Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Reading the posts since last night, 4 points from me:

Coaching - I think we need at least 2 strategic coaching changes. We need an assistant coach whose focus is player development especially those young players in the bottom 10 of the roster. This year we have struggled with the lack of progress in the likes of Matamua, Sione Fainu, Ngatakuira, Mansfield, Tumeth, Talau, Kepaoa, Tuki Simpkins & more, all have talent but for whatever reason haven’t shown much if any more than last year. This was something John Morris was renowned for at the Sharks. And I’d like us to reward/progress Robbie Mears to possibly Jersey Flegg coach. He was coach of our premiership Harold Matts team & has coached some rep teams since so would have a great rapport with our junior crop coming through & Latu Fainu.

Kit Laulilii - this kid could be our lynchpin. He is a leader on & off the field, an inspirational type who his team mates want to play with. He could be the glue in the retention of our many of our key pathways guys.

Daine Laurie - he’s not here next year so no point talking about what might have been. It seems Penrith is where his heart is so good luck to him. Sullivan & longer term Fainu & Galvin all will bring much more.

Off-Season Success - a successful off-season for us will be Fulton’s ability to offload Jake Simpkin, Nofa & Kepaoa from their contracts to another club. If we can offload all (or at least 2) will be crucial for any more recruitment & retention. Not sure if our club is into paying out contracts but Reilly & Ngatakuira will be on very shakey ground unless Sheens/Benji believe both can develop significantly in the pre-season. Hopefully @JB9918 is right & Super League could come calling for Rua.

Canberra are a waste of a finals spot.
They're the same standard as us. Swap Brooks for Wighton and we beat them every time.
They are a big physical side

Apart from that they really are crap

The emotion of Wighton leaving I think is helping them this year as he wants to leave with a premiership

They dominate at times like we do but fail to get points

They will slide big time next year with Wighton gone

Reactions: 851
You have to hand it to Ricky getting that steaming pile of players to the finals.
That's coach of the year stuff.

Right after the Tigers move Bula to wing ?
He won’t be getting moved to the wing as he’s now in a position of power being one of our better players, but he’d be a good winger no doubt.
Do you think the Panthers would be a lesser team with Laurie playing 5/8 for them ?

When Cleary was out, Luai led the Panthers team around for wins. No chance in hell that Laurie can lead that team around without Cleary. Now ahead of C Walker as well. What next, NSW 5/8
He's played 2 average and one slightly above average games so obviously we can compare him to someone who's won premierships and played Origin.
Let's just declare him an immortal now.
I mean I've read some rubbish over the years but that's a finalist for the dumbarse award without doubt. (Not you but who you were responding to.)

He's played 2 average and one slightly above average games so obviously we can compare him to someone who's won premierships and played Origin.
Let's just declare him an immortal now.
I mean I've read some rubbish over the years but that's a finalist for the dumbarse award without doubt. (Not you but who you were responding to.)
You will see how it pans out with him playing in a quality team such as the Panthers.
3 games at 5/8 for us and easily in out top 3 players each time.
To do that, make multiple line breaks, multiple try assists in a team with no idea how to attack is exceptional.
Ivan Cleary is sitting back licking his lips knowing they will not miss a beat if Laurie replaces Luai at 5/8 in 2025 and knowing the money they save by not re-signing Luai will help them retain their quality roster.

Latest posts

Members online

Back