Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Umm....

On a lateral sweep, two things, and minor variations of those two things, contribute to the effectiveness of edge defence;

i) Can the sliding defence mitigate the speed of the half/fullback's speed to outside of his man?

Or

ii) Can an up and in defence kink the sweep through jamming, by shutting down the half (early jam) or centre /fb (late jam)?

A collapsing middle can lead to a number shortage out wide, but this is generally accumulative over a set, rather than a measure of effectiveness of an edge for a particular play.
True but it certainly helps when you have your middles positioned on the correct side of the ruck providing the right amount of cover to your edges enabling your your 3 and 2 men to have confidence that their inside is protected.

We could do a lot worse than adding Faitala Mariner as a forward rotation option for a year. A few good lock types coming through in Lualili'i & Fa'agutu but very little experienced options outside of our starters. Faitala Mariner plays every forward role but hooker, so covers a lot of sins when required.
I am a bit of a Faitala Mariner fan. If only he could have a good run with injuries he would be nice pick-up. Need to offload
either or both of Twal and Seyfath.

just glossing over the last 3 pages,quietyly happy with the Kids n Benji taking over,no need 2 do a deal with Gus,buy has beens as Olman,Gaggi

You are the most negative boring person ive ever come across
I know right. Benji has the dream job. Club coming off two spoons, complete incompetents running the club, 3 home grounds, contracted players flirting with the idea of heading out the door, have signed no one of note for 2024. What’s to be negative about?

We could do a lot worse than adding Faitala Mariner as a forward rotation option for a year. A few good lock types coming through in Lualili'i & Fa'agutu but very little experienced options outside of our starters. Faitala Mariner plays every forward role but hooker, so covers a lot of sins when required.
As long as his headspace is good.

The good thing now is, with four teams out of the finals race, the signings as a result of our aggressive recruitment drive should start to materialise or maybe Lee was just telling porkies again

Maybe we're following the Phil Gould approach:
https://twitter.com/PhilGould15

"We will talk more about these things after the Grand Final. Let this season end. Patience. We will all know soon enough."

Reactions: BZN
The good thing now is, with four teams out of the finals race, the signings as a result of our aggressive recruitment drive should start to materialise or maybe Lee was just telling porkies again
9 Footy show repotting Heighnton appointed as assistant coach. Better than Furner? Me thinks not.

9 Footy show repotting Heighnton appointed as assistant coach. Better than Furner? Me thinks not.
I’m ok with this , we need to try different approach , this is going to be a very inexperienced team but maybe we surprise a few , Morris has nrl experience , Sheens was yesteryear , Chris again Been around and not that long retired same for Marshal , could be just the trick

We need to get hot pink T Shirt's with Little Man Lee's face on it with the slogan ..We Believe in the Little Man ...

And on the back printed..

He don't lie he don't back stab

Getting the band back together. I won't be surprised if Mark O'Neill is appointed GM Football, Brett Hodgson Asst Coach (after RWC) and Farah moves into a position supporting Buckets.

Latest posts

Back