Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The Tele. https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/c3486f3a4b02adf8c541173cb376db75

"Like Suaalii, Tupou has a rugby union background. He played in the Brumbies pathways and was selected in the junior Wallabies squad.

Recently, the softly spoken powerhouse outside back was asked if he would consider switching codes after news of Suaalii’s monster deal, and indicated would consider it if Rugby Australia came knocking.

Tupou, who has been a shining light for the Tigers, is making a name for himself as a metre-eating, tackle-busting outside back."

:) it never ends.
Anything worse when the club develops someone and they leave.

Get it done

I don't hate the idea of signing Frizell and imo he's still got some good years in him, but why not commit to Matamua and Blore - both young and plenty talented.

Matamua in 13, Blore on the bench. Blore can then come on for Matamua and defend in the middle and attack on an edge while Bateman goes into the 13 in attack and plays as a 3rd half.

Gives us versatility without necessarily sacrificing much in the way of defence and go forward.
Competition for spots makes a strong club. Players need to earn the right to make the 17

Parra have seemingly done well with these two but their cap situation is terrible, they have committed BIG dollars and years to 5 players, 2 of which are props.
They are desperately trying to find a way to extend their prem window but do either of these blokes achieve that? I don't know.
Does Tracey shift Gutho from FB to centre? Or does Tracey slot into centre for Blake? Is that the best use of his talents?
Does Joffa play 13 in their best 17? Or is he purely cover for their diminished front row stocks? They have RCG, Paulo, Matterson, Lane, Hopgood, Cartwright, all on decent enough coin all vying for a starting spot. Joffa just adds another decent 1st grader on better than decent money to that list.
I just don't know that I would be loving these pickups if I was a slimeys fan.
Chasing a fast closing premiership window

Reactions: 851
I note we are still last and have been heading south for eight years (Pascoe’s reign of misery). Why would my opinion change? As I mentioned we’ve had so many mini revivals before I’m not getting excited (yet).

You don’t release a good player unless you have a suitable replacement in play. I suspect we hired Fulton to try and get Schuster and that failed too. Typical Tigers stuff!
What's really concerning is if Fulton and Sheens/Benji don't see eye to eye on recruitment given the two dunderheads brought Fulton over without any consultation and moved Sheens man from his role. Benji/ Sheens only extended Joe O at the end of last season we get a new head of recruitment and he is out the door half a season later.
For two not supposedly involved in football matters I would say that move suggests otherwise.

We will find out later what has happened , Joe will give his side , I predict he was shopped around and moved on

We will find out later what has happened , Joe will give his side , I predict he was shopped around and moved on
All when the new head of recruitment arrived. Hard to believe Sheens and Benji sign a bloke in September till 2025 and shop him around less than a season later. If they did you would have to question their judgement.

You go round and round with the same stuff so much you end up arguing with yourself…..

You note were coming last and then complain we released a bench player that openly admits he wasn’t fit enough, or playing well enough to start the year…

What exactly is your point - isn’t he one of the reasons we are where we are on the ladder?
What’s it matter to you?

You’ll take any reason you get to polish your boots on the admin.
I think the reason he was not fit at the start of the season was because he was in the rehab group and got no off season training. Once his fitness improved so did his game.

What's really concerning is if Fulton and Sheens/Benji don't see eye to eye on recruitment given the two dunderheads brought Fulton over without any consultation and moved Sheens man from his role. Benji/ Sheens only extended Joe O at the end of last season we get a new head of recruitment and he is out the door half a season later.
For two not supposedly involved in football matters I would say that move suggests otherwise.
That’s the way I read it too. Always felt like the board (including CEO & Chair) behave more like windsocks than decisive long term strategists.

You don’t release a good player unless you have a suitable replacement in play.
Klemmer replaced him, Took his position in the squad and on the field...
Doing a more than decent job, That's an upgrade....

It was always going to be Twal or Joe...
I'd prefer Joe to stay - But Twal got the nod it seems...
(Joe probably easier to sell, Been around for less time all factors)

No 1st 17 in the comp would carry both, I have no problem that we're not either.

Schuster has come out and declared he’s going to be the best player in the world. That’s up there with Pascoe calling WT a destination club 🤣😂🤣
That’s enough for us to move on last years best player for the new world champ. 😂

Given our struggles to land quality players, it's a risky move to release one of those we already have. We already had $1.4M to offer Moses so we must have a massive amount of cash unused for 2024 and beyond.

If Stefano gets picked for origin and we lose Klemmer or Pole to injury we're in deep trouble which is the exact situation Parra are in.

All when the new head of recruitment arrived. Hard to believe Sheens and Benji sign a bloke in September till 2025 and shop him around less than a season later. If they did you would have to question their judgement.
Their judgement is being questioned on here all the time, if it's not them it's someone in management or the board.

It's as if one hand doesn't know what the other one is doing.

I think a lot of you struggle with comprehension. Lee never said Joffa wouldn't be going anywhere, just that he had not been given a release last week, and still had not been given a release (as of 9am). What he said was true...

But still we should never be releasing an important player for our squad until we have the replacement lined up. Whomever we're planning to sign has to have agreed to terms first and then you do the official stuff and make announcements. If we released Joffa only to then go shopping it would be a calamitous example of unprofessionalism. You don't weaken your squad and strengthen your opponents, you release when it is in our best interests to do so.
Don't bring truth in to the argument. However i think the board should be telling Lee H to cut his ties with SEN. The guy just cannot keep his mouth shut about goings on in the club.

Klemmer replaced him, Took his position in the squad and on the field...
Doing a more than decent job, That's an upgrade....

It was always going to be Twal or Joe...
I'd prefer Joe to stay - But Twal got the nod it seems...
(Joe probably easier to sell, Been around for less time all factors)

No 1st 17 in the comp would carry both, I have no problem that we're not either.
Yeah your right. They are both similar. I feel that Twal has upped his game alot this year though. Lot faster and runs angles more.

Interesting times.

Latest posts

Back