Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Unlike you to have a problem for the sake of having a problem?

He's been let go from plenty of places in the last decade - Didn't get a send off there either.
None of the headlines are bigging the club up for keeping him in the game for a few more years after he was punted everywhere else...

50 Years is a long time, He didn't reach double digits here though...
You say gave the code 50 yrs service like he wasn't paid for it,
And he did it all at the one club?
Well after 37 years working at a company and then let go, at least i got a cake!!!

Most clubs would celebrate a guy who gave the code 50 plus years service. Not our guys, only worried about their next pay check.
Why is it the tigers that are the only club expected to go above and beyond with all this fluffy stuff? I’ve never seen news articles about other clubs celebrating trainers careers. No one else cares. This is just self sabotaging. The people who bring it up or comment in the media have agendas.

He wasn’t let go. It’s not like he was sacked half way though a contract again after suing the club the first time 🤦🏼‍♂️ His contract wasn’t renewed. Part of life. Just move on and start winning.

Pages of arguments over the fricken trainer ..

no new players coming though ..
Unless/until we hear of some players being moved on I don't think there is much hope of new signings. Even if one were moved on it seems likely Staines, not someone new, will take the spot.

Sure there is players we could target for 25 but most years you could count on one hand the players who sign with another club a year out. So again such signings seem unlikely.

I think there's a lot of player movement to go before the squad settles. some swapping and shopping to be done for sure.

I reckon they'll be some movements as well. I have no idea if they'll be good movements but I assume there will be some changes prior to the season starting.

Pages of arguments over the fricken trainer ..

no new players coming though ..
I'd say we'll be hearing about plenty of signings for '25 and contract extensions from later this week now the NRL has got its big draw announcement out of the way.

Remember the new 10-day rule is in where current club has 10 days to re-negotiate once a player has agreed to a contract with another club. So really if a player agrees to a contract on 1 Nov, we won't hear about it until 2 weeks later.

Could be... Doubtful though!!
Enlighten us all, What are we losing?

I'll kick it off for you,
A 73 yr old bloke who's shown no evident contribution in his time here (Unless you're counting the glitter)
that no other club wanted around 6 years ago when we gave him a job.

Are we all ageists and dismiss Bennett (73 yrs), Politis (81 yrs) and Gould (65 yrs) as has beens,
or are we just hypocrites?🤔

I think there's a lot of player movement to go before the squad settles. some swapping and shopping to be done for sure.
Even if that happened, the players coming in won’t be an improvement on what we already have.

Staff online

Back