Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I really like this guy. One of the better Dogs signings. He is good
Hes the type of player we should be signing, who ever is in charge needs to explain what the hell is are end game , our squad is no better than last year and will more than likely give us another spoon

My reputation will be in tatters if that’s the case 🤡

I stick by what I’ve heard

Who knows? Luai probably does I guess

Feels like the Penrith notional increase leak is pushing this to a quick conclusion so hopefully we know soon
Luai signing with a management team doesn't necessarily mean he wants to leave. He's just trying to make the most of his "brand". Contract negotiation comes into the deal once every 3 or 4 years. It's the ongoing value that a good agent can add that sets a player up. Luai would be looking to cash in on his popularity with his fanbase, his Samoan heritage, his singing.... life after footy. He's a personable sort of bloke and if he finishes his career with 4 or 5 premierships, a few SOO and international appearances, he'd have a few things lined up once he's done. A legacy is a valuable thing, I don't think he'll leave Penrith.

Hes the type of player we should be signing, who ever is in charge needs to explain what the hell is are end game , our squad is no better than last year and will more than likely give us another spoon
Thank god your not in charge signing Curran does nothing but block the pathway of players like Blore, Miller, Laulilii, Fa’agutu, Matamua

Luai signing with a management team doesn't necessarily mean he wants to leave. He's just trying to make the most of his "brand". Contract negotiation comes into the deal once every 3 or 4 years. It's the ongoing value that a good agent can add that sets a player up. Luai would be looking to cash in on his popularity with his fanbase, his Samoan heritage, his singing.... life after footy. He's a personable sort of bloke and if he finishes his career with 4 or 5 premierships, a few SOO and international appearances, he'd have a few things lined up once he's done. A legacy is a valuable thing, I don't think he'll leave Penrith.
So instead of taking the 850k he is gonna sign a manger still only get 850 and lose whatever the managers cut is ???

Josh Curran signs with the Bulldogs
Curran is a highly rated well deserved player that performs to a standard, then to join a club that performs way below his normal standard. We'll see how long he lasts before he wants out.

The Newcastle Knights have joined the hunt for Josh Addo-Carr following revelations the Bulldogs winger has caught the eye of Parramatta.

Newcastle have also expressed interest in the NSW and Australia representative as a replacement for the Sydney Roosters-bound Dominic Young. Wests Tigers and the Dragons are also monitoring the situation closely.

The prospect of a swap of Eels forward Ryan Matterson for Addo-Carr was floated, but is unlikely to eventuate. Canterbury haven’t ruled out a player exchange, but their focus is on signing a front-rower rather than a back-rower. Parramatta would have to release a player to make the deal happen.

The Bulldogs have previously shown interest in the Saifiti brothers, but Newcastle won’t entertain a swap deal for either of their middle enforcers.

Daniel Saifiti is contracted until the end of 2026 on a deal worth about $900,000 a season. Jacob, who is in the Maldives on his honeymoon, is due to become a free agent on November 1, but is mulling over a lucrative contract extension on the table at the Knights. (DT)

Reactions: 851
Back