Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Believe what you want, but contract numbers in the media are make believe.

If you actually sit down and calculate what each team is paying each player based on media reports every team is over the cap by about 2 million dollars.

Lomax's contract before he was dropped was $650 and has magically increased to $700 since he has returned.

Will be on $800 before the year ends.

Thanks…I’ll believe what I what .... but like I said… I’m more likely to believe something I read in the media then something I read here ..

Where do you think the media gets their info from? ;)

I’ll pay that one…

Someone here said earlier this week that we signed Metcalf from the Warriors… have been waiting to see if someone like the Mole took the bait…

Now that would be a signing I could get behind 👍…

Talau.

One woefull attempt at tackle, both hands got to the Dragon player easily but both hands just did not grab that player, it was like he was playing touch Footy, Dragons score.

Then running deep into Dragons 20 with both centre and winger coming at him and our winger unmarked, he decides to ignore our winger and runs into the two man tackle thats in front of him on the 5th tackle.

He makes a tackle or he passes the ball, just one of those two things could have won us the game.

I’ll pay that one…

Someone here said earlier this week that we signed Metcalfe from the Warriors… have been waiting to see if someone like the Mole took the bait…

Now that would be a signing I could get behind 👍…

We can probably get Lomax over $1,000,000 if we try hard enough.

We have 7 props, 6 backrowers and 1 solitary pivot, allowing for Brooks gone and Douhi possibly struggling to get back on the park.
Benji was supposed to be a player magnet but after contacting every half in Australia and Europe hasnt had any success. All we have is someone who only looks like Benji.
download (1).jpg x download (2).jpg = download (3).jpg

While disappointed with the loss I am taking the view our younger players are gaining experience. We went into the game with a makeshift halves pairing but competed. We didn't put up the white flag. Some of the performances were good. I agree with Gould we have a team building. Our pack is strong even without Blore

While disappointed with the loss I am taking the view our younger players are gaining experience. We went into the game with a makeshift halves pairing but competed. We didn't put up the white flag. Some of the performances were good. I agree with Gould we have a team building. Our pack is strong even without Blore
Even if we have the players, the coaching is a mess.

This is why Manly are in for a WORLD OF HURT.

Tommy Talau is managed by Issac Moses.
Issac Moses manages 19/30 signed players at Manly. Oh and Brooks, Talau and other guys under Issac Moses.

Brisbane actually got rid of a stack of Issac Moses signed players when they got rid of Siebold.

Now we have huge issues. We should have smashed St George. To loose 18/14 against the other wooden spooner side shows we have huge issues. But at least things are looking up
Don't forget that St George were basically full strength, whereas we were onto our 3rd or 4th reserve grade halves experiment.

That cannot be understated.

Our lack of depth has been highlighted this year. We can whinge all we like, but until we can get genuine competition for spots, we will struggle.

We have signed Latu. Sezer is unconfirmed.

Laurie and Brooks gone.

Doueihi is out, but still he is not a 7.

We are short 3 halves as it stands. Get ready for more of the same unless we fill the gaps.

Add hooker to that list of poor depth. Simpkin is not what he was cracked up to be. Da Silva is still learning.

If Api makes origin or gets injured, the team falls apart. We need another experienced hooker to cover for injuries and ease Da Silva in.

Fullback is another issue. If Bula goes down, who replaces him?

The pack could do with one more high profile signing, but it’s a lower priority than the issues we have in the backs.
So we have Latu Fainu signed and presumably Aidan Sezer will be next.
After last nights game, it would make sense to hopefully extend Daine Laurie as a genuine NRL halves contender.
Then I agree we need 2 more halves for added competition.
I keep coming back to Adam Clune as a player who could help us out for a couple of years as he’s a traditional on the ball game managing type of halfback that I can confidently say is miles ahead of what we currently have as a 7.
He has never been able to cement a regular NRL starting spot, but has a few NRL man of the match efforts to his credit and if you watch the highlights of him playing for the Knights NSW Cup team this season, he looks in career best form.
I believe if he was in direct competition with Aidan Sezer for our NRL 7 spot, he would convince the coaches and win hands down.
As the 5th halves option Blake Taafe would be extremely valuable to us with his high energy approach and versatility.

Going into a game with a makeshift halves pairing will usually end in one outcome. The Dragons had a good team on the park.

Reactions: 851
This is why Manly are in for a WORLD OF HURT.

Tommy Talau is managed by Issac Moses.
Issac Moses manages 19/30 signed players at Manly. Oh and Brooks, Talau and other guys under Issac Moses.

Brisbane actually got rid of a stack of Issac Moses signed players when they got rid of Siebold.

Now we have huge issues. We should have smashed St George. To loose 18/14 against the other wooden spooner side shows we have huge issues. But at least things are looking up
Moses’ players at Manly are gathering momentum 😲
A couple of days ago there were only 5 with that number expected to be 7 with Brooks and Talau joining next year. What is this guy doing to attract so many players? 😲

Latest posts

Back