Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I think these kids are smart enough to see they are effectively in year one of an apprenticeship. Sanders is under the mentorship of a NZL international and the current NSW halfback. We can’t offer the same education. Yes we have Benji and Robbie but they’re no longer on the tools.
Yes, but we have management and a board that are a bunch of tools.

If Sheens really is kicking up a stink due to McDonnell getting replaced then he needs to swallow a can of harden the f up. He had a D grade recruitment manager, then management was able to replace him with a B grade recruitment manager. It's a win for all involved (other then McDonnell).
Fulton's job is to find targets for the club, work with the coaches on which players should be targeted and get them over the line. He's not there to dictate who the club must and mustn't sign.

If Sheens is moping then he needs to act now professionally.

Also Benji is and has always been his own man, and while he's being mentored to an extent by Sheens he's not going to alter his opinion on things just because someone else tells him to.

If Sheens really is kicking up a stink due to McDonnell getting replaced then he needs to swallow a can of harden the f up. He had a D grade recruitment manager, then management was able to replace him with a B grade recruitment manager. It's a win for all involved (other then McDonnell).
Fulton's job is to find targets for the club, work with the coaches on which players should be targeted and get them over the line. He's not there to dictate who the club must and mustn't sign.

If Sheens is moping then he needs to act now professionally.

Also Benji is and has always been his own man, and while he's being mentored to an extent by Sheens he's not going to alter his opinion on things just because someone else tells him to.

So, our recruitment issues are behind us now that Pascoe has replaced Sheens’ recruitment guy, and given his half the flick? 😂
Why does does it seem as though, that the board are backing managements idea of working against the coaching staff? Maybe the sacking of another coach will fix things?
But wait on? Is that what we’ve been doing for the last 12 years?

Personally believe the managers are a cancer to the game, if I owned the Tigers I'd make it clear to the players or any prospective players I deal with them alone, were all adults. If you need a manager to discuss things for you then imo you don't have nowhere near enough starch to put our jersey on.
Unfortunately many good players are not very bright when it comes to these matters

Wonder if they are thinking about another swap with a half like harry grant deal
Don’t think sheen’s would be a fan though
Enables you to shake the tree come November 1

He's not an improvement on Hastings and Brooks IMO. It's okay at Souths because of the rest of that spine.
Well we can’t select either of those guys next year so it’s kind of irrelevant.

Is he a better option than Brandon Wakeham? Is he better than no one?

He wouldn’t be my first choice but we are quickly running out of options.

Agree bro.. Samuela didn't take a backward
step but got dumped everytime by a rugged QLD
pack. Sanders & Fainu would be a dream come
true with all our juniors coming up. Faagutu
is an absolute dawg. The kid has got it 100
Samuelas running style is very upright atm doesn’t have the upper body bulk to get away with it , will have though

Just watching the 2 Fainus now and surely the clowns running our place can see they are both talented. I bet you we try and low ball them and miss out and that would be a massive shame.
IMO they should just get it done regardless as we have $$$ coming out our a#@ and no one that wants to come here.
I predict we highball them and still miss out.

He does have a far superior kicking and passing game to those we have here at the moment
If he went on the open market we would be the only club interested. Outside of the Souths system he is just another plodder. I haven’t seen anything from him to say he is far superior to what we have. Just my opinion but he wouldn’t improve us one bit

If he went on the open market we would be the only club interested. Outside of the Souths system he is just another plodder. I haven’t seen anything from him to say he is far superior to what we have. Just my opinion but he wouldn’t improve us one bit
Another plodder you think , how many of our halves would make the grade at Souths??

Reactions: 851
What's the latest badel article saying on Croft?

The Courier-Mail

NRL 2023 Market Watch: Wests Tigers zero in on Brodie Croft as Luke Brooks replacement​

MARKET WATCH: The Wests Tigers may have found the solution to their halfback woes. But there remains an obstacle in the way.
Peter Badel
July 14, 2023 - 11:45AM

Former Broncos playmaker Brodie Croft is open to returning to the NRL after holding talks with Benji Marshall to rescue the Wests Tigers next season.

Croft celebrated his 26th birthday on Friday and incoming Tigers coach Marshall has given the halfback an NRL gift by expressing interest in the halfback wearing the Tigers No.7 jumper for 2024 and beyond.

This masthead can reveal the Tigers can secure Croft if they pay a $150,000 transfer fee to his current club Salford in the English Super League.

The embattled Tigers are on the lookout for playmaking options following Luke Brooks’ impending departure to Manly next season and Croft is one of several names on Benji’s hitlist.

The Tigers have also discussed a potential homecoming for Jock Madden, who joined the Broncos this season after failing to unseat Brooks over the past two seasons at the joint-venture club.

Croft has signed a seven-year deal with Salford until 2030, but can activate a get-out clause to return to the NRL at the end of this season.

Croft’s manager Chris Orr confirmed the rejuvenated playmaker would not rule out an Australian resurrection at the Tigers after he was sounded out last year by a number of NRL clubs.

“Brodie will seriously consider a return to the NRL moving forward,” said Orr of PSM.

“’Crofty’ had the Titans and Dragons chasing him to return late last year, but at that stage, the timing wasn’t right.

“His running game and short-kicking game has been outstanding in the Super League and I and Brodie believe his best football is in front of him.”

Croft’s NRL career appeared over after a turbulent stint under Anthony Seibold at the Broncos.

Blooded by Storm coach Craig Bellamy as a successor to Cooper Cronk, Croft played 39 games for Melbourne before shifting to the Broncos, where he played 26 matches between 2020-21.

But after struggling with the pressures of performing at underachieving glamour club the Broncos, Croft was granted an early release to start afresh in the Super League.

The playmaker has proved a sensation in England, steering Salford to the finals last season and winning the prestigious Man of Steel going - Super League’s equivalent of the NRL’s Dally M Medal.

Croft carved up for the Red Devils, scoring seven tries, posting 25 try assists and amassing 83 tackle busts and 23 line breaks to help Salford to the finals.

Marshall believes a wiser and more mature Croft can return to the NRL to provide some direction for the strife-torn Tigers as they plan for life after Brooks.

Madden is another option. The former Australian Schoolboys ace is contracted to the Broncos for another year and while the Tigers have sounded him out, Madden’s preference is to stay at Brisbane.

The Broncos are aware of interest in Madden and have kicked-off talks on an extension to keep the 23-year-old at Red Hill until the end of 2026.

Cant believe this. Surely not, $150k behind just to get him? C'MON! These guys do this and prooves they are crazy and no good at doing business.

Back