Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Called for him to be in the team from early in the year , never got a decent shot at proving himself until end of season , guy can play just needed to be given a go instead we stuck with crap players in poor form , guy is a keeper

Called for him to be in the team from early in the year , never got a decent shot at proving himself until end of season , guy can play just needed to be given a go instead we stuck with crap players in poor form , guy is a keeper
Totally agree, never given a chance, played in a number of positions and never allowed to settle in. Poor coach identifying his qualities. Glad that coach is gone. They need to show more faith in him and for Gods sake coach him. We need centres who can read a game and pass a ball, not meat heads that can only run straight and still think they can run over the top of opposition centres.

To
Absolutely, but that’s taking this conversation in a completely other direction. The Warriors when they stood down Nathan Brown got on the front foot and made the exact same statement as Lee and Pascoe in terms of no longer accepting Mediocrity. They conducted a world wide search and ended up no further than the edge of Sydney. It’s worked out so far for them. Good on them.

Never given a fair go. Never new what position he would get from week to week. I blame the coach who persisted with meat heads who could only run straight (and not too fast either) and thought they could just run over the top of the opposition centres. And never pass to the winger!
It's not like that in first grade, they can tackle.
You need a more expansive game to succeed. Step, pass, look for gaps, creative plays.
With some recognition and coaching I think he will be one of our centres 2024.

Reilly showed ability.

But, it's been this 'written in stone' belief of so many young players coming through the ranks that has bitten the club over & over.

Reilly might turn out good. But, until he EARNS that role, he must have decent competition to beat out. The club needs 2 guys, wingers, centres or a combination of both, to make Tupou, To'a, Reilly etc WIN their starting positions. Not just get them because there's not much else.

Momorovski, Hymel Hunt, Corey Allen...these guys fit. Good enough to hold the spot. Not so good that they block the path of the young talent coming through. It makes the club depth that much better if your top line guys are not just handed a position.

A lot of people predicting brooks will be good at Manly. I don't see it. His issue is decision making and reading the game. He also is inconsistent in both kicking and passing. He rarely throws a cut out pass, and somehow always takes the wrong option on short balls to forwards or passing to the backline. You just can't hide those things.

Personally, I think Arthurs is a much better foil to DCE. Smart player with good kicking and passing. I don't understand what manly is doing.

I'm also loving the DCE defending brooks headlines and brooks talking about the fresh start over there. So glad we don't have to put up with them. Remember Owen craigie's perpetual offseason headlines about weight loss and reform? Can't wait for brooks to just be 'enjoying his football' and being 'freed up to play my game' and loving the 'lack of pressure'. Such a weak attitude, the guy hates grit.
Omg 😳 absolutely all of this 👆. Every word, it’s exactly what anyone that can understands what Brooks lacks had Ben saying for years… it’s so blatant and it’s what really worried me this year with sheens going with brooks again.. like if sheens cannot see this problem with Brooks game he either hasn’t even watched his career or doesn’t care about any of it… either way it was ominous for the footy team this year

leave admin to Robbie??? Seriously? He has zero experience in league admin. None.

Our club's administration is not the place for a rookie to learn the ropes, especially someone who get's so many people offside. He has to demonstrate that he both has the skills and the temperament for a job like that. He's still too immature, picking fights with people. He 'should' be a long way off our list of priorities.
Look, I think Admin is the wrong job for Robbie Farah. But Farah could do it.
Yes he is inexperienced. Except 10 years of the Wests tigers, of knowing what tape/supplies to order and what to bring for a game.

I wouldn't put him in Adminstration but Business development with a really good mentor.

Rua,

Went from rising star to on the scrap heap real quick.
Had 1 good trial game in 2022 and everyone was talking about him being the next Steve Walters. Trial game in 2023 was very average. Never kicked on for whatever reason. Having Api and Jake is a bit of a road block. Dude will be 27 or 28 before Api leaves.

If Sullivan doesn't work out I would go hard for Luai to play halfback.

Luai will be off the market by the time we work out yeah or nah on Sully.

Makes zero sense to have the stockpile of junior quality halves in our ranks and then sign Luai also for 25 on a multi year deal unless we don’t have confidence in those players.

Pivot that money into some quality backs / lock / damaging backrower.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back