Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I’m no fan of AD in the halves , but how did he go from the guy you build your tam around as recently as last year , but more accurately the year before , to dead weight now ?
The answer ……. He didn’t . He was never the guy you build around as per the hype around him .. but he is definitely the guy you need in your team . He will be our best centre when he’s finally fit. He just needs to accept the role .
and learn to defend there
and learn to position himself there
and learn to hit holes
and look to set up his outside men
…actually, he’d be a shit centre.

and learn to defend there
and learn to position himself there
and learn to hit holes
and look to set up his outside men
…actually, he’d be a shit centre.
He’d need a fair bit of coaching into that position, and I certainly wouldn’t want to play outside him. Bit like Talau ignoring Tupou for a few games there.

Hard to describe mate, but it was part if a fairly long line of questioning from Emma Lawrence. In writing that line looks bad, but the flow of the questioning and how he answered I believe there was nothing in it.
Totally agree. In fact he stated that he didn’t want to be that guy that walked out in his first year- wants to be part of the clubs turnaround. Also stated that it was only rumours on social media and was just that “rumours”. I was actually heartened by the way he answered the questions and gives us WT some hope for improvement next year. GO TIGERS

We need to hire Gus for a few weeks to assist with moving players on.. He is the best in the business - some retire and forfeit like 600k , some quit the sport for 5k Boxing careers, some drop out of the top 30 to help promote other players, etc... Genius pure Genius

How can we be chasing 2-3 players when we only have 1 spot for 2024?
You are assuming we will not be letting anyone go. God I hope that’s not the case. In theory we can chase and sign (one way or another) up to 30. On the proviso we release everyone we have. Though thats not realistic, it would be common for most clubs to be chasing a few players most of the time. Some negotiations I am sure take time and things can quickly develop or change. Hence “rumours”.

Why does anyone care if Clune is slightly better or worse than Brooks? Brooks isn't our problem any more. We need MUCH better than Brooks, at least much more consistent.

Also Clune has come into a Knights team already firing and played 2 matches total. I guess you guys have all forgotten the previous 45 or so matches he played over the past few seasons, struggling to cement a spot at 2 clubs.

Clune has already been tested at a club just like Tigers, and failed. It's worth noting that Jayden Sullivan is coming under basically the same conditions, though he has played roughly half as many matches as Clune and is almost 22, whereas Clune is 28 years old.
1693302766334.png
Clune and Hunt look like they could be related

• Haha
Reactions: 851
Papali'i wasn’t re-signed by Parra because they didn’t want to play $600K for him. Since then they have up’s the contracts for Moses, Brown , Gutho, Penisini ect. They are going to struggle with the cap for a few years
This is the way I would always remind Ice , they didn’t want you at $ 600 k we did , you were not a priority to them until it was too late , , you were our priority , stay loyal and enjoy being part of the rise of the West Tigers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back