause he was hitting sponsors up about his own finances? Yea wow I’m really cut up that he has a grudge against the tigers. that’s incredible puts his own grudges ahead of his sons future. I think that’s a text book narcissist.
The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, his father got caught with his fingers in the cookie jar.

Levi was a very good player in his age group, an age group that was quite strong and competitive. I always thought highly of Levi.

Alex was a standout in a stacked team in a weak comp. However he did play up in age, once 2 years up and performed strongly.

I do believe your right that Alex is the better prospect, but he has had it easy so far. Playing in an easy comp in a side that just kept getting stacked and beating teams 50 nil every week. That can't be good for development.

It will be interesting to see how he develops.
Alex played in a Harold Matts side this year that was pretty average and consistently led it to victory in high pressure moments. kid’s a gem.

Is this the same guy who left the tigers over 10 year ago and was sacked by manly cause he was hitting sponsors up about his own finances? Yea wow I’m really cut up that he has a grudge against the tigers. that’s incredible puts his own grudges ahead of his sons future. I think that’s a text book narcissist.
A rotten apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
His old man was a crook and sounds like the son has the same genes.

How can you say Johnson is Worse then Brooks.

Cronulla got into the top 8 with Johnson.
Johnson has representated New Zealand.
Now, maybe. Yet were talking about a player who has played a stack of games.

Career wise, overall. Johnson is far greater then Brooks and will enjoy his highlight reel. Johnson could teach the team a thing or two and build juniors. Juniors are learning nothing from Brooks. ...

Ofcourse Marshall is meant to teach the team a thing or two.
Yet only one of them hold the prestigious dally m halfback of the year for 1 year running.
/s

A rotten apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
His old man was a crook and sounds like the son has the same genes.
I also played with Steve at Leichhardt Coaching Class until under 12's, then again u23's. He ended up playing a bit of first grade, tall lanky fullback. I forget who it was but someone hit him with a classic coathanger at Leichhardt Oval and spread his nose right across his face. He was a good style of a bloke too. I saw him a few years later and the doctors had done a beautiful job of fixing it, probably better than it was before. Had to pay for it somehow....

If Matai was any good the Dogs would not have paid $500k for Oloapu or let him go…I’m not excited by this…especially if we let James go….
Spot on..hes surplus to requiements in the eyes of Gould,who makes these decisins..and who'se judgement is sound but not perfect
Another contender for 7,but dnt bank him!

Rooster are a basket case seriously they suck it’s so good to see. with there roster they shouldn’t lose a game
Robinson is a myth in my opinion. Has been gifted the best roster, at the richest club and has constantly has his pickings of recruits for the last 10 years.

The talk of him being on the level of Bellamy or Bennett is hilarious.

Roosters are due a slide.

If they can't find a halfback by the time they lose teddy and JWH, they're in trouble.

Latest posts

Back