Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We have lots of problems, especially cause we can’t win….. but it’s simple…. A lot of our cattle not NRL level. Can’t win with 9-11 NRL players lining up against 12-17. Need a complete NRL team. If you have your spine a rating out 4. With 4 being 4 competent spine players. This year we have been lucky to field 2 for the whole season. We have the worst spine in the NRL in 2023 by far. And guess what this week I rate our spine as a 3. So a good chance. Brooks/Api x 1 and Bula/Laurie 0.5. Bula will be a 1 with more games under his belt no doubt. Well Laurie maybe but will be a long while before that happens.

I realise some grasp the concept of development coaching quicker than others, but hope it doesnt take Benji that long? I think Webster has been coaching half his life? Didnt he spend some time in ESL with his brother James, who is also a coach?
Interview that other week with Webster and he was captain coach of a team in America I think in Florida for 3 years in his 20's said he learnt alot also sounded like he had alot of fun and learnt alot from the experience I think the interview was on grandstand

So where do you and others who believe coaching is our big problem think we would be running if Andrew Webster was our coach this season ?
About 9th but much better than we are currently going. Brooks played under Webster in SG Ball so understands his strengths.
He would have installed a calmness around attacking situations and provided game plans to match the strengths of his players and identifying weaknesses in the opposition.
Pathways would have been big on his agenda as you can see some of the young players he has given opportunities to throughout the season.

Our gameplans lack any foresight of winning games. Our attack is redundant and our defense needs everyone to buy in (there has been times throughout the year where I have thought we have defended okay but we drop the intensity and decision making with poor individual decisions.)

not sure where everyone is getting their mail from

taafe wasnt on our radar
its been reported Sio Siua Taukeiaho was offered a deal, incorrect reporting, his manager approached tigers/parra , and he will end up at the dogs

dont rule out a charlie staines extension

sami / oates also being talked about, but both have better options

no update on sullivan

I agree. We need Robbie to have the experience first, which can be done over time if we deem he has the right leadership qualities. But there is something about having a leader with passion for the club. Who will go that extra mile for success.

There are a large number of ex-players in management or board positions. There's no reason to flat out reject the idea.
Have met Robbie a couple of times and have also met Pascoe.

All I said was pleasure to meet you. I’m a big fan. Good luck for the season.

Neither of them on each occasion said anything and simply snarled at me.

Had the same experience when meeting Joel Caine and Ben Galea.

The disdain this club has for its fans runs deep.

taafe wasnt on our radar
its been reported Sio Siua Taukeiaho was offered a deal, incorrect reporting, his manager approached tigers/parra , and he will end up at the dogs

no update on sullivan
Thanks @kade7 any mail on Sezer’s medical & Kaeo Weekes?

Have met Robbie a couple of times and have also met Pascoe.

All I said was pleasure to meet you. I’m a big fan. Good luck for the season.

Neither of them on each occasion said anything and simply snarled at me.

Had the same experience when meeting Joel Caine and Ben Galea.

The disdain this club has for its fans runs deep.
Really? Robbie did a video for me at my wedding. Don't know him or anything, but he went out of his way to do one.

Pascoe I've met quite a few times. Showed me the coe before it was released and really made me try to feel like the inner circle. I tend to think he should move on as CEO, but has nothing to do with his personality.

Really surprising response you had mate. Not good to hear.

taafe wasnt on our radar

no update on sullivan
I would take Sami but glad we stayed away from Sio T as he reminds me of another Dale F. Sharks got sucked into a 4 year deal with him and he has missed a lot of games.

Any update on Sezer mate?

Reactions: 851
I would take Sami but glad we stayed away from Sio T as he reminds me of another Dale F. Sharks got sucked into a 4 year deal with him and he has missed a lot of games.

Any update on Sezer mate?
Seriously how can we do such great Recruiting this year and be on LAST!

The Sharks get a busted Dale Finucane and their going to have some fun this year.

taafe wasnt on our radar

no update on sullivan
any other outside backs on the radar other than the ones you mentioned?

taafe wasnt on our radar

no update on sullivan
Taukeiaho rumour is just how reporting is done these days. Give it a day or two & we'll hear how the Tigers can't even lure him in.

Staines is probably the best wing option available to the Tigers right now- this makes sense.

Sami- fair enough. Oates as in Corey Oates? Interesting. Big bodied winger we certainly could do with, that's for sure.

It's always interesting hearing different stories people have of players. I met Farah on a night out and even though he was with other people, he was polite enough to take a photo and was pretty patient through despite the Girl he was with was asking him to leave us and return to her/their group.

Back