Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Does anyone know much about this new 10-day period where a current club can try and convince the player to stay.
I want to know if this gets out to media or is this quite until the 10 days are up and announced etc..
Seems like a pointless endeavour. Players take months to decide if they are going to change clubs, then once they do, what is going to change in the 10 days after the decision is made.

Does anyone know much about this new 10-day period where a current club can try and convince the player to stay.
I want to know if this gets out to media or is this quite until the 10 days are up and announced etc..
supposedly gives the contracted club of player, to raise an origanal lowball offer ,as 1 last attempt to keep said player

Sullivan is ready to call the shots at the Tigers. At just 22 years of age, and with only 27 NRL appearances, Tigers coach Benji Marshall wants to hand the former Dragons playmaker the keys to the team from his first day of preseason training on Monday. "Benji just pretty much told me straight up, he just wants me to come and own the team and make my mark,” Sullivan said. “I feel like that’s when I’ll play my best footy, when I have ownership and a bigger responsibility.”

Sounds like Sullivan is going to be number 7, which probably makes Fainu number 6 and Sezer back up for both.

Sullivan is ready to call the shots at the Tigers. At just 22 years of age, and with only 27 NRL appearances, Tigers coach Benji Marshall wants to hand the former Dragons playmaker the keys to the team from his first day of preseason training on Monday. "Benji just pretty much told me straight up, he just wants me to come and own the team and make my mark,” Sullivan said. “I feel like that’s when I’ll play my best footy, when I have ownership and a bigger responsibility.”

Sounds like Sullivan is going to be number 7, which probably makes Fainu number 6 and Sezer back up for both.
Sounds like the yearly Brooks article rehashed, let’s hope it means something this time.

I can’t see Fainu starting. No way will they be the starting halves. Sezer will partner Sullivan to start.

#13 for mine.

Plays a role we've lacked for too long.
Perfect link man, playing like Yeo - but more aggressive.

Pushing Twal and Pole to the bench, into the prop rotation, where they also offer their most impact.
He doesn't pack enough punch in attack or defence to play lock. Doesn't have the ball skills either.

He's a backup player, not top 17 level

Last edited:
I agree Pole isn’t a 13 he’s a bench Prop I just don’t know if Seyfarth can take on the 13 full time. It is our weakest position in the forward pack.
I think the 13 will be vital for us. I can see Sezer playing one side of the ruck and controlling his side. I am not sure either Fain or Sullivan are either experienced enough or are those style of players. From what I have seen of them they are runners and not organisers. Seyfarth (or Matamua) may need to play a link role and straighten the attack allowing Sullivan/Fainu more space.

Yep, that tracks with the type of decisions made out of concord recently.
The proven first grader has been bought as backup…morons.

Latest posts

Members online

Back