Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Make a play at fifita, move Bateman to 13 and
have Pole as a bench prop. Sign Luai too, and
then we'll start making waves. I'd offer Curtis
Scott a T&T contract, good article up on DT
don’t need forwards at the minute. could make a case for Fifita in the backrow pending if we offer up Papali’i in a swap for AFB, but I think he’s pretty unlikely to leave the GC.

there’s a stack of players that have played Cup at the minimum in the last few years that would be worth a part time contract. Curtis Scott has been playing local A Grade. best of luck to him but not one for WT. next.

there’s a stack of players that have played Cup at the minimum in the last few years that would be worth a part time contract. Curtis Scott has been playing local A Grade. best of luck to him but not one for WT. next.

I agree to a degree, but T&T doesn't hurt mate.
Also agree we need more backs. A guy like AFB
or Fifita goes on the market you make a play

Penrith, Parra… was he at the Titans?

We’ve been the least fit team in the comp for the last however many years - good riddance for mine (magic dust and all)

Still burns me when I read Liddle say last year when he got to the Dragons he couldn’t believe how fit the squad was… doesn’t say much for ours - when they’re only 2 wins a season better than us.
Woods going to the Dogs and they’re telling him how soft he is at weights…

our blokes say NRL is hard work - I get the feeling no one that’s been here in the last 10 years knows what work is… and it’s maybe not entirely their fault?
I didn't know Liddle said that but, if true, it's a poor reflection on our club. Can't also understand how we'd be unfit under Maguire. Wasn't he a tough coach?

That's interesting.

I actually value Naden on the Wing. We need a winger who won't give away too many tries and we saw Naden play wing at the Dogs.

But yes Bula may have second year syndrome and we should have some kind of backup option at Fullback. Assuming Staines not signed, we have Sullivan + Sezer in the halves, at a stretch Latu could go fullback and that experience I reckon would be good for his development. ... Totally recognise it's a huge stretch, that's what I would do though for Latu's long term development.

I am far more concerned re Wing and Center. We need to develop defensive combinations and have people trust our defensive structure.... The problem: no defensive structure at all.

Naden at the bulldogs was terrible just like this seasons form. He cost the team more than it was worth and wanted the easy path out to continue playing nrl.

I would be surprised if we are talking positively about him at the end of next season.

Penrith, Parra… was he at the Titans?

We’ve been the least fit team in the comp for the last however many years - good riddance for mine (magic dust and all)

Still burns me when I read Liddle say last year when he got to the Dragons he couldn’t believe how fit the squad was… doesn’t say much for ours - when they’re only 2 wins a season better than us.
Woods going to the Dogs and they’re telling him how soft he is at weights…

our blokes say NRL is hard work - I get the feeling no one that’s been here in the last 10 years knows what work is… and it’s maybe not entirely their fault?
Ronnie wasn't WT head trainer though, just part of the team. I think 24 years at the Roosters and however many for SOO might be a better indication of his worth.

Just on the Ronnie Palmer situation. He was having his role reduced over the last 12 months. He was offered a role with our elite juniors. Not sure if he took up the opportunity or not. Typical media giving it to us again though.
The unbelievable headline i first saw was..
“Tigers ruthlessly sack rugby league icon”
- then in the article you read that he was advised that his contract was not going to be renewed.
Any slant to make the club look bad- its pathetic really!

Make a play at fifita, move Bateman to 13 and
have Pole as a bench prop. Sign Luai too, and
then we'll start making waves. I'd offer Curtis
Scott a T&T contract, good article up on DT
Why does everyone say move Bateman to 13.

Bateman prefers to do an edge attack. He did seem better on the edge. Ofcourse all this year we were playing it wide, so maybe if we run the middle then Bateman to 13 makes sense. I still think he is better on the edge and forming combinations with those on that edge.

Latest posts

Back