Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Penrith, Parra… was he at the Titans?

We’ve been the least fit team in the comp for the last however many years - good riddance for mine (magic dust and all)

Still burns me when I read Liddle say last year when he got to the Dragons he couldn’t believe how fit the squad was… doesn’t say much for ours - when they’re only 2 wins a season better than us.
Woods going to the Dogs and they’re telling him how soft he is at weights…

our blokes say NRL is hard work - I get the feeling no one that’s been here in the last 10 years knows what work is… and it’s maybe not entirely their fault?
Ronnie wasn't WT head trainer though, just part of the team. I think 24 years at the Roosters and however many for SOO might be a better indication of his worth.

Just on the Ronnie Palmer situation. He was having his role reduced over the last 12 months. He was offered a role with our elite juniors. Not sure if he took up the opportunity or not. Typical media giving it to us again though.
The unbelievable headline i first saw was..
“Tigers ruthlessly sack rugby league icon”
- then in the article you read that he was advised that his contract was not going to be renewed.
Any slant to make the club look bad- its pathetic really!

Make a play at fifita, move Bateman to 13 and
have Pole as a bench prop. Sign Luai too, and
then we'll start making waves. I'd offer Curtis
Scott a T&T contract, good article up on DT
Why does everyone say move Bateman to 13.

Bateman prefers to do an edge attack. He did seem better on the edge. Ofcourse all this year we were playing it wide, so maybe if we run the middle then Bateman to 13 makes sense. I still think he is better on the edge and forming combinations with those on that edge.

How many games we gone neck and neck with the opposition for the first 20 minutes, only to get dominated for the last 60…
Man I remember us Levelling with Cronulla in the first half.
Second half we are totally gassed.

Ronnie, time for you to go. You have been here since Ivan and quite frankly we have tanked in physical fitness since Ivan.

Why does everyone say move Bateman to 13.

Bateman prefers to do an edge attack. He did seem better on the edge. Ofcourse all this year we were playing it wide, so maybe if we run the middle then Bateman to 13 makes sense. I still think he is better on the edge and forming combinations with those on that edge.

Don't think you're wrong CC...just saw some
things I liked from him there in terms of ball
playing ability. Also, think Pole is more suited
in the middle. If we got Fifita it would be a no
brainer obviously. I'm playing fantasy footy lol

Anyone else seriously worried about our fullback depth. With Staines not signed, if anything happens to Bula we are looking at Toa filling in. I don’t even see who we have to play fullback in cup. Massive risk going into the season unless we have something up our sleeve.
Asu Kepaoa used to play fullback and can fill any spot in the 17 to a tidy standard. Can't believe the club are getting rid of him. This will blow up in our face just like when we let Matt Eisenhuth go. This is the last straw for Pascoe. He surely cannot survive this PR disaster.

He's 73 to put things in perspective. I like him
too, but characters like Palmer find it hard to
hang it up. Can't expect a 73 year old to run round
with and condition 18-20+ years olds the whole
year, it's a bit silly. What's more silly is how we're
being painted as the bad guys (again) for not
renewing his contract. Would love to see him
retire and spend more time with his family. Good
luck silver fox, been a staple and icon in the game
Good bloke, but the game has moved on. He was never a Tigers or Magpies man. Maybe Nick might give him another job.

Latest posts

Back