Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Cogger is okay but everyone looks good in that Penrith 7 jersey imo - need more of a sample size.

If worst comes to worst, I'd look at giving Pearce a 1-year deal from next year as he's open to coming in 2024 he only ruled us out to break his contract and come this year. He's a premiership winner, SOS rep, and has played over 300 games. Probably the most experienced 7 available and has looked good in the SL.

With Api, Bula, and Fainu we don't need a game-breaking 7 just someone who can steer us around.
I just can't see him going anywhere but the Roosters @teddy23 . He strikes me as a guy that won't want the pressure of coming to the Tigers and may want to stay in the books of Politis for a coaching gig post-playing (even if he just plays off their bench for a year).

I think the debut of Bula and in particular Tallyn really highlights those opportunities to other youngsters. Latu is by far and away the best player in the age group, yet another has already debuted before him while he sits behind someone who refuses to run the ball despite being 100kg.
I think you will find if Api didnā€™t break his jaw Tallyn would not have debuted till probably next season

I think you will find if Api didnā€™t break his jaw Tallyn would not have debuted till probably next season

You could be right, but I think I'm right in saying he would have debuted at some stage this year. No way of knowing who is right on this one brother, but it's my view Simpkin would have sat out at least one game to give the kid a taste leading into next year's preseason.

I agree.
He was put in through necessity.
Hopefully they continue to manage his game time as he is as green as it gets.

Sheens said on the ā€œJames Graham podcastā€ that he will be head coach in 24, then step back into head of football for 25.
Then he and his wife are heading back to England to enjoy retirement as they both have English citizenship.
Could Sheens then coach the English side?

I just think it would be a hell of a milestone. Australian coach and then English coach...

Okay I just want to see my side win a game once this year and being a WT and Blues fan I am having no luck. With Sheens coaching England I see the Australian side guaranteed a win.

So does anyone know if Latu Fainu rumour is actually true or just going off Chammas article ?
I suppose we will know by 4pm tomorrow when teams are named.
I don't want to get too excited yet as been disappointed before but the prospect of Bula, TDS and him as our future spine is exciting.

With Hunt reportedly going to Titans next year (would love to have him here) do we go for Sexton?

9. Api/TDS
7. Sexton
6. Fainu
1. Bula

Or do we need an experienced head to guide us for a few years?

Hey just quietly, is it just me or does anyone else get warm and fuzzy watching the roosters failing - especially Tedesco. I know I do. Mmmmā€¦
It is a momentary feeling because we all know the Roosters will be back. The Dragons are under siege to let Hunt go. Extrapolate that with Tedesco and a sharp decline in his ability. The Roosters will be looking for a successor especially after the loss of the wonderkid to the Wallabies. Can you get homesick playing for one Sydney club but want to play for another Sydney club? We'll see.

With Hunt reportedly going to Titans next year (would love to have him here) do we go for Sexton?

9. Api/TDS
7. Sexton
6. Fainu
1. Bula

Or do we need an experienced head to guide us for a few years?
I don't mind the idea of Sexton but if they get Hunt I would go for Boyd. He can kick goals, good kicking in general play and will get you a guaranteed penalty every game when he flops when someone hits him after kicking the ball..

If we do get Fainu, I hope we play him at 6 and donā€™t try and turn him into a game managing halfback. Everything Iā€™ve seen from him screams X factor and runner.
Please yes. He is a 6 or even a X factor center.

But knowing the WT, he will become a Number 9. We need to have at least 5 hookers ready to go before we even think of a halfback.

Latest posts

Members online

Back