Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Dont know if correct with this stat,

But here is something ive noticed, when we kick off in last Saturday nights game, every kick went to the same place,
NQL RIGHT WING

I only remember our kicker kicking to the same place every time.

To NQL right wing, I do not recollect us changing our kick off once, so if what I viewed was right, we had 14 kick offs and every one of them was the same kick to the same place

What ever happened to changing your kickoffs,
Like an occasional short one, like putting ball on ground on its belly and drilling it straight at an opposition player along the ground to try and force an error, ????
That would take someone with something between their ears to actually try something different.
We don’t seem to have a player with a few brain cells.

The issue is we shouldn't even be considering putting Galvin in the top 30 next season. He's got the same frame as Seyfarth, only he's about 20 kgs lighter. He's not ready for first grade and one off season won't be enough.
He should be on a development contract for next season, progressing to the NRL the following year. He should be wanting this too, he's not ready to get thrown to the wolves in the NRL, and there's no need to rush him. The best thing for his development would be playing flegg and NSW cup next season. I highly doubt other clubs would offer him an NRL contract for next season. He's a beanpole.

Every member of the top 30 should be able to contribute to the top 17 if called upon. Most should have proven themselves in the NRL or at least at NSW/QLD/UK level to get an NRL contract, you can have 1-2 young guns signed only on potential in the top 30, but you need to cherry pick them.

The likes of Faagatu, Laulilii (both), S Saukuru, Miller would all be more likely to play first grade next year than Galvin. TDS already has this year due to injury and lack of depth. We can't fit all these kids on nrl deals straight away.
I rate Galvin highly, i just hope we haven't wasted a precious top 30 spot on a player highly unlikely to play first grade. We don't have the quality in our 17 to have players like him as backups...
Maybe there was more upside with keeping Brooks at the Tiger's and Sheen's was looking long term and the others are just trying to plug the holes

When you go through several coaches can only sweep the mess under the rug for so long.

I whole magpie v tiger will never go away until they hire people who don't care about magpie or tigers.

I think you mean Balmain and not tigers,because whoever we hire should care very much about Tigers.Weststigers and making them a success

And I don't think Galvin will play first grade next year maybe get a taste 25 Play 26 he is only 17 a baby and and hopefully in 27/28 try to earn a Start every week

Hi don't know why everyone saying wear a basket case I think they should be a having a look at the doggies they have the so be super coach phill Gould and the mega million roster and there no better than us so maybe the media should be giving them a bit of shit and laying off us for a while
Ever wonder how we always get compared to other teams who are going shit. We never get compared to top 8 sides.

Latest posts

Members online

Back