Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Not the quote/attitude I’d want to hear.

“They can give me a call if they want,” Austin said on Wests Tigers.

He should be the one asking his manager to call us.
In context- he's a surprisingly frank talker. He's talking about coming back to a 'successful team' because playing as a half is more about doing things for others, he finds being 'unshackled' with those kinds of demands exciting.

I'm not advocating signing him, I just see a value to it.

I don't think the club is in a position to simply remove players of that talent. I think they owe it to themselves to at least see if he can come back.
He did comeback, and did his leg again. It’s getting to the point he‘s a lost cause. Disappointing, because fully fit he adds a lot of value.

If Sezar does sign...here's the thing. Those 2 guys have played together a lot. It's an instant combination. Even if they are 'past it', until the young guys take over...they at least understand what they expect from each other.

He looked like Brad fittler he's last game on kayo.

He did comeback, and did his leg again. It’s getting to the point he‘s a lost cause. Disappointing, because fully fit he adds a lot of value.
He's on contract for 1 more year. He'll probably be fit for half of it. What do you possibly gain moving him on? Who takes him in this state? I think you just have to see how he comes back. If fit, he's in the top 13 players in the club, despite a fair bit of vitriol against him among the supporters.

I’d keep him on for 2 reasons …

- Reinforces how our club supports players in terrible times / injury rehab & bad image/PR if we try to offload whilst under contract with a major injury.
- We will need to create spots at the end of next season too so it would be wise to let him depart when off-contract. We will need space for the Laulilii brothers & big Jordan into top 30 for ‘25. Thus I would keep Douehi, Reilly & Ngatakuira for next season.
Not having a go because I agree with the sentiment. Players are people too ☺️. The club needs to be more selfish to become successful.

1) I think we can support players outside the cap.
2) we need halves now! We have have had no problem moving players on this season with no replacements lined up.

The sooner we move douehi outside the cap the better for the squad.

He's on contract for 1 more year. He'll probably be fit for half of it. What do you possibly gain moving him on? Who takes him in this state? I think you just have to see how he comes back. If fit, he's in the top 13 players in the club, despite a fair bit of vitriol against him among the supporters.
Could almost medically retire him at this point. Look, next year is a write off anyway, so might as well see him out. Couldn’t possibly re-sign him on good money.

Could almost medically retire him at this point. Look, next year is a write off anyway, so might as well see him out. Couldn’t possibly re-sign him on good money.
If he doesn't really get back on the field, I'd say he'd be looking for a 1 year 'prove it' deal after that. All I'm saying is, if he's actually fit, he's probably our best centre at this stage.

If he doesn't really get back on the field, I'd say he'd be looking for a 1 year 'prove it' deal after that. All I'm saying is, if he's actually fit, he's probably our best centre at this stage.

His defence in all positions has been poor,i will be amazed if he can get the confidence back to be a decent defender after 3 ACL's

I don’t agree that we should extend Wakeham to a Top 30 deal… there must be a better option,,,it’s not a high bar to exceed
I disagree. Expectations need to be in line with his ability level.

this guy is a 40+ game 1st grade experience guy. He's probably a Will Smith-esque career type. If he is option 4 on your halves roster, I'm ok with that. So long as the $'s meet the expectations. If we had another half beside him, and a couple of decent defenders outside him, we'd have won a few of these games this year. He's servicable, in a limited way. And he doesn't get in the way of progression of Fainu or Galvin.

His defence in all positions has been poor,i will be amazed if he can get the confidence back to be a decent defender after 3 ACL's
Outside of a handful of poor games at 5/8, I can't remember thinking he was a turnstyle. He's not Trevor Gillmeister, but he's hardly Daniel Fitzhenry.

Re sign Laurie and leave him in the half’s at 7 , Brooks to 6 or other way round .
extend Blore and Staines
sign Sezer , Trindal , Taffe , Tracey
sign a centre
we good to go and yes we will compete next year ,
oh and move Sheens on and Bring in Holbrook
Benji HC
Holbrook. Attack
Furner , Defence
Farah. Half’s
Fitzgibbon will not release his players under contract.

But he's not even on 800k, that's another fabrication just like the Fainus are on 4million.
As Teddy pointed out earlier he's on a 5 year 3 million deal. He took the long contract at a young age rather than a shorter one on bigger bucks.
He'd be our best centre by a country mile and is a decent bloke too. Anyone is dreaming if they think he wouldn't instantly improve our team
Lomax is a very good centre but no way Flannagan will release him.

Latest posts

Back