Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We signed a backrower who wasn't playing well in ESL and everyone said he was past it and a rubbish signing. He seems to be going OK.
Still not playing very well. It just looks like it because of the team hes in. No other backwrower makes more errors than him.

Reactions: BZN
Yeh mate, we were flying before they blew it up.
We have become the club that generates interest in the NRL not for the good that happens on the field, but all the stuff that happens off the field that amuses some and winds up the poor rusted ons.
I'm convinced we make fans from other clubs grateful that they don't follow WTs.

Sezer isn’t the marquee 7 signing we were all wishing for. I’m not sure how we would attract one right now.

However, I do think he can bring some value to the club. If it’s a short deal say 1 year with 1 year club option I’d take that. We need someone that can organise this rabble. We haven’t had an organising half for a long time and are suffering from it.

We need someone who can direct us around the field, brings some leadership to what is a very young side. I’m not sure Luke would ever be able to do this but Sezer seems like he can.

I haven’t watch a lot of SL but he seems to have a pretty good passing game (often Luke would take the wrong option or throw a poor pass). We need to get more value out of players like Paps and I think maybe Sezer can unlock players better with his passing.

He also looks to have a good kicking game short and long. He doesn’t have the running game of Luke but right now the team needs to be organised more than having a strong runner. Unlock others in the team is the goal.

He isn’t going to have an incredible highlights package but I feel he could bring some structure which we are desperate for.

Sezer is far far superior to Brooks… and has played finals footy …
He played finals footy in 2019 which will be 5 years prior by 2024.
In that 5 years Sezer has suffered injuries and got much older, meaning one of his strengths which was his speed off the mark has now diminished.
Based on what I’ve seen and heard he is now too fragile to take the ball to the line, so won’t help us in that respect either.
At this stage of his career he’s about on par with Will Smith and we have seen how that worked out,

Me 4.

Organizer
✅

Kicker ✅
Experienced ✅
Take us forward ✅
Short term contract till the young guns within our pathways are ready ✅

If our halfback next year can:
Find touch on penalty kicks 99% of the time
Run 3 steps forward before passing
Yell at people
Speak
Outrun Wakeham

Then it is a huge upgrade and they will be our best 7 since 2011. Bula and an exciting (albeit "potential") running 6 will mean we don't have worst spine anymore. Still need minimum 3 outside backs.
Brilliant…👆this is so effing accurate.. exactly right..

Latest posts

Staff online

Back