Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He does have a far superior kicking and passing game to those we have here at the moment
If he went on the open market we would be the only club interested. Outside of the Souths system he is just another plodder. I haven’t seen anything from him to say he is far superior to what we have. Just my opinion but he wouldn’t improve us one bit

If he went on the open market we would be the only club interested. Outside of the Souths system he is just another plodder. I haven’t seen anything from him to say he is far superior to what we have. Just my opinion but he wouldn’t improve us one bit
Another plodder you think , how many of our halves would make the grade at Souths??

Reactions: 851
What's the latest badel article saying on Croft?

The Courier-Mail

NRL 2023 Market Watch: Wests Tigers zero in on Brodie Croft as Luke Brooks replacement​

MARKET WATCH: The Wests Tigers may have found the solution to their halfback woes. But there remains an obstacle in the way.
Peter Badel
July 14, 2023 - 11:45AM

Former Broncos playmaker Brodie Croft is open to returning to the NRL after holding talks with Benji Marshall to rescue the Wests Tigers next season.

Croft celebrated his 26th birthday on Friday and incoming Tigers coach Marshall has given the halfback an NRL gift by expressing interest in the halfback wearing the Tigers No.7 jumper for 2024 and beyond.

This masthead can reveal the Tigers can secure Croft if they pay a $150,000 transfer fee to his current club Salford in the English Super League.

The embattled Tigers are on the lookout for playmaking options following Luke Brooks’ impending departure to Manly next season and Croft is one of several names on Benji’s hitlist.

The Tigers have also discussed a potential homecoming for Jock Madden, who joined the Broncos this season after failing to unseat Brooks over the past two seasons at the joint-venture club.

Croft has signed a seven-year deal with Salford until 2030, but can activate a get-out clause to return to the NRL at the end of this season.

Croft’s manager Chris Orr confirmed the rejuvenated playmaker would not rule out an Australian resurrection at the Tigers after he was sounded out last year by a number of NRL clubs.

“Brodie will seriously consider a return to the NRL moving forward,” said Orr of PSM.

“’Crofty’ had the Titans and Dragons chasing him to return late last year, but at that stage, the timing wasn’t right.

“His running game and short-kicking game has been outstanding in the Super League and I and Brodie believe his best football is in front of him.”

Croft’s NRL career appeared over after a turbulent stint under Anthony Seibold at the Broncos.

Blooded by Storm coach Craig Bellamy as a successor to Cooper Cronk, Croft played 39 games for Melbourne before shifting to the Broncos, where he played 26 matches between 2020-21.

But after struggling with the pressures of performing at underachieving glamour club the Broncos, Croft was granted an early release to start afresh in the Super League.

The playmaker has proved a sensation in England, steering Salford to the finals last season and winning the prestigious Man of Steel going - Super League’s equivalent of the NRL’s Dally M Medal.

Croft carved up for the Red Devils, scoring seven tries, posting 25 try assists and amassing 83 tackle busts and 23 line breaks to help Salford to the finals.

Marshall believes a wiser and more mature Croft can return to the NRL to provide some direction for the strife-torn Tigers as they plan for life after Brooks.

Madden is another option. The former Australian Schoolboys ace is contracted to the Broncos for another year and while the Tigers have sounded him out, Madden’s preference is to stay at Brisbane.

The Broncos are aware of interest in Madden and have kicked-off talks on an extension to keep the 23-year-old at Red Hill until the end of 2026.

Cant believe this. Surely not, $150k behind just to get him? C'MON! These guys do this and prooves they are crazy and no good at doing business.

Arnt we still paying Maguire to not be part of this circus - the square peg in a round hole. Ain't that the truth.
He must wake up with a smile on his face every morning as we bumble from one embarrassment to the next while our leaders talk up a big game but clearly have no clue how to run a successful NRL club.
His only issue now would be paying more tax - he has two incomes!

The Courier-Mail

NRL 2023 Market Watch: Wests Tigers zero in on Brodie Croft as Luke Brooks replacement​

MARKET WATCH: The Wests Tigers may have found the solution to their halfback woes. But there remains an obstacle in the way.
Peter Badel
July 14, 2023 - 11:45AM

Former Broncos playmaker Brodie Croft is open to returning to the NRL after holding talks with Benji Marshall to rescue the Wests Tigers next season.

Croft celebrated his 26th birthday on Friday and incoming Tigers coach Marshall has given the halfback an NRL gift by expressing interest in the halfback wearing the Tigers No.7 jumper for 2024 and beyond.

This masthead can reveal the Tigers can secure Croft if they pay a $150,000 transfer fee to his current club Salford in the English Super League.

The embattled Tigers are on the lookout for playmaking options following Luke Brooks’ impending departure to Manly next season and Croft is one of several names on Benji’s hitlist.

The Tigers have also discussed a potential homecoming for Jock Madden, who joined the Broncos this season after failing to unseat Brooks over the past two seasons at the joint-venture club.

Croft has signed a seven-year deal with Salford until 2030, but can activate a get-out clause to return to the NRL at the end of this season.

Croft’s manager Chris Orr confirmed the rejuvenated playmaker would not rule out an Australian resurrection at the Tigers after he was sounded out last year by a number of NRL clubs.

“Brodie will seriously consider a return to the NRL moving forward,” said Orr of PSM.

“’Crofty’ had the Titans and Dragons chasing him to return late last year, but at that stage, the timing wasn’t right.

“His running game and short-kicking game has been outstanding in the Super League and I and Brodie believe his best football is in front of him.”

Croft’s NRL career appeared over after a turbulent stint under Anthony Seibold at the Broncos.

Blooded by Storm coach Craig Bellamy as a successor to Cooper Cronk, Croft played 39 games for Melbourne before shifting to the Broncos, where he played 26 matches between 2020-21.

But after struggling with the pressures of performing at underachieving glamour club the Broncos, Croft was granted an early release to start afresh in the Super League.

The playmaker has proved a sensation in England, steering Salford to the finals last season and winning the prestigious Man of Steel going - Super League’s equivalent of the NRL’s Dally M Medal.

Croft carved up for the Red Devils, scoring seven tries, posting 25 try assists and amassing 83 tackle busts and 23 line breaks to help Salford to the finals.

Marshall believes a wiser and more mature Croft can return to the NRL to provide some direction for the strife-torn Tigers as they plan for life after Brooks.

Madden is another option. The former Australian Schoolboys ace is contracted to the Broncos for another year and while the Tigers have sounded him out, Madden’s preference is to stay at Brisbane.

The Broncos are aware of interest in Madden and have kicked-off talks on an extension to keep the 23-year-old at Red Hill until the end of 2026.
If Croft is target number 1, then the 150K transfer fee should be paid. Doesn't impact our Salary Cap and we are supposedly in a good financial position off the field.

If we're going to get Croft I honestly would've just preferred if we re-signed Brooks. They're basically the same player with the same strengths & weaknesses.
I tend to agree but depends on how much we offer him. Brooks signed for 700 at manly I think so if Croft is 500 off the cap then I’m all for it. If similar amounts then we are not any better off other than a change of scenery.

If we're going to get Croft I honestly would've just preferred if we re-signed Brooks. They're basically the same player with the same strengths & weaknesses.

Brooks is probably better but that ship has sailed. We need options. Croft is an option. Sanders/Fainu are other options. We need to sign at least 2 halves and pray some of them perform.

So in summary from rumours in recent days, we are in talks with:

- Fainu brothers
- Ethan Sanders (only that it would be remiss of us not to be in talks)
- Aidan Sezer
- Brodie Croft
- Brayden Trindall (although Sharks have denied a release)
- Jeral Skelton (apparently signed)

Anyone else?

97% of people make stuff up on the intern
justin holbrook

Zero Tackle confirm that Luke Laulilii will be on a development contract next season upgraded into top 30 in 2025.

We know that Lachlan Galvin & Justin Feledy are top 30 in 2024.

I would presume Tallyn Da Silva & Chris Faagutu will be top 30 also next season & Kit Laulilii possibly dev contract the upgrade like his brother. Jordan Miller may be the same.

So I imagine we won't be doing much external recruitment unless there is a massive cull at the end of this season.

Zero Tackle confirm that Luke Laulilii will be on a development contract next season upgraded into top 30 in 2025.

We know that Lachlan Galvin & Justin Feledy are top 30 in 2024.

I would presume Tallyn Da Silva & Chris Faagutu will be top 30 also next season & Kit Laulilii possibly dev contract the upgrade like his brother. Jordan Miller may be the same.

So I imagine we won't be doing much external recruitment unless there is a massive cull at the end of this season.

From the WT website. Hopefully we lock up heath mason.

I think our Super League due diligence includes Croft, Sezer, Lachlan Lam & Mitchell Pearce.

Jock Madden, Jack Cogger & Braydon Trindall (if he can secure a release) in the frame from NRL.

It would be remiss of us not to look into Blake Taafe, Talatau Amone (pending court hearing), Luke Metcalf & Te Maire Martin, pending how we go with Latu Fainu.

The other one that could come into the frame is Ezra Mam for 2025 (however unlikely it seems).

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back