Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Luai no better than Laurie ? Really
Really.
There is no chance the Panthers will be willing to pay big money for Luai when they can have Laurie for a fraction of the price and allow them to keep more of their big name players.
Put Laurie at 5/8 in the current Panthers side and he looks as good if not better than Luai or Cody Walker.

He was given the FB posi for two years and proved to everyone he was shite at it.
But yes he should have been given a go at 5/8 in ressies long before cutting him.
I still don’t reckon he’s the answer.

He was given the FB posi for two years and proved to everyone he was shite at it.
But yes he should have been given a go at 5/8 in ressies long before cutting him.
I still don’t reckon he’s the answer.
I reckon his heart was never with WT Buttface for whatever reason only known to himself. As minor as it seemed at the time, wearing the Penrith jersey showed that, plus a couple of other silly things he did just add to that. He's happy he is going back home and is now displaying the quality player he can be.

Jerome is a genuine chance of coming here some are trying to make him Api.

Penrith missed him last

Balance 2023 to ado List
Fanui Brothers singed ✅
Confirm Sezer 1 year plus 1 x option
Confirm Sullivan 3/4 year deal
Buy 2 centres
buy another 7
clean out first grade by at least 5 players , make way for new blood
( Brooks , Laurie , ?, ? , ?
clean out reserve grade by at least 6 players
extend , Staines , Blore , Steph
play Reilly at centre last 3 games next to Tao
put Staines on Nofo wing rest of season

Balance 2023 to ado List
Fanui Brothers singed ✅
Confirm Sezer 1 year plus 1 x option
Confirm Sullivan 3/4 year deal
Buy 2 centres
buy another 7
clean out first grade by at least 5 players , make way for new blood
( Brooks , Laurie , ?, ? , ?
clean out reserve grade by at least 6 players
extend , Staines , Blore , Steph
play Reilly at centre last 3 games next to Tao
put Staines on Nofo wing rest of season
If we confirm Sezer & Sullivan plus resign Staines. That's 30 of 30 spots taken.

We must release at least 3 players if not 4. Gotta be Simpkin, Ngatikaura, Mansfield & Nofoaluma.

Surely Simpkin & Ngatikaura get snapped up, there is a hooker shortage in the NRL & ESL.

Justin Olam should be a target & tall, athletic winger*.

2 x backs is all we need. Galvin fills the 4th half spot plus apparently Hawkins (Souths NSW Cup) has signed a train & trial with us.

Squad will be complete IMO.

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Olam/To'a
4. Tupou (gets the other centre spot for me)
5. * (as above)/Naden
6. Sullivan
7. Sezer
8. Utoiukamanu
9. Korosaui
10. Klemmer
11. Papalii
12. Blore
13. Bateman
14. L. Fainu/Matamua
15. Twal
16. Pole
17. S. Fainu
18. Galvin/Kepaoa/Doueihi (when fit)

He gets death-ridden in here, but Doueihi's return could ease some of the outside back issues.

I dont see him being a good choice here … he has got limited pace… I would like to see him going the other way into the forwards… but doubt he has the toughness…

Most likely option next year… depth… or break glass in case of emergency if both the young halves aren’t coming along…

Reading the posts since last night, 4 points from me:

Coaching - I think we need at least 2 strategic coaching changes. We need an assistant coach whose focus is player development especially those young players in the bottom 10 of the roster. This year we have struggled with the lack of progress in the likes of Matamua, Sione Fainu, Ngatakuira, Mansfield, Tumeth, Talau, Kepaoa, Tuki Simpkins & more, all have talent but for whatever reason haven’t shown much if any more than last year. This was something John Morris was renowned for at the Sharks. And I’d like us to reward/progress Robbie Mears to possibly Jersey Flegg coach. He was coach of our premiership Harold Matts team & has coached some rep teams since so would have a great rapport with our junior crop coming through & Latu Fainu.

Kit Laulilii - this kid could be our lynchpin. He is a leader on & off the field, an inspirational type who his team mates want to play with. He could be the glue in the retention of our many of our key pathways guys.

Daine Laurie - he’s not here next year so no point talking about what might have been. It seems Penrith is where his heart is so good luck to him. Sullivan & longer term Fainu & Galvin all will bring much more.

Off-Season Success - a successful off-season for us will be Fulton’s ability to offload Jake Simpkin, Nofa & Kepaoa from their contracts to another club. If we can offload all (or at least 2) will be crucial for any more recruitment & retention. Not sure if our club is into paying out contracts but Reilly & Ngatakuira will be on very shakey ground unless Sheens/Benji believe both can develop significantly in the pre-season. Hopefully @JB9918 is right & Super League could come calling for Rua.

Canberra are a waste of a finals spot.
They're the same standard as us. Swap Brooks for Wighton and we beat them every time.
They are a big physical side

Apart from that they really are crap

The emotion of Wighton leaving I think is helping them this year as he wants to leave with a premiership

They dominate at times like we do but fail to get points

They will slide big time next year with Wighton gone

Reactions: 851
You have to hand it to Ricky getting that steaming pile of players to the finals.
That's coach of the year stuff.

Staff online

Back