Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Surely it’s a higher chance of either Fainu, Galvin or Large becoming an NRL superstar than paying massive money to sign Luai and hoping he would come to Wests Tigers with the right motivation, drive and hunger to help make us an NRL force.
No doubt Luai at his best is a brilliant player, I just think it’s highly likely he would be very unmotivated if he left the Panthers.
Api seems motivated
Luai seems a competitor to me plus he’s got 5+ good years when he arrives he’ll be 27

Api seems motivated
Luai seems a competitor to me plus he’s got 5+ good years when he arrives he’ll be 27
API appears to be much more switched on type of person than what Luai is.
I think it will hurt us much more long term if we lose any of Fainu, Galvin or Large.
We need to keep our own, be patient and let them grow into the immensely talented NRL players they promise to be.

Waqa Blake still hasn't been picked up by an NRL club. We should make a big offer just to make sure no one else beats us to his signature. He is a beast under the high ball; in defence he always makes the right decision; and he rarely makes errors.

Parramatta are definitely making a mistake leaving him in reserve grade. He's totally not there for a good reason. We can sneak under their noses and turn him into the best centre in first grade. I know it didn't work out with BJ Leilua and James Roberts, but this time it'll work. I'm telling you man.

I cannot believe people are against the Justin Olam and Shawn Blore swap. Blore has been injured for most of his time here & I think is overrated while Olam was one the best centres
in the game not that long ago. We need centres more than any other position & people on here are against signing a quality centre unbelievable

Waqa Blake still hasn't been picked up by an NRL club. We should make a big offer just to make sure no one else beats us to his signature. He is a beast under the high ball; in defence he always makes the right decision; and he rarely makes errors.

Parramatta are definitely making a mistake leaving him in reserve grade. He's totally not there for a good reason. We can sneak under their noses and turn him into the best centre in first grade. I know it didn't work out with BJ Leilua and James Roberts, but this time it'll work. I'm telling you man.
I obviously live a poor existence
You’ve made my day
Think you should of put it in the joke thread where it belongs though

Where Would that leave Staines?
With Olam in the centers.
Look I like Staines, Yet we did not see a 'gun' from him at Centers. I think he has the potential to be an all round upgrade on Starford...

Olam means we get a strong flank defender and can shutdown 1 side as an option for attack. Not saying we shouldn't try to keep Staines, but none of our backrow should feel comfortable bar Bula.

I cannot believe people are against the Justin Olam and Shawn Blore swap. Blore has been injured for most of his time here & I think is overrated while Olam was one the best centres
in the game not that long ago
. We need centres more than any other position & people on here are against signing a quality centre unbelievable

Olam was one of the best centres in the game not that long ago, but then so were James Roberts and B J Leilua.

Yes we need centres but there is just something not quite right about Olam falling out of favour at the Storm, if he ends up here I will be happy to be proved wrong but definitely don't want to lose Blore in order to get him.

Heard Luai stuff all before with Moses just last year. Will probably drag on until round 1 and end the same way.
Moses was never coming, just using us for $$$.

I find the Luai link more likely as the riff can only pay 800k a year, if the rumour is we are offering 1.3-1.4 million thats 2 million over 4 years to turn down and he can still live out in Western Sydney. Money talks he was won 3 premierships and has seen Api, Burton, Crighton, Kikau all go take paydays

in the game not that long ago. We need centres more than any other position & people on here are against signing a quality centre unbelievable
I guess the difference of opinion ultimately comes down to how you rate Blore. I rate him highly and am not overly concerned with young players having an injury history unless it is repeats of the same injury.
I agree with needing a centre more than any other position and that Olam was one of the better
centres not that long ago.
However, i dont think Olam is likely to return to his previous form. I dont think he will be good enough to improve results. I think we would be better off looking elsewhere for a centre and retaining Blore.

It would be so Wests Tigers to have a great plan in place with some of the best young halves going around already in the system and then self sabotage it by signing Luai as a free agent and making him the highest paid player in the game. The thought process in the club befuddles me. Are we developing or going after big signings? The pressure to win/not get fired does funny things to decision making.

It would be so Wests Tigers to have a great plan in place with some of the best young halves going around already in the system and then self sabotage it by signing Luai as a free agent and making him the highest paid player in the game. The thought process in the club befuddles me. Are we developing or going after big signings? The pressure to win/not get fired does funny things to decision making.

Only way it works is as a 7.

Go to Emergency and get yourself checked out

Hang on; there's a rumor that a player, currently 26, who plays in the halves, has 3 premiership rings and has played 7 Origins, could be a realistic target for the club, yet people are not a fan of the idea...

Have I got that correct?

Oh dear.

Last edited:
Hang on; there's a rumor that a player, currently 26, who plays in the halves, has 3 premiership rings and has played 7 origins, could be a realistic target for the club, yet people are not a fan of the idea...

Have I got that correct?

Oh dear.
100% yes.

Back