Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I just hope they clean out of this year's roster 3 types that are using up our numbers
- a few who just don't have a footy brain
- a few that week after week lack effort and just stand there like turnstiles in the defensive line
- a few others that have been plodding around in cup for so long that you just know they are not up to Nrl level
We need to clean house and rebuild with some more aggressive recruiting
I'm willing to give Benji a bit of time to construct this finals bound roster and think John Morris is a big plus going forward

I just hope they clean out of this year's roster 3 types that are using up our numbers
- a few who just don't have a footy brain
- a few that week after week lack effort and just stand there like turnstiles in the defensive line
- a few others that have been plodding around in cup for so long that you just know they are not up to Nrl level
We need to clean house and rebuild with some more aggressive recruiting
I'm willing to give Benji a bit of time to construct this finals bound roster and think John Morris is a big plus going forward
You will have your answer in 10 months or less. Sleep easy.

Our defence was good?
In some ways it was - top 6 for least missed tackles, least ineffective tackles in the Comp. So yeah out tackling was good and that's a big part of defence. Now we let in points but that isn't purely down to what a defence coach is doing because we dropped balls in attack more then any other team, we couldn't score points all of which put more pressure on us. Also our defence was really solid when we kept a consistent team who trained together.

I think whatever Lee says i’m just gonna expect the opposite to happen from now on. It was literally as recent as yesterday he said the coaching staff for next season has been finalised & that included David Furner.
I just mentioned the same . Surely Lee H can’t be that removed from not knowing the true situation.

Furner was tipped to go when Sheens was moved on . Probably end up Souths who have lost 2 assistants this year .

Ryan Carr from Saints was linked to here recently

NRL 2023: Ryan Carr emerges as surprise target to help rebuild Benji Marshall’s Wests Tigers​

Wests Tigers are in the midst of revamping their coaching staff – and while John Morris is on their radar, another surprise option could be brought in to help Benji Marshall.

Michael Carayannis and David Riccio

August 20, 2023 - 12:00PM

Former Tigers player John Morris looms as the Tigers’ top target but they want to add more than just one person to their coaching set up.

That has left the club discussing the potential of making a play for Carr who has impressed since taking on the Dragons following Anthony Griffin’s sacking earlier this season.

Carr still has a year to left on his Dragons contract and was expected to be part of Shane Flanagan’s coaching staff at the club next year. However, Flanagan has brought in Dean Young to be his senior assistant.

Carr, who played lower grades at the Tigers, is close to Morris after assisting Morris when he was Cronulla’s under-20s coach.

Reactions: 851
Back