Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Well, our halfback getting injured didn’t help, that’s probably bad luck that one. But the fact we don’t have one for 2024, well I’m hanging that on the club’s management who just cannot secure a top line option in that position.

Our five eighth, signed pre-Sheens has had a horror run of injuries and I feel for him, but it’s bad luck and I can’t lay that on the coach.

I’m lead to believe our wingers are on upwards of 500K each and not playing at the moment. One was signed pre-Sheens and the other had a hole in his bowel, hard to hang that on Sheens.

I hold Sheens partially responsible for our centres, as they were both re-signed without showing much consistency. To’a and Naden have both shown glimpses of form but are far from consistent first graders yet.

So in summary, we have had a horrible run of luck, some poor recruiting decisions in our backs and we need some star power in the centres.

It certainly wasn’t bad enough to pull the plug on a five year plan after 7 weeks.

Ok.. fair enough…

I think we both have articulated out positions… hopefully respectfully from my end…as you have been..

I’ll leave it at that on the Sheens issue…👍

unless he picks AJ again on the wing tomorrow… then I am going to explode…

Oh I’m sorry … I didn’t know it was a prerequisite to come back from injury via reserves .. I must have missed API’s game there last week..

I was told there were no other options to AJ… i have named two.. neither are ideal but they are both superior to the option that was selected.. as we witnessed ( again)
Youd better be careful TS or craegus will accuse you and paws of hogging the post in contravention of the WTF rules and regulations ;)

Shortly? did I read that rite where you said shortly? Blimey, I'd say we are already there.
We arent there yet.
We still have a coach who has won premierships, as well as Api, Klemmer, Papa, Bateman and Bula.
Once they all go and are not adequately replaced, rock bottom will be achieved.

Anybody seeing a modern day backrower in Bateman, and the club signing him to a 4 year contract for over 700k per year and plus the transfer fee they paid 250,00k, seriously he offers nothing, his competitive nature doesn't now even exist. Bula has shown how special he is going to be, from Nov 1 next year, he is open to signing with another club even though he is signed for 25, just go and offer another 4 years and do something normal Weststigers
If that's genuinely how much we paid for him B1963 he definitely aint worth it.

It certainly wasn’t bad enough to pull the plug on a five year plan after 7 weeks.

It's not just the poor results though. It's the fact that recruitment and retention appears to be a mess with the board, CEO, coaching staff and recruitment team all doing their own things.

The plan might have been a good one if the people involved were better at their jobs but Benji for instance is completely inexperienced in this role and he probably has a lot to learn. That learning phase could hurt the club a freaken lot.

Reactions: 851
Problem is we need players and Fulton and his entourage are the only present way of getting them.

Sick of taking the off cuts.

Benji is managing to piss off player managers while siding himself with the weakest player manager of the lot. Good work benji.
Worst case scenario is Fulton is moved on and Tartak tries to extract his players from the club (Da Silva, Laulilii brothers, Miller). Whether these juniors actually say no, we want to progress with the WT & Benji is another story.

Hopefully Benji & Robbie have built bridges with Sam Ayoub & Chris Orr & even Isaac Moses & George Mimmis so we can counter any Tartak 'throwing toys out of the cot' scenario.

We need someone in a Football Manager role similar to Gus at the Bulldogs who has complete control of overseeing the coaches, recruitment & retention etc.
This is the role who should ultimately be responsible for on field results based on the ability to have the right coaches, the right recruitment manager and the right player recruitment & retention.

You've just suggested Sheens is not a good coach. What makes a good coach? I'd suggest being a very good player manager, a strategist and being able to impart knowledge to players. Sheens more than ticks the boxes in these areas. What you're suggesting is ageist based. I am not willing to comment on this issue but what I do know Bula is just another fullback in a long line of very good fullbacks to emerge under Sheens. I posted Sheens' comments on Bula during pre-season and he was 100% correct. Is this coincidence?
All of these strengths you have listed suggests he'd be perfect for the Head of Football role which he was originally brought in to do. However, his head coaching record the last 15 years speaks for itself really & he should've never been moved back into the role of Head Coach.

We need someone in a Football Manager role similar to Gus at the Bulldogs who has complete control of overseeing the coaches, recruitment & retention etc.
This is the role who should ultimately be responsible for on field results based on the ability to have the right coaches, the right recruitment manager and the right player recruitment & retention.
That's what I thought Sheens was brought in to do. They buggered that up though

This is crux of it all. That position was previously filled by Tim Sheens and is currently sitting vacant. By respect you would think that anything set up by Tim the year prior for the year that he has decided to coach to help get management out of a bind that that would continue unless you were to fill that position with a new person with new ideas.
That’s why it makes no sense at all to not include Tim as current NRL coach and former Head of Football in decisions made around the structure of the Football Operations staff.

Someone like Shane Richardson .

Latest posts

Members online

Back