Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

You’re right
- the fact he’s been moved on from both those teams and was only offered a lifeline from the lowly tigers back then is an exact indication of his worth….
And that response is probably an exact indication of your worth.

He's 73 to put things in perspective. I like him
too, but characters like Palmer find it hard to
hang it up. Can't expect a 73 year old to run round
with and condition 18-20+ years olds the whole
year, it's a bit silly. What's more silly is how we're
being painted as the bad guys (again) for not
renewing his contract. Would love to see him
retire and spend more time with his family. Good
luck silver fox, been a staple and icon in the game
Yeah agreed. We need change and youth.

I’m worried about his mental and physical health. Seems like the guy lives for footy and without it could be lost. Obviously loves it. Hope he stays in the game in some capacity and keeps himself busy.

I’m worried about his mental and physical health. Seems like the guy lives for footy and without it could be lost. Obviously loves it. Hope he stays in the game in some capacity and keeps himself busy.
Most clubs would celebrate a guy who gave the code 50 plus years service. Not our guys, only worried about their next pay check.

So many horrid years, hopefully behind us. Arriba

Mate he’s pretty lucky to have been kept on as long as he has.

Wests Tigers have been a retirement village for too long.
Not hard to put together a nice farewell video and dinner for a rugby league lifer. The pigs in suits at our club haven’t got a clue.

Unlike you to have a problem for the sake of having a problem?

He's been let go from plenty of places in the last decade - Didn't get a send off there either.
None of the headlines are bigging the club up for keeping him in the game for a few more years after he was punted everywhere else...

50 Years is a long time, He didn't reach double digits here though...
You say gave the code 50 yrs service like he wasn't paid for it,
And he did it all at the one club?
Well after 37 years working at a company and then let go, at least i got a cake!!!

Most clubs would celebrate a guy who gave the code 50 plus years service. Not our guys, only worried about their next pay check.
Why is it the tigers that are the only club expected to go above and beyond with all this fluffy stuff? I’ve never seen news articles about other clubs celebrating trainers careers. No one else cares. This is just self sabotaging. The people who bring it up or comment in the media have agendas.

He wasn’t let go. It’s not like he was sacked half way though a contract again after suing the club the first time 🤦🏼‍♂️ His contract wasn’t renewed. Part of life. Just move on and start winning.

Pages of arguments over the fricken trainer ..

no new players coming though ..
Unless/until we hear of some players being moved on I don't think there is much hope of new signings. Even if one were moved on it seems likely Staines, not someone new, will take the spot.

Sure there is players we could target for 25 but most years you could count on one hand the players who sign with another club a year out. So again such signings seem unlikely.

Latest posts

Back