Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Ability to receive the ball as a second receiver at high speed to either make a line break himself or make the extra man to create an overlap and select the right pass to assist in line breaks or tries.
Basically do what all the other top class fullbacks do.
I’m optimistic he will be where we need him to be by round 1 2024, but I agree with others that we need at least one other player to apply pressure to the fullback spot as not many young players consistently play at their best without solid pressure on their position.
Who was it that was going to pass him the ball at second receiver? He was always there, it just didn't happen.
A couple of decent halves will make all the difference.

When he shows mongrel on the field, you will have a point.
So far, he is showing he is every bit the deadshit his jailbird brother is.
Parents doing a bang up job raising these guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
When did I say he didn’t ? Here you go again wasting oxygen . There’s “Bula is ordinary” comments every other post lately . People moving him to centre BEFORE Paps got brought up . Like I said goldfish .
There’s your chip again champ . RAAAGGGGGEEEEEE! lol go meditate you lunatic .
Only one pussy screaming here son.

Bula is killing it at fullback could be a generational talent, re-signed on decent money to be our long term fullback solution. Arguably we havent had a replacement for Teddy since Bula came on the scene. You don't move one of your best players to accommodate a very injury prone Paps.

Will he be effective at wing or centre? He's still learning his craft at fullback, imagine how good he can be if he's allowed to develop further in that position. There's plenty of other's in the backline that need a rocket or shuffling around and people want to move the one piece that's been outstanding. I really don't get the logic and im not having a go at you either, i know you've explained your reasonings but i disagree.
Agreed. Bula is our best player.

Hard no for Paps. He’s busted.

He’d certainly learn the art of side stepping trying to jog down Burwood Road! 😂

Every tiger that's lost their license has made
the walk of shame down burwood road..
Nofa use to do the train & walk b4 the Ferrari.
Suli didn't have his license and use to train it too

Get him with the guru sprint trainer. Bula puts on an extra metre or so in the 100, then he’s a real handful! Speed is invaluable.
Get them all with a sprint trainer, speed is king and we got none. Imagine Toa or even Twal with an extra yard of pace. Not everyone is going to improve their top speed massively but everyone can and should be improving their 20m sprints. Footy is made up of short sprints, to cover a tackle, or break a line, get to a loose ball first. I remember qld flogging us one year, (to many to remember what year but maybe when Fatty coached em) and they were all over us and the ball. Afterwards they were talking about how they trained short sprint comps to get the ball first and how it improved speed and fight for the ball attitude. If you can make such a difference in the time of a three game comp then a whole offseason should get these guys sorted.

Well he’s just bought a house directly opposite the Leagues club over the river at Leonay so there is not just money involved.
I’m sure he and his wife have lots of friends in the Penrith region.
A lot of driving to and from Concord.
I’ll take a punt and say he won’t leave the Panthers.
Rent it out and buy another one in leichhardt.. 1.4m x 5 should get a nice granny flat

some outside coaching in all positions would help,thought thats bn going on across the comp for at least a decade never our name mentioned,yet where flushed with funds?

Trade Stefano for Spencer Leniu! Who’s with me?
Yep let’s trade our starting prop for a bench impact player and put pole out of a job

What’s with all the stefano hats on here? He is still young and is gonna get better the longer he plays was one of our best in 2021 had injurys in 22 and although he started slow by the end of 23 I thought he was one of our best

Very few fullbacks look good behind beaten squads if any thing they get exposed more than any other player.. Bula has rolled the dice with his career by committing to the club as much as the club has in backing him. He has ability, but we need more than him to improve as a team, and to reach his potential he will need some others to improve with him.

Back