Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I would take Sami but glad we stayed away from Sio T as he reminds me of another Dale F. Sharks got sucked into a 4 year deal with him and he has missed a lot of games.

Any update on Sezer mate?
Seriously how can we do such great Recruiting this year and be on LAST!

The Sharks get a busted Dale Finucane and their going to have some fun this year.

not sure where everyone is getting their mail from

taafe wasnt on our radar
its been reported Sio Siua Taukeiaho was offered a deal, incorrect reporting, his manager approached tigers/parra , and he will end up at the dogs

dont rule out a charlie staines extension

sami / oates also being talked about, but both have better options

no update on sullivan
any other outside backs on the radar other than the ones you mentioned?

taafe wasnt on our radar
its been reported Sio Siua Taukeiaho was offered a deal, incorrect reporting, his manager approached tigers/parra , and he will end up at the dogs

no update on sullivan
Taukeiaho rumour is just how reporting is done these days. Give it a day or two & we'll hear how the Tigers can't even lure him in.

Staines is probably the best wing option available to the Tigers right now- this makes sense.

Sami- fair enough. Oates as in Corey Oates? Interesting. Big bodied winger we certainly could do with, that's for sure.

It's always interesting hearing different stories people have of players. I met Farah on a night out and even though he was with other people, he was polite enough to take a photo and was pretty patient through despite the Girl he was with was asking him to leave us and return to her/their group.

It's always interesting hearing different stories people have of players. I met Farah on a night out and even though he was with other people, he was polite enough to take a photo and was pretty patient through despite the Girl he was with was asking him to leave us and return to her/their group.
Well, at least he was with a girl. ... not that there's anything wrong with that. 🍷 🤣 🕺💃

taafe wasnt on our radar

no update on sullivan
Is Sullivan managed by tartak?

taafe wasnt on our radar

no update on sullivan

I can 100% confirm we offered Taafe a deal

Have it on pretty good authority that Connor Tracey is desperately trying to get out of his deal with Cronulla, however Cronulla refuse to let him leave as the belief around the squad is that Siosifa Talakai is the one being shopped around quietly and are hoping for his form to improve so they don't need to chip in too much. Cronulla aren't impressed with the way he has played since signing his big $ contract late last year after playing origin when his stock was quite high and are hoping to offload him. Parramatta had a verbal agreement with Tracey but have now cooled there interest due to Cronulla's unwillingness to let him go.

Where the story gets interesting is that if Talakai becomes available we're one of the clubs that'll throw our hats in the ring as we actually contacted his management last year before he re-signed.

Personally, if Sharks chip in I'd happily take Talakai off them. Tracey's frustrations is growing by the day though as he's 27 and wants to be playing NRL consistently. Either player would improve our outside back depth quite significantly.
Thanks for the info but he sounds like a player we don't need. Has some success and gets lazy. He's a naturally big body that will only grow bigger.

Just not interested in the Tigers from what I was told. I'm not sure if it even got to an official offer, it may have just been numbers thrown at him by Benji that is being quoted to me. Benji tried very hard to convince him.
I wonder if that’s the major objection?
Since sacking Madge we have a spoon and are favourites to collect another one 5 games from now.
We have a head coach, who appears to be not respected by the board , who will finish up end of 2024.
To be replaced by a novice coach with limited experience.
Players have a short career and in their post career all they have is their record of success.

Major Factors in players coming To our club in my opinion only
Our Results are very Poor last 2 years ( we need to win 3/5 games to finish the season off So they feel we do have potential .
we need to secure fist grade quality singing now , once we get one more will follow , the young brothers are good signings but not what other players would see as a big help for next season .
we need to chase also the best players caught behind top liners like Trindal to help across both NRL and reserve grade and pay enough to make them want first grade and some extra cash over their current wage .
Players may also see Sheens over Benji as not a great option , to many coaches , I say Move Sheens at Season end but let everyone know now , it hasn’t worked , Bring in Holbrook as assistant , Give Benji 1 1/2 season to move up the ladder , not win the comp but move up and become competitive otherwise hand it over to Holbrook , nasty but we can’t stay on the bottom for ever , Benji goes from last this season and moves us up 3 to 4 spots I would be ok, next year , who knows maybe he pushes us up 5/6 spots even better .
if we are getting Sezer , speed it up lock it in tell everyone we have a 7 then Chase hard for our 6. , we have shit loads of cash , and don’t worry about top 30 do a bulldogs sign now dump others later
Sullivan , Mariner , Best , Trindal ,
secure , Blore , Staines , Steph on extensions

he is a 2nd rower playing centre. Sheens loves a 2nd rower that multi tasks. Start measuring him for a jersey.
Which IMHO is what we need.

Were not defending in the Centers/Wings hard enough. Tupou has been walked over in several games, yes he gets caught wide but it's a total wing turnstyle. Even makes Nofo look like a defender some games.

We need an upgrade there. I was even thinking of having the second row'ers pair with the wings and move the centers in. Just to get some beef closer to the wing.

Latest posts

Members online

Back