Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He’s too flashy

I have never heard benji or sheens saying you need to earn the right to go wide

One of my mates is mates with benji and apparently after the first 5or 6 losses benji told him those were his fault for trying to be too expansive.

Him and sheens are self admitting offensive minded coaches

They’ve said it

Whereas you listen to Billy slater … he says go hard and simple and then go wide

Even Webster the warriors coach on NRL 360 the other day said he keeps it really really simple

We have Robbie doing attack out of our end zone

Benji doing attack in their end zone

Sheens saying you have to use the ball

And the only guy doing D is david furner … out of 4 coaches.

It’s been sheens benji and Robbie Achilles heel and why we never consistently made the top 8 from 2005 to when they both retired

Making the finals 3 times in like 15 years!

All because they just don’t do the simple stuff

Look at the dolphins and Wayne Bennet

I guarantee if Bennet was coaching us we would be in the 8 with this team
Seriously ay. This team has been so poorly coached. Can Scott Fulton recruit a coach too? The only time we've been competitive all season is when we've played through the middle and held the ball. It has been so obvious. Do that and have a half who can kick consistently, show some patience and we'll win our share of games. We have the least repeat sets in the league.

He’s too flashy

One of my mates is mates with benji and apparently after the first 5or 6 losses benji told him those were his fault for trying to be too expansive.

They’ve said it

Whereas you listen to Billy slater … he says go hard and simple and then go wide

Even Webster the warriors coach on NRL 360 the other day said he keeps it really really simple

It’s been sheens benji and Robbie Achilles heel and why we never consistently made the top 8 from 2005 to when they both retired

Rugby league 101

Seriously ay. This team has been so poorly coached. Can Scott Fulton recruit a coach too? The only time we've been competitive all season is when we've played through the middle and held the ball. It has been so obvious. Do that and have a half who can kick consistently, show some patience and we'll win our share of games. We have the least repeat sets in the league.
Amen

He’s too flashy

They’ve said it

How can you guarantee that when you can't even spell Bennett correctly?

I can't believe that people still think the problem is the coach/s - and I'm not singing their praises. The squad lacks the quality to compete against better quality players/teams. Api demonstrates what it takes - he doesn't play tonight we get slaughtered.
He is so far above every other player in our team the bloke deserves a medal for turning up.
We are treading water with this squad regardless of who coaches them.

I can't believe that people still think the problem is the coach/s - and I'm not singing their praises. The squad lacks the quality to compete against better quality players/teams. Api demonstrates what it takes - he doesn't play tonight we get slaughtered.
He is so far above every other player in our team the bloke deserves a medal for turning up.
We are treading water with this squad regardless of who coaches them.
those so called sneaky tries he keeps scoring,there never seem's to b another 1 of our players backing up within koo eee,seem 2 sit back ,lazy ,lounging on the 20

Don't understand the tactic of doing four short drop outs in a row to a attacking team like souths handing the ball ten metres out when you're trailing 20 to 18 seems like madness to me
It's a symptom of the bigger problem at the Tigers that we've had since forever. That being laziness. Instead of rolling the sleeves up and trying to minimise their yardage or forcing an error we take the easy option of a short drop out and hope it works. Shortcuts it's emblematic of the Tigers from the boardroom through to the playing squad, lazy and mentally weak. Everytime we make a mistake we turn to water.

It's a symptom of the bigger problem at the Tigers that we've had since forever. That being laziness. Instead of rolling the sleeves up and trying to minimise their yardage or forcing an error we take the easy option of a short drop out and hope it works. Shortcuts it's emblematic of the Tigers from the boardroom through to the playing squad, lazy and mentally weak. Everytime we make a mistake we turn to water.
Don’t agree, most teams are doing short drop outs. Ours are poorly directed, but we had about 10 of them and I think they scored of one maybe two. We never hold out a team even if we drop out long, I believe it’s worth a go.
I thought the team showed up tonight just a few rough calls from stardust with easy piggybacking penalties helped the scoffs cause out of trouble all nite. Api was fantastic but we just lack direction in the halves. We get up their end heaps, but regularly fail to convert. That’s our problem.
Brooks made us better last nite but he’s no architect!

Just watched the Turkish Tiger Seizure in the first half do three things for Leeds that I haven't seen our halves do for a decade.
He talks, thinks, and puts his outside men in good position with good ball.
How’s his kicking game and does he still look to have enough speed ti threaten to take on the opposition or make a line break himself ?

How’s his kicking game and does he still look to have enough speed ti threaten to take on the opposition or make a line break himself ?
His kicks were good.
He's not speedy but has the occasional run.
He really dropped off in the 2nd half but that was mainly due to Blake Austin hugely overplaying his hand trying to get a contract. You could see Sezer getting frustrated.

Back