Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yes unfair of me to lump the pack into the same category as the backs. I’ve stated many times on here that the forwards are holding their own. I get carried away comparing the pack to the top sides.

And I agree we shouldn’t be wooden spooners.
Geez, hate to give any credit to anyone on NRL 360 but even Creepy Crawley was saying that Tigers and St.George were better than the Dogs and despite having more wins this season it was the Dogs that deserved the spoon.

How sweet that would be. Maybe there will
be some poetic justice after all for Gus and CC.
Perhaps Cameron is not the Messiah, he’s just a very naughty boy.

Seeming like some rare luck for us missing out on CC…

He will need to start well next season or he is goneski I reckon

I hope Moses isn't playing funny buggers with us with our junior players he has in his stable.

Chris Faagutu (Moses) debuted in NSW Cup a week before the Fainu brothers (Tartak) were signed to the Tigers and hasn't been given another opportunity in NSW Cup since.

Then Buzz has that rumour come out that an Australian schoolboy wants out of the Tigers given he has dropped down the halves pecking order. Some speculated this may be Galvin (Moses).

And Brandon Tumeth (Moses) got an NRL debut early this season but has spent most of the rest in Jersey Flegg.

I'm sure Benji/Sheens wouldn't play favourites out of manager stables but maybe a certain manager got his knickers in a knot over the whole Fulton/Fainu deals.

I hope Moses isn't playing funny buggers with us with our junior players he has in his stable.

Chris Faagutu (Moses) debuted in NSW Cup a week before the Fainu brothers (Tartak) were signed to the Tigers and hasn't been given another opportunity in NSW Cup since.

Then Buzz has that rumour come out that an Australian schoolboy wants out of the Tigers given he has dropped down the halves pecking order. Some speculated this may be Galvin (Moses).

And Brandon Tumeth (Moses) got an NRL debut early this season but has spent most of the rest in Jersey Flegg.

I'm sure Benji/Sheens wouldn't play favourites out of manager stables but maybe a certain manager got his knickers in a knot over the whole Fulton/Fainu deals.

It was aus school boy half.

I've heard mason the more likely departure.

Just manager talk atm.

Geez, hate to give any credit to anyone on NRL 360 but even Creepy Crawley was saying that Tigers and St.George were better than the Dogs and despite having more wins this season it was the Dogs that deserved the spoon.
I saw that! I do think that the tigers have a crack most games.

I hope we're looking very close at Penrith with there backline stocks through 2-4.

- Brian To'a
- Issak Tago
- Taylan May
- Sunia Turuva
- Jesse Mclean
- Tom Jenkins

All very capable players - personally I think there's a very very very quality footballer in Jesse Mclean who looks like he'll be the next star to come out of Penrith but find it hard to see who will make way for him.

It was aus school boy half.

I've heard mason the more likely departure.

Just manager talk atm.
Mason doesn't even have a contract next year at this point, so given Galvin is in the top 30 without even making his Flegg debut it makes plenty of sense.

Galvin has been on record multiple times saying how much he loves the club, so I've often had my doubts about him leaving. Mason has always been a half through his junior years, and while his move to fullback has been fairly successful, I don't think he'll hesitate to move elsewhere if someone offers him a spot in the halves. for mine I think he is a 14 in the Connor Watson mould. can play 1, 6, 7 and 13 and 9 at a pinch, but again if someone offers him a spot in his prefered position I do think he'll move on.

I hope we're looking very close at Penrith with there backline stocks through 2-4.

- Brian To'a
- Issak Tago
- Taylan May
- Sunia Turuva
- Jesse Mclean
- Tom Jenkins

All very capable players - personally I think there's a very very very quality footballer in Jesse Mclean who looks like he'll be the next star to come out of Penrith but find it hard to see who will make way for him.
To'o, Tago and McLean are all locked up long term, while May and Turuva are off contract at the end of 2024 and Jenkins is off contract this year.

Turuva's family connection with Koroisau should get us a seat at the table, but I'm not entirely sure we'd be able to coerce him to come over. May has Bulldogs written all over him. I like Jenkins but given the state of our roster at the minute we'd have to offload some players before bringing him in, plus I think there might be some better options out there we could chase for next year.

I think Benji/Fulton will be scouring for an experienced centre who can bust a tackle, good 1-on-1 defensively & overall defensively.

Looking at the stats on the Fox Sports Lab, nothing changes my mind that we will aggressively pursue Olam, Talakai or Tass & wouldn't surprise me if Suli is added to the hit list.

If T'oa is seen as our 1st choice right centre, Olam, Talakai, Tass & Suli all favour the left edge.

- Brian To'a
- Issak Tago
- Taylan May
- Sunia Turuva
- Jesse Mclean
- Tom Jenkins

Jenkins plays a very mature game for his experience and is big. I hope we go all out for him and Turuva.

I think Benji/Fulton will be scouring for an experienced centre who can bust a tackle, good 1-on-1 defensively & overall defensively.

Looking at the stats on the Fox Sports Lab, nothing changes my mind that we will aggressively pursue Olam, Talakai or Tass & wouldn't surprise me if Suli is added to the hit list.

If T'oa is seen as our 1st choice right centre, Olam, Talakai, Tass & Suli all favour the left edge.
I posted here a while ago that Suli was offered to us and is being shopped around by Flanagan - we said no and they're struggling to find suitors for him. (Tartak client I've come to realise)

I've heard first hand from a player within the top 30 when Suli was at the club that he was a locker room cancer and didn't take training seriously. He also wasn't a great team mate and without putting too much on the kid was not very liked by anyone in the squad. The club and players celebrated when Dogs took him from us..... which he was then moved on from within 6 months later to join Manly.... which he was then moved on later to the Dragons where he then publicly stated he never wanted to move to the club...... now Dragons are trying to get out of the deal with no real takers.... I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't wan't him back and think he'll end up in SL within the next 12 months.

Olam however, now you have my attention.

Latest posts

Back