Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Can wests tigers please explain the following:
1) get rid of Hastings
2) buy Brandon Wakeham
3) punt brooks
They didn't punt Brooks, he chose to leave for more money and a longer contract. Nothing wrong with that.

The pieces are still in play. Not sure why the expectation is that we would announce something just because Manly did. Chances are we are trying to recruit a few pieces of the puzzle and will not announce it until we as a club are ready to.

If I were WT accountant. Because everyone was saying Brooks worth $500/yr. I would have taken full advantage. Officially that would have been his contract amount. Great for salary cap and more $ for other purchases. Then paid him what he was worth in the 2nd set of books. Roosters/Bulldogs/Storm/Broncos etc would have taken full advantage. But no not WT. all by the book, only recruits good blokes. All resulting in a bottom 4 side. It’s win at all costs, kill or be killed so to speak!

If it was chess, we lost the Queen (Munster), Rook (Moses& Johnson), bishops (Hunt & Pearce), Knight (Brooks & Hastings) and are now looking to get more pawns in the shape of Madden, Sezer, Wakeham.

Not sure who the king is but we are up shit creek.

Checkmate!!!

At club level he was a better halfback.
At International level he played 12 Tests as a hooker winning them all, 12 Tests at halfback only winning 9.
At Origin level he played 7 games at hooker winning 6 and 19 games at halfback winning only 8
Great club halfback, ordinary rep halfback.
I almost appreciate this level of trolling. Outstanding stuff

Now we have a Manly insider who suggested Shuster who clocks off during games for long periods and whos interest is it when I hear figures like $1.2 mill per season being talked about
Good on Benji saying he doesn't want .
Yes good on Benji, A player like Shuster can come into the equation but not at 1.2m and not now. When we break the 8 and have a shot then you risk such a player. 100% not rebuild.
The fact that Fulton was appointed without telling the coaches till it happened smells " factions " " politics "
It smells of us coming 17th.
I have zero problem with the WT going "hey Sheens, you have Fluffed your first 6 months. You don't deliver, you don't get your side".

Haslier was fired from Manly, for coming 14th when Shulster and Marketing had a conflict over a rainbow.

It’s definitely humorous if you are still saying Luke Brooks is a dud.
Nearly all the ex players who now work for Fox Sports or Channel 9 regularly comment on how Luke Brooks is not the problem for Wests Tigers, Wests Tigers with their did playing rosters have always been the problem for Luke Brooks.
Anyway he’ll have the last laugh when playing regular finals football at Manly.

Api is the big out not Brooks, and the cowboys are a far different team than the one we smacked, evidenced by them smashing souths yesterday, so you are comparing apples and oranges
I’ve never heard of a guy who has every excuse in the book for not leading a team to finals when he has been the highest paid player on our team stealing a $1milljon a year from us. He is the major reason we haven’t played finals in his time here.

I get the feeling we are being gutted , Now we have a Manly insider who suggested Shuster who clocks off during games for long periods and whos interest is it when I hear figures like $1.2 mill per season being talked about
Good on Benji saying he doesn't want . The fact that Fulton was appointed without telling the coaches till it happened smells " factions " " politics "
Same old Same old BS . What on earth are we doing for a 6 and 7 going forward? . Lee and Justin you had a team that put 66 pts on the Cowboys WITH all their origin stars and now we struggle to put a competitive team on the field
Well Done !!!
What you are feeling is a good thing.
It is the great Cull of the Fringe Grader!

Sheens and Benji are freeing up cap space and they are doing that for a reason. They want big money to target big names.

Which is exactly what we should be doing.

I would aggressive and throw $2.7m 3 yrs or there abouts to Tanah Boyd!!! And if we get Fainu then we have a nice spine for the next fees years! Need to aim for next year. Not 3 years down the tracks, we will lose some of the pack that is firing now. Anyway am sick of a 3-5 yr plan. And while we are at it get another centre and winger.
Haha I actually think Boyd's got some potential but 900k a year is absurd for him.

If the Dragons do eventually release Hunt to the Titans, I think we could bring him down on a reasonable deal. Maybe 3 years for 1.2-1.5mil.

There is no doubt Luke has stolen a living from this club masquerading as a halfback.
Not all his fault, the club is far more responsible.
He has had a go most of the time (it’s not true to say he always did), but his inability to transform junior success to first grade has been laid bare for all to see.
He has played a major role in our decade of incompetence and for that I say good riddance and thanks for nothing.

Having said all that, he is a good guy and I’m glad he’s found somewhere to keep earning for his young family. Those who have been shouting that no one wants him have been proven wrong and how…huge deal for him. Congrats.

Now for more important matters, who the hell is going to replace him? We are seriously, seriously in the shit now, having lost our third NRL level halfback in a year with only a reserve grader hired to replace them so far.
Bloody incompetence…

Pascoe is overseas trying to sign Yevgheny Prighozin as a club chef / motivation manager… he is now unemployed and would seem extremely motivated for a change in scenery and careers

If we do manage to sign him i would only use him to talk to the referee before the game and to highlight areas that the referee needs to work on in the second half.I am sure it would pay dividends immediately

There is no doubt Luke has stolen a living from this club masquerading as a halfback.
Not all his fault, the club is far more responsible.
He has had a go most of the time (it’s not true to say he always did), but his inability to transform junior success to first grade has been laid bare for all to see.
He has played a major role in our decade of incompetence and for that I say good riddance and thanks for nothing.

Having said all that, he is a good guy and I’m glad he’s found somewhere to keep earning for his young family. Those who have been shouting that no one wants him have been proven wrong and how…huge deal for him. Congrats.

Now for more important matters, who the hell is going to replace him? We are seriously, seriously in the shit now, having lost our third NRL level halfback in a year with only a reserve grader hired to replace them so far.
Bloody incompetence…

Sheens will probably try and talk Braith Anasta out of retirement

I almost appreciate this level of trolling. Outstanding stuff
…and he is a drug addict, and a liar, and an alcoholic, and a petulant sore loser who is destroying his relationship with his brother because he can’t stand that Mathew has the better footy mind, and an arrogant misogynist who wouldn’t work with a female journo because he is extremely unprofessional, and he is terrible on camera stumbling over his words like an illiterate monkey….and he is a racist.

The trolls are the morons who made a halfback who lead a State of Origin series with a squad full to the brim with internationals to an historic 3-0 loss against Fatty’s part timers, an immortal. That’s embarrassing.

Some of you seem to know more about player talent than all the ex players who now work on Fox Sports and Channel 9 who unanimously say Luke Brooks is a quality player and will be a big loss.
I’m optimistic we can get someone like Braydon Trindall, but if we don’t get a decent quality 7 we are in far bigger trouble than many of you would like to admit.
Why? We have Brooks and have come last and are sitting second last now. I don't see him being a permanent part of our 6 and 7 being something which will win us... more games? I don't understand what team you've been watching for 11 years.

Some of you seem to know more about player talent than all the ex players who now work on Fox Sports and Channel 9 who unanimously say Luke Brooks is a quality player and will be a big loss.
I’m optimistic we can get someone like Braydon Trindall, but if we don’t get a decent quality 7 we are in far bigger trouble than many of you would like to admit.
Even when we have Brooks we have no decent quality 7's in the club... I don't understand

Absolute potshot, but does anyone think with Brooks to manly we might get Brad Arthurcoming our way? He signed on with manly until 2024 a couple of months ago but they now have

DCE, Brooks, Schuster, Arthur, Cooper Johns, Fainu & Humphreys to cover the halves

4th and 5th pick is a lot lower in the totem pole than I would imagine.

I’d take both Brad Arthur and Cooper John’s over Wakeham.

Hunt, Pearce or even Townsend seems like a miracle now.

Back