Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I think there's a lot of player movement to go before the squad settles. some swapping and shopping to be done for sure.

I reckon they'll be some movements as well. I have no idea if they'll be good movements but I assume there will be some changes prior to the season starting.

Pages of arguments over the fricken trainer ..

no new players coming though ..
I'd say we'll be hearing about plenty of signings for '25 and contract extensions from later this week now the NRL has got its big draw announcement out of the way.

Remember the new 10-day rule is in where current club has 10 days to re-negotiate once a player has agreed to a contract with another club. So really if a player agrees to a contract on 1 Nov, we won't hear about it until 2 weeks later.

Could be... Doubtful though!!
Enlighten us all, What are we losing?

I'll kick it off for you,
A 73 yr old bloke who's shown no evident contribution in his time here (Unless you're counting the glitter)
that no other club wanted around 6 years ago when we gave him a job.

Are we all ageists and dismiss Bennett (73 yrs), Politis (81 yrs) and Gould (65 yrs) as has beens,
or are we just hypocrites?🤔

I think there's a lot of player movement to go before the squad settles. some swapping and shopping to be done for sure.
Even if that happened, the players coming in won’t be an improvement on what we already have.

Unless/until we hear of some players being moved on I don't think there is much hope of new signings. Even if one were moved on it seems likely Staines, not someone new, will take the spot.

Sure there is players we could target for 25 but most years you could count on one hand the players who sign with another club a year out. So again such signings seem unlikely.
Even players moving on isn't a guarantee. Remember when Jofa left??

Alot is being generous.

At best can only see 2 (blore/jake) leaving but even then 1 to go would be for Staines so really it’s only 1 probably moving on.

If they can do some salary cap hoodo on AD maybe a 3rd but that’s a struggle.

Most clubs just won’t touch our players that we don’t want any more.

Alot is being generous.

At best can only see 2 (blore/jake) leaving but even then 1 to go would be for Staines so really it’s only 1 probably moving on.

In the past we could flick a dud or two down to the Gong, now peppy Flanagan is down there that avenue is closed. I guess our only chance is ESL takes flipper and a few of his mates

Alot is being generous.

I do think that if we offer to pay half of his freight that a club would take a punt on Nofoaluma, but that's not to say it'll happen.

@kade7 had some mail regarding Tumeth being shopped, but he might be able to shed more light on that. Kepaoa could be offered up somewhere potentially. Doueihi as you say is a possibility but I'm not entirely sure given his injury status. Reilly was reportedly being shopped around as per the DT. there might be a little more going on than we anticipate.

I do think that if we offer to pay half of his freight that a club would take a punt on Nofoaluma, but that's not to say it'll happen.

@kade7 had some mail regarding Tumeth being shopped, but he might be able to shed more light on that. Kepaoa could be offered up somewhere potentially. Doueihi as you say is a possibility but I'm not entirely sure given his injury status. Reilly was reportedly being shopped around as per the DT. there might be a little more going on than we anticipate.
There Is no suggestion that the club wants to move Nofoaluma on. There is absolutely no basis for thinking he’s going anywhere.

Back