Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Word came in tonight, Hunt and Tigers are “talking”….nothing else at this stage…
Hunt makes sense, he is requesting an immediate release and reportedly offering 150K to let him go. Tigers have an immediate need for a half / hooker and we have plenty of money.

Surely there is more happening in player negotiations than picking up a fringe half from another club and offering Brooks market rates.

Hunt makes sense, he is requesting an immediate release and reportedly offering 150K to let him go. Tigers have an immediate need for a half / hooker and we have plenty of money.

Surely there is more happening in player negotiations than picking up a fringe half from another club and offering Brooks market rates.
Was interesting listening on Matty John’s podcast. Cronks opinion if it were him he’d sign on unders with a contender this remaining season, get a ring then load up on the next contract somewhere to set his family up after footy. (Paraphrasing). Id like to think we’re a chance for 2024 thereafter.

Yes, but if we are picking him up for firsts his salary expectation is probably too high and limits us going after a Ben Hunt. If we are selling him as our backup and paying him like it, fine.
or pay him 2nd tier,and tell him how he;s trained the house down,your starting

Cogger isn't Thurston- that's a given.

But this is the kind of signing that, if we get our recruitment right, offers a good quality kicking game, nearly 50 1st grade NRL games of experience, 2 years leading Huddersfield as well. The Tigers have played without direction for years. Then Hastings comes along & we nearly have heart attacks at 'how great he is'.

Cogger is that kind of level, but has a better kicking game.

If you can pair him with someone dynamic, it's a servicable mix- like Townsend/Dearden.

Schneider has had a smattering of 1st grade games. Good defensive style & a goalkicker. A little slow. But only 23. He's probably not the guy I'd chase, but if Ricky Stuart & Sheens have talked & see a future for him- he could be that Fogarty level halfback probably at best.

Schneider, Cogger & Wakeham will need someone dynamic at 5/8 in order to really excel. This COULD be setting things up for the return of Duoeihi...

Cogger isn't Thurston- that's a given.

But this is the kind of signing that, if we get our recruitment right, offers a good quality kicking game, nearly 50 1st grade NRL games of experience, 2 years leading Huddersfield as well. The Tigers have played without direction for years. Then Hastings comes along & we nearly have heart attacks at 'how great he is'.

Cogger is that kind of level, but has a better kicking game.

If you can pair him with someone dynamic, it's a servicable mix- like Townsend/Dearden.

Schneider has had a smattering of 1st grade games. Good defensive style & a goalkicker. A little slow. But only 23. He's probably not the guy I'd chase, but if Ricky Stuart & Sheens have talked & see a future for him- he could be that Fogarty level halfback probably at best.

Schneider, Cogger & Wakeham will need someone dynamic at 5/8 in order to really excel. This COULD be setting things up for the return of Duoeihi...
Dynamic hmm.
A combination of Cogger and Asi would be a decent option and get us competitive for a number of years with growth on our side.

I have a feeling we have a TPJ like situation where he signs with Roosters or Dogs for the remainder of the year... and then Titans next year and onwards.

We aren't in the conversation.
Yup, bang on.

My money is on the Roosters, better chance at a premiership.

Feel like Lodge will go the other way, think he's already been released.

Have we gone away from plan A, which was to have an experienced half around 28-32 to replace Brooks, while we wait for our kids to grow over the next 3-5 years?
Plan B, I assume is, find a half of any age who is unwanted at his club and make an offer too good to pass up? We only have $550k for a 7 though?

Ne

Neither of them in a natural organising half, I know that's what they've earmarked Burton for but I don't think he's up to it. Personally think he should be in the centres all he has is a bomb.
Burton is a massive fraud as is the coach Ciro.

Trying to turn him into a 7.
Ridiculous.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back