Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

At very least we have lanced the boil in the halves where they just could not get it right and get the ball from the forwards to the backs or vice-versa. Old players out, new players in- hopefully an improvement,
If you think our halves problems are solved, you are in for a shock.

All these signings and we are stuck with last years wooden spoon squad (ex-Brooks) and an upgrade of a few 18 year olds to top 30 contracts. Trying to remain optimistic....
It feels like were struggling to actually RETAIN the same players who got us the spoon,and not adding much apart from a couple of unproven halves..whereas most other teams are building...

Don't feel we have really strengthened any position - filled/ replaced one - after last season unlike most teams who have either retained who they needed to maintain their place, or added players to improve. There will have to be some individuals who work on improving their game over the off season or I can't see us making any impact from our current position. We are only a couple of injuries away from being below FG standard.

One week until November 1 and no news yet on extensions for Junior Tupou, Stefano Utoikamanu & Shaun Blore. Hoping we lock all 3 away until 2026.
Stefano is already signed until end of 2025. Why would we extend him for 1 year just now?

If there is any substance to this, I would think it's only likely Euan Aitken or Jack Bostock.

Aitken - as a bench utility if AJ Kepaoa departs the only way this could possibly happen.

Bostock - would be our best result if the kid has massive home sickness but we'd have to trade someone of good value I'd suspect.
I wouldn't describe either as a shock but this is the same press who called that Magpies fringe junior a Wests Tigers star.

If it turned out to be the Hammer I'd have to take the week off work...

Stefano is already signed until end of 2025. Why would we extend him for 1 year just now?
The 2025 season is a mutual option with a clause that if we miss finals in 2024, his contract can be voided for ‘25.

He’s indicated he’d like to re-sign but the 2025 season isn’t locked in yet.

Reactions: 851
I really like this guy. One of the better Dogs signings. He is good
Hes the type of player we should be signing, who ever is in charge needs to explain what the hell is are end game , our squad is no better than last year and will more than likely give us another spoon

Latest posts

Back