Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Blaming the pack for our performances this year shows a distinct lack of knowledge.
The pigs are doing their job on the majority of weeks.
The backs have let them down to such a degree, I’d request seperate Mad Mondays.

Latu Fainu plays predominantly on the left and seems very good at skipping across field before straightening up to engage the defence and putting his hard running back rower or centre through the hole.
From memory I think Jayden Sullivan prefers playing on the right hand side.
Odd that Latu is a right foot kicker and plays left and that Sullivan is a left footer and plays right.
If it works for them that’s great. I remember Sezer is a left footer and prefers playing on the right.
I’ve seen coaches try and change them round before. Hope they remain as so.

Our forwards are light years ahead of where we were last year. We don't get momentum piled on top of momentum against us MOST games. Klemmer isn't flashy, but he's consistent & tough. And a leader. We have so many young props in this club. Utoikamanu is able to be the #2 prop & not targeted as he was in the past. The wealth of knowledge Klemmer can pass on to Utoikamanu, Pole, James & the youngsters in the youth ranks is immense.

Linebreaks was brought up earlier. They are a huge issue. Tupou is by far and away our leader & I think they have nearly all come from kick returns. Historically, this group of players are not well known for line breaks. This could be due to the halves, so it's not wrist slashing time just yet. Nofa is traditionally pretty good, but concerningly...this is a down year. Doueihi is probably, statistically, the best we have. His big angular body is tough to bring down. The 5/8 experiment looks dead, but I still see value in the centres, particularly outside Fainu. Oddly, outside of 1 season, probably one of the least effective line break merchants in the squad is Charlie Staines. Brent Naden is actually pretty good at it (similar body shape to Doueihi...hmm..)

If Staines is not retained, the club will need another option out wide. Nofa, Tupou, Kepaoa look likely to still be here. If we need that speed player, maybe Keio Weekes comes back into consideration. I wouldn't mind looking at Isaac Lumelume for that big, athletic body. I also think a centre able to create for his outside man would help this club SO much. I still believe that player is Alamoti from the Bulldogs.

I've not forgotten To'a. He has the individual skills in him. That said, he needs to lose the arm waving, penalty begging mentality & focus on less errors. It's the inconsistency out wide that kills us so often.

Give me 2 wingers good at kick return/dummy half running that DO NOT cost us points in defence. Couple that with the forwards & Bula, we are moving in the right direction.

@Tomatosoup912 - You still aren't responding to what I'm stating. Chill out dude.

I hate picking through long posts like this to try and respond to stuff I haven't stated. I started but you get it so wrong so quickly I can't be bothered reading what you posted.

I was talking only about Stef and my opinion that his performances need to improve. That doesn't mean he is a dud or I want to get rid of him or anything like that. I just want the performances we've seen the last two weeks more often over the course of the season. That is it. I'm on medical marijuana and I think you should go and get some.
Medical marijuana earl, sorry to hear that as you must have a fairly serious health problem. :(

I know many on here don't like him, but given the modern dynamics of the game, our big bodied winger is probably already on the roster- Asu Kepaoa.

In comparison to Nofa & Staines, how do people feel about his defensive work?

I know many on here don't like him, but given the modern dynamics of the game, our big bodied winger is probably already on the roster- Asu Kepaoa.

Probably on par with Nofa or Staines from a defensive point of view.
The likes of Nofa and Staines are much quicker to turn and defend kicks in behind, but that’s standard for someone with a much larger frame to be slower turning.
I was initially peeved with too many lacklustre games from Keparoa and thought we should simply offload him, but you are right in saying we need at least one big body winger, so with he and Tupou to fight out the starting spot and have the other as cover if one is injured or out of form is the ideal scenario.
Likewise To’a and Naden would ideally fight for one centre starting spot, it would be nice to have another solid option, possibly a new recruit such as Brad Parker/Paul Alamoti or someone changing position such as Tupou remaining in the centres or Staines moving there if he stays as our other centre option.

Probably on par with Nofa or Staines from a defensive point of view.
The likes of Nofa and Staines are much quicker to turn and defend kicks in behind, but that’s standard for someone with a much larger frame to be slower turning.
I was initially peeved with too many lacklustre games from Keparoa and thought we should simply offload him, but you are right in saying we need at least one big body winger, so with he and Tupou to fight out the starting spot and have the other as cover if one is injured or out of form is the ideal scenario.
Likewise To’a and Naden would ideally fight for one centre starting spot, it would be nice to have another solid option, possibly a new recruit such as Brad Parker/Paul Alamoti or someone changing position such as Tupou remaining in the centres or Staines moving there if he stays as our other centre option.
I’m not sure why we persist with To’a as a centre?
He would make an excellent winger with his speed and tackle breaking ability, defensively he wouldn’t get found out making the wrong decision as often but can chase down his opposite on a long shift, unlike Nofa who isn’t quick at all. He would benefit from the ball carries from the kick returns and partner up with Bula well.

FFS, Kepaoa is not a first grader. How many times must a person fail before fans can move on? No other club would touch him.
He's extremely slow, atrocious defence, makes a heap of errors. Turn him into a back rower and see if he can handle the work rate and simplifying his game. If he can dominate in NSW cup then he can get another shot. Any match in which he plays in the back in the NRL we've surrendered and given up

FFS, Kepaoa is not a first grader. How many times must a person fail before fans can move on? No other club would touch him.
He's extremely slow, atrocious defence, makes a heap of errors. Turn him into a back rower and see if he can handle the work rate and simplifying his game. If he can dominate in NSW cup then he can get another shot. Any match in which he plays in the back in the NRL we've surrendered and given up
I was told he had his eye sight fixed, hasn’t helped much.
He needs a flipper to hand transplant and his forehead stamped with “Never to Play WT NRL”

The way I see it Sezer is the key. He’s no star by any stretch but he can organise a team and has a decent short and long kicking game.

Sullivan’s strengths are his ball playing and running, doesn’t have a particularly great kicking game. Fainu barely kicks at NSW Cup level yet so his kicking game is unknown at anything beyond Flegg.
These are the type of comments that fill me with dread.
If a 32 yo second or third tier half is the “key” to us moving forward then, imo, we better start clearing space for a third spoon.
And Sullivan hasn’t shown me much more, plus he comes from an equally mediocre club .
You can see the difference ( most times) when we recruit from better clubs, they are more professional and have better skills.
I’m happy to be proven wrong but just gives me a chill thinking about it.

These are the type of comments that fill me with dread.
If a 32 yo second or third tier half is the “key” to us moving forward then, imo, we better start clearing space for a third spoon.
And Sullivan hasn’t shown me much more, plus he comes from an equally mediocre club .
You can see the difference ( most times) when we recruit from better clubs, they are more professional and have better skills.
I’m happy to be proven wrong but just gives me a chill thinking about it.
Welcome to the real world pal. Who is a better option, available and willing to join the reigning wooden spooners?

Hastings is a second tier half and made a significant difference to us. Sezer is a better 7 than Brooks and Wakeham.

We need to improve 2-7. We can’t score points consistently inside the 20 and concede points easily out wide. All areas can improve but when you have weak links in the halves and out wide you are easy to beat.
Toa effort on the weekend was the perfect example. The winger had denied Souths the try but Toa did not back up and merely jogged when the ball was passed back inside to his opposite man, who scored the try. Not the first time Toa has been caught bludging.

Last edited:
Toa effort on the weekend was the perfect example. The winger had denied Souths the try but Toa did not back up and merely jogged when the ball was passed back inside to his opposite man, who scored the try. Not the first time Toa has been caught bulging.

His efforts in defense on the weekend were criminal. It really looked like he wanted Souths to score on many occasions. Really bad attitude

Back